Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 05:47 AM

3 posts, read 6,800 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for some help/opinions...anything would be helpful.

I recently had a gas service line brought to my house from national grid. I hired a plumber who was a friend of a friend. They ran the gas line in my house (which came out very nice actually) and pressurized the line, which held. ( i believe it was 15 psi, and it didn't move for almost 3 days) Now that i'm at the next step the guy tells me that he didn't realize that i wasn't in the same municipality as him and that he's not going to be able to schedule the appointment and fill out the paperwork for me to get the meter hung. (are you kidding??)
So now i have the gas line installed and ready to go, but i'm at a standstill.

Is it possible for me to hire another plumber to come and check that the line is holding pressure and file the paperwork for me to get the meter hung, and to connect my stove?? Am i totally screwed here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 06:07 AM

9 posts, read 19,216 times
Yes you can hire someone else. they will try to charge you an arm and a leg though.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:54 AM

730 posts, read 1,659,209 times
Check out this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...et-nassau.html

I see you are new to this forum, always use the search feature - conversion to gas is a "hot" topic with many people posting very good information.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:32 AM

19,223 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilesjc View Post
I'm looking for some help/opinions...anything would be helpful.

I recently had a gas service line brought to my house from national grid. I hired a plumber who was a friend of a friend. They ran the gas line in my house (which came out very nice actually) and pressurized the line, which held. ( i believe it was 15 psi, and it didn't move for almost 3 days) Now that i'm at the next step the guy tells me that he didn't realize that i wasn't in the same municipality as him and that he's not going to be able to schedule the appointment and fill out the paperwork for me to get the meter hung. (are you kidding??)
So now i have the gas line installed and ready to go, but i'm at a standstill.

Is it possible for me to hire another plumber to come and check that the line is holding pressure and file the paperwork for me to get the meter hung, and to connect my stove?? Am i totally screwed here?
Are you saying that only a licensed plumber from the town you live in is authorized to do the paperwork/schedule an inspection appointment?

I have never heard of such a thing, that would mean a plumber needs multiple licenses just to work on LI...

Old 12-13-2013, 06:42 AM

3 posts, read 6,800 times
Exactly...I Wasn't Aware OfThis Either, Until About A Week Ago..I was UnderThe Impression That There Was A NYC License And A Long IslaNd License. But Apparently ON Long ISland For Example..If You Are Licensed In Town Of Hempstead You Cant Do Work In Town Of Oyster Bay Unless You Have A Seperate License There also. I Would Imagine Its The Same For Islip, BrookhaVen etc.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:58 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,670,933 times
I know Suffolk Cty issues licenses, I would have thought Nassau too, but their towns are screwed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island