Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 02:29 PM

225 posts, read 318,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe461 View Post
People "buy these" because they can afford them. West Hills is not in the best LI school district, but there are some beautiful homes in a very nice wooded area. Big homes with nice properties. For what you get, it is a bargain compared to similar looking areas further north.

People on forums don't think. That's why we are on forums.

I am really curious about a few things...

- Is english your first language?
- You have indicated you don't live on Long Island. Why are you so fascinated with it? There are so many other areas with more and better supernatural stories/urban legends. Long Island is actually pretty weak compared to several other areas.
- How old are you? Not necessarily an exact age, just a ballpark.
- Have you ever held a real job or career? If so, what field were you in?
Why do you want to know? What does it matter about? Yes I speak english and I am from here. I am in 30s and YES I have a job and I work there. I am not from long island but my family lives there and I go there sometimes. They live in suffolk county, ny and have had many things happen and it is concerning and even see witches all the time and it is near mt. misery and there there are occult stores. Why would I not have concern? I do not want to say more about it because people threated my family and even said that they would shoot their house in forums. Suffolk county, ny is well known where may things can happen and is associate with these things and there are many stories and many people who know about it. I want to know more and I go in forums to ask the people there.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:39 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,850,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -thosewhoknow- View Post
We are blithe among the shadows of the trees on the Mount. The owls are not what they seem. Some are our familiars. There is power in the ground there and it is useful to our needs. We are many in Suffolk County...
...We are your politicians.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:05 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,656,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
Why do you want to know? What does it matter about? Yes I speak english and I am from here. I am in 30s and YES I have a job and I work there. I am not from long island but my family lives there and I go there sometimes. They live in suffolk county, ny and have had many things happen and it is concerning and even see witches all the time and it is near mt. misery and there there are occult stores. Why would I not have concern? I do not want to say more about it because people threated my family and even said that they would shoot their house in forums. Suffolk county, ny is well known where may things can happen and is associate with these things and there are many stories and many people who know about it. I want to know more and I go in forums to ask the people there.
There are occult stores all over the place. Not only in Suffolk county. There are occult shops in upstate NY, PA, MA, CA, FL, Michigan, Illinois, Connecticut - point is, pretty much everywhere.

Why are you fixated on one county in NYS?

Are you aware that people who practice Wicca are not Satanists? You seem to live in fear.

I too was wondering how old you are, and if you are from a foreign culture. It's the way that you write, and the fact that you do not capitalize proper nouns. Your fear of the occult in Suffolk is really an obsession. Have you thought of seeing a counselor?

Old 10-13-2015, 08:13 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,543,412 times
Quote:
I have no interest in specifics. Just wanted to get a better picture of the person who has such an unnatural interest in Suffolk County.

No one has threatened your family. I know the exact post you are referring to. The person used a figure of speech and referred to the potential of a third party (not himself) shooting out a porch light. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment that no reasonable person would consider a threat of any kind. Please give this one a rest. It is your persistent inability to understand what is written that made me wonder if English is your native language.

If you "want to know more" why do you dismiss every answer given to you? People have consistently corrected your erroneous assumptions, pointed out your errors and answered your questions with facts. Yet you argue this information as if you already know the answers to your own questions. Then you go on to ask the same questions, often phrased as a definitive statement on a topic you also claim to know nothing about.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:02 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,786,782 times
OP's definition of "bad" seems to need clarification. Your "bad" may be someone else's "tolerable" or "acceptable". OP seems to equate paranormal activity with "bad" when the fact remains that Paranormal/Ghost activity is not limited to just popular touristy spots or local legends. There are haunted spots and homes all over the USA, even in swanky luxury buildings in NYC (particularly if anyone died there recently).

As far as "bad" in the way normal people view it, those areas on this board consider 'bad' towns (like Hempstead, Wyandanch, pockets of high crime areas in other towns)- the people who usually wind up moving there are those who are on extremely limited budgets or on public assistance (and thus, public housing officials places them there without choice), or just downright ignorance. But it doesnt seem like OP is addressing this aspect at all and is fixated on residential homes located on allegedly haunted spots in Suffolk County, which may or may not be haunted as its questionable whether locals or owners are hyping old stories just to drum up more press for revenue purposes.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I have no interest in specifics. Just wanted to get a better picture of the person who has such an unnatural interest in Suffolk County.

No one has threatened your family. I know the exact post you are referring to. The person used a figure of speech and referred to the potential of a third party (not himself) shooting out a porch light. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment that no reasonable person would consider a threat of any kind. Please give this one a rest. It is your persistent inability to understand what is written that made me wonder if English is your native language.

If you "want to know more" why do you dismiss every answer given to you? People have consistently corrected your erroneous assumptions, pointed out your errors and answered your questions with facts. Yet you argue this information as if you already know the answers to your own questions. Then you go on to ask the same questions, often phrased as a definitive statement on a topic you also claim to know nothing about.
This person said they would shoot at the poarch light on my familys house and this is joke? It is a joke to shoot at house with a family with children in it? How is it funny? It is true that I dont undersatnd the joke and I dont find shooting at people funny.

