Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:53 PM

577 posts, read 979,740 times

Advertisements

Don't these politicians have an 1/4 ounce of shame?

Hiring of ex-supervisor's wife is poor judgment - Editorial
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 09:10 PM

622 posts, read 853,408 times
No, no they don't.

It's no different anywhere on LI. Just google Belloney and how he hired his wife into a cushy 6-figure job as head of the parks department. The day after she was appointed, she went on maternity leave.

No, LI's politicians know no shame.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:39 AM

414 posts, read 808,976 times
Scum of the earth these LI politicans are.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:42 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,162,875 times
Its either vote scumbag A or scumbag B.

It will never change on LI.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:38 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,125,715 times
Or put another way.

I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine!!!!!

Old 01-14-2014, 01:09 PM

8 posts, read 11,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Its either vote scumbag A or scumbag B.

It will never change on LI.
Sure seems that way. How depressing....

Old 01-15-2014, 07:47 AM

1,101 posts, read 2,736,311 times
I would love to see Newsday do a story with a "family tree" showing all of the relatives, friends or party loyalists working in county and town governments, as well as the special taxing districts. However, I don't think anyone would be shocked at the results. We all vote for these clowns. Naïve as he may have been, Adam Haber said he would end the patronage system if he became Nassau County Executive. Well, the voters shut him down pretty quickly.

We get the governments we deserve. The police unions, the party loyalists and the relatives and friends pretty much have a lock on local government. They are well organized and they tell workers to get out and vote for the right candidate if they know what's good for them. They know they can count on disinterest and low turnout from the rest of the voters who might want a change. Unless we overwhelm these clowns at the ballot box, nothing will change. And, even then, that assumes the elections are honest. (Just check and see who runs the Board of Elections.)

Old 01-15-2014, 08:35 AM

414 posts, read 808,976 times
Very true, this will keep happening as long as we keep voting in the lifelong crooks, I mean politicians. I never vote for the lifers, they are not here to help to public one bit. Quite sad.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:53 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,125,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryangry View Post
Very true, this will keep happening as long as we keep voting in the lifelong crooks, I mean politicians. I never vote for the lifers, they are not here to help to public one bit. Quite sad.

You statement brings up an interesting sidebar. What choice does one have? Who in their right mind wants to have that job, be it County Exec or Town Supervisor. We have few if any, that are worth their weigh in feathers and even fewer that are in the pipeline.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:26 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,312,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
You statement brings up an interesting sidebar. What choice does one have? Who in their right mind wants to have that job, be it County Exec or Town Supervisor. We have few if any, that are worth their weigh in feathers and even fewer that are in the pipeline.
Or when we get new blood willing to serve and even willing to spend their own money campaigning, the parties rush to stamp it out. Look at the Nassau County Exec. race. The democrats made sure to stamp out the new honest guy Haber and make it EXACTLY the same race it was the last election with the same old hacks: Mangano v. Suozzi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island