Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 02:41 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,143,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I think what really drives them crazy is that she DARED to escape their "southern cheapskate's dream" and move to Long Island. I think that the only reason they feel so threatened by her posts is because they negate the only thing they live for: constantly justifying their own move down south. Yadda, yadda, yadda...
Still beating that drum, eh Ringo?
BTW, who feels threatened by her posts? I wish the OP luck, good fortune and happiness.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:50 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I think what really drives them crazy is that she DARED to escape their "southern cheapskate's dream" and move to Long Island. I think that the only reason they feel so threatened by her posts is because they negate the only thing they live for: constantly justifying their own move down south. So of course they've got to try and "prove" she's a troll because the very existence of a person who voluntarily chose to move AWAY from South Carolina and to Long Island is an affront to their very being. Meanwhile, note how they spend all their time on the LI CD forum instead of the forum for their home area.

Please tell the lady not to be afraid to post here and tell her about the "Ignore" feature.
Come on - you of all people not appreciating investigating previous posts to call BS on other posts?! Seriously!

Either way I can tell you there's no affront to my very being - or anything even close for me... and this train wreck of a community is way more interesting than any other group. Stopping reading here seems silly. BTW - I don't know if you've ever been to SC, but I have - often. There aren't many areas one would call affluent.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:53 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,996,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Lol! Personally I would never let a landscaper touch my lawn. I see the fast shoddy job they do on other properties. Plus I actually enjoy taking care of it myself.
Well you and Pequa can spend a summer Saturday doing my corner Levitt estate. I'd rather get a root canal. Or pay $30 bucks to watch a gang of vatos with way better equipment than me knock it out in 15 minutes and spend my time getting complimented on my bbq ribs and neat lawn. Yay summer. For the record my lawn looked the best in February. Evil irony.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:13 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,784,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Still beating that drum, eh Ringo?
BTW, who feels threatened by her posts? I wish the OP luck, good fortune and happiness.
As do I. I cringe at what OP's reaction is when she reads all the activity on this thread over the past couple of hours. Seriously, BigMike - I can understand wanting to flex your former NYPD detective [--stalking--] skills on a poster, but come on - give it a rest already. Ok, so her posts and observations may come off in a "rambling like tone" and she may not be the sharpest tool in the shed for choosing a Richmond-area hotel to stay while house-hunting or growling about HOA fees/grocery stores/lawn care but hindsight is always 20/20 and when you are in a certain situation, you can't always predict how you will act or react. So just.Let.It.Go.Already.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:23 PM

I think some of it comes from so many calling BS on so many others. All parties should take a step back.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:34 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,952,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
As do I. I cringe at what OP's reaction is when she reads all the activity on this thread over the past couple of hours. Seriously, BigMike - I can understand wanting to flex your former NYPD detective [--stalking--] skills on a poster, but come on - give it a rest already. Ok, so her posts and observations may come off in a "rambling like tone" and she may not be the sharpest tool in the shed for choosing a Richmond-area hotel to stay while house-hunting or growling about HOA fees/grocery stores/lawn care but hindsight is always 20/20 and when you are in a certain situation, you can't always predict how you will act or react. So just.Let.It.Go.Already.
lol, I'm done, seriously. I'll be fun watching her posts from afar

I use to think cops and lawyers were very smart people, common sense and streetwise, now I'm starting to think otherwise.....bless your little heart

Old 08-07-2013, 03:37 PM

67 posts, read 110,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
. Ok, so her posts and observations may come off in a "rambling like tone" and she may not be the sharpest tool in the shed .
Good to know she's now a professor at one of those prestigious LI universities

By the way, pequaman I know what a dry county is, what it has to do with anything that was posted. I guess you made the assumption that the Piggly Wiggly only sells soft drinks. Get past the Hudson sometime.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:34 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,695,930 times
I hope she comes back. She seems nice and I don't think she is a troll.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
I'll be fun watching her posts from afar
But which kind of poster will we get, the angry & bitter one complaining about jet noise, or the one who loves wandering around the parks and wineries?

Old 08-07-2013, 08:04 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,768,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
Well you and Pequa can spend a summer Saturday doing my corner Levitt estate. I'd rather get a root canal. Or pay $30 bucks to watch a gang of vatos with way better equipment than me knock it out in 15 minutes and spend my time getting complimented on my bbq ribs and neat lawn. Yay summer. For the record my lawn looked the best in February. Evil irony.
Lol to each his own goose. I'm just one of those obsessive-compulsive types when it comes to my lawn. I do hate edging though (I am also a corner lot) I agree with you there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island