I do not dismis the answers only when people are being mean or they say it is not real. It is real and it is famous and there are many many people who know and talk about it and we discuss it. When people say that it is not real it means that they dont know so why do they try to discuss in forums or answer it even? There are even occult peeople on forums now who say so that that they use powers from mt. misery and even the trees and owls there. How they do it I dont know but they say that they are doing it and that many things happen because of it. I know about it but I want to know more and some people say more and some are mean or say it isnt real but that does not make it true.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
There are occult stores all over the place. Not only in Suffolk county. There are occult shops in upstate NY, PA, MA, CA, FL, Michigan, Illinois, Connecticut - point is, pretty much everywhere.

Why are you fixated on one county in NYS?

Are you aware that people who practice Wicca are not Satanists? You seem to live in fear.

I too was wondering how old you are, and if you are from a foreign culture. It's the way that you write, and the fact that you do not capitalize proper nouns. Your fear of the occult in Suffolk is really an obsession. Have you thought of seeing a counselor?
They are in other places and in some places there are many many more then in others. In suffolk county, ny there are many and there are many many towns and all have to do with it especially some like sayville and west hills where mt. misery is and northport and smithtowns. There are places that are famous for it like the lake ronkonkoma where there is a ghost who can drown people and then mt. misery where many things can happen and aztecca woods where a boy was murdered by satanists. Why would I not have fear especially when their are children and they are exposed to it. There are occult stores and festivals even. It does not matter if it is worshiping satan or if it is worshiping earth or pagans. It is all dangerous and can cause many things to happen and itv welcomes things and can effect things and get to people who are not involved and would not get involved even. I do not need counselor and those people lie and psyciatry is probably all lies so why would I do it? Theres things that are true and just because people to dont know or because they lie about it doesnt mean its false. Also I am not from another culture I am american and I write how I want and sometimes I am on my phone even it changes things and it is annoying.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
OP's definition of "bad" seems to need clarification. Your "bad" may be someone else's "tolerable" or "acceptable". OP seems to equate paranormal activity with "bad" when the fact remains that Paranormal/Ghost activity is not limited to just popular touristy spots or local legends. There are haunted spots and homes all over the USA, even in swanky luxury buildings in NYC (particularly if anyone died there recently).

As far as "bad" in the way normal people view it, those areas on this board consider 'bad' towns (like Hempstead, Wyandanch, pockets of high crime areas in other towns)- the people who usually wind up moving there are those who are on extremely limited budgets or on public assistance (and thus, public housing officials places them there without choice), or just downright ignorance. But it doesnt seem like OP is addressing this aspect at all and is fixated on residential homes located on allegedly haunted spots in Suffolk County, which may or may not be haunted as its questionable whether locals or owners are hyping old stories just to drum up more press for revenue purposes.
Paranrmal is not bad? Why? It can cause many things to happen and it can be dangerous? You dont think it is bad? Why do you think this even? Theres many haunted places and places that are evil like mt. misery and aztecca woods and there are haunted houses and stores and even movie theaters and people shoulld go there. Why do think this? Being in crime is very very different and it also bad and dangerous but it is different. It is exposed and criminal and policemen can stop it. They cannot stop it if its haunting. Even FBI knows and is in suffolk county, ny to try to help people and make occult stop but it is differenr and it is also crime. Why would people make hype to make drum press and make money? How can they make it? It does not make sense. This is what I want to know. If the people say it is haunted why would people go there and you say they would pay even to go there? Why would they do it?

Old 10-13-2015, 05:21 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,543,412 times
Quote:
This person said they would shoot at the poarch light on my familys house and this is joke? It is a joke to shoot at house with a family with children in it? How is it funny? It is true that I dont undersatnd the joke and I dont find shooting at people funny.
The actual quote was:

Quote:
Who keeps inviting you back??

I'd like to go and shoot out their torchlight.

1. "Poarch" is not a real word. It is even less real than the place name of 'Mt. Misery."
2. The statement referred to a torchlight.
3. Neither torchlight or "poarch" light is a person.
4. I never claimed anything was funny or a joke. I wrote it was "tongue in cheek" which it clearly is.
5. Reading is FUNdamental! Reading comprehension is even more important.
6. If you really consider this a threat, I highly suggest you report it to the proper authorities as no one here is in a position to assist you (or take you seriously). Act on it or stop making a Mt. Misery out of a molehill.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
The actual quote was:

1. "Poarch" is not a real word. It is even less real than the place name of 'Mt. Misery."
2. The statement referred to a torchlight.
3. Neither torchlight or "poarch" light is a person.
4. I never claimed anything was funny or a joke. I wrote it was "tongue in cheek" which it clearly is.
5. Reading is FUNdamental! Reading comprehension is even more important.
6. If you really consider this a threat, I highly suggest you report it to the proper authorities as no one here is in a position to assist you (or take you seriously). Act on it or stop making a Mt. Misery out of a molehill.
You did not and now you lie. You are now trying to say torchlight now but that is a lie. You said you would shoot their porchlight. Im sorry that I spelled it wrong but that does not mean anything. You said that because I am on forums that you wanted to shoot porchlight. Porchlight is on there house on the porch by the front door and the family lives there with children. You said you wanted to shoot a house with children in it and you lie and say you didnt?

Who keeps inviting you back??

I'd like to go and shoot out their porchlight.

And you can even read it here https://www.city-data.com/forum/41039087-post32.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island