Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 07:50 PM

622 posts, read 853,625 times

Advertisements

Received my August bill from LIPA and ran a quick calculation. I'm paying about .2245/kWh. That places my LIPA rate at the first or second highest rate in the US. This is after two recent, inexplicable rate increases.

What happened to Gov Cuomo's LIPA reforms? I guess, much like the property tax cap, he never said it would save us money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 05:36 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,670,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowmylawn View Post
Received my August bill from LIPA and ran a quick calculation. I'm paying about .2245/kWh. That places my LIPA rate at the first or second highest rate in the US. This is after two recent, inexplicable rate increases.

What happened to Gov Cuomo's LIPA reforms? I guess, much like the property tax cap, he never said it would save us money.
Yes, I came up with about the same.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:53 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,955,644 times
2nd Hawaii is way more EIA - Electricity Data

Old 09-26-2013, 06:14 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,165,351 times
Did you send a letter to Cuomo? What about start a petition for everyone to sign about these rate increases.

Not for nothing but nothing will change just by complaining on a message board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowmylawn View Post

Old 09-26-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Did you send a letter to Cuomo? What about start a petition for everyone to sign about these rate increases.

Not for nothing but nothing will change just by complaining on a message board.
This is the small nugget of wisdom that is lost. You can complain about LIPA, LIRR, Garbage men, pensions, etc all day long on this board, none of it will make a damn bit of difference.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:05 AM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
No matter what they do the bill for a few billion for Shoreham is still hanging out there and hasn't been paid down for decades. LIPA's debt is growing and these rate freezes are senseless and amount to pandering to the electorate. They are doing the same thing with schools, counties, local governments allowing to borrow from the NYS Pension funds pushing the problem down the road.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:16 AM

2 posts, read 1,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckthedog View Post
This is the small nugget of wisdom that is lost. You can complain about LIPA, LIRR, Garbage men, pensions, etc all day long on this board, none of it will make a damn bit of difference.

It's a discussion board. People can vent and complain. Everyone doesn't necessarily have time to become Ralph Nader just because they decided to audit their LIPA bill. Just pointing out the costs and seeing what other's think. That's what a forum is for, isn't it?

Last edited by Coach Potato; 09-26-2013 at 07:28 AM..

Old 09-26-2013, 07:18 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,534,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckthedog View Post
Exactly! That is about 75% of the threads here.
If you can't beat em, join them! We all have choices.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:30 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,999,914 times
Ugh, the whole Shoreham thing. Makes me cringe in rage every time I think of that debacle which I wasn't here for but am paying for. I'm all for the complaining on the forums. It's the most interesting part.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
It's a discussion board. People can vent and complain. Everyone doesn't necessarily have time to become Ralph Nader just because they decided to audit their LIPA bill. Just pointing out the costs and seeing what other's think. That's what a forum is for, isn't it?
YES! I agree with this too. However, dont expect results.

Having said that, the amount of time some of us (myself included) spend complaining here we can be a better Ralph Nader than Ralph Nader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island