Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 12:32 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,105,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
My point is that people like JDawg allowed things to develop the way they did. Basically, they allowed the existence of Long Island as a way to allow NYC employers to underpay their employees.
What are you? This is the United States if you don't like the available standards in your current community move (and take your family). The other poster likes the way their life is, you are the one that feels their opportunities are diminished...

Ok so you know the secret, Long island was developed as a low cost supply of workers for NY City....

Old 04-23-2014, 01:10 PM

413 posts, read 599,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Century View Post
Aren't you the person who's said repeatedly in this thread that everyone is different and therefore people's choices/priorities should be respected? How is ANYTHING you wrote above relevant to this already-pointless discussion, let alone any of your business?

The sad part is, I agree with you on a number of your choices and beliefs, but the way you talk about them and try to bludgeon others into compliance with your worldview is indescribably off-putting. You made the conscious decision to shine a spotlight on your own particular circumstances and then had, and continue to have, a coronary upon it being brought to your attention that people live their lives differently than you choose to. If you were looking for pats on the back and unanimous approval, an internet message board full of people whom you've likely already repeatedly irritated or antagonized in the past is not the place to look for it.

If you are prepared to deal with a range of responses, then by all means, you should feel free to continue to solicit opinions. If you cannot cope with the fact that people may think and live differently than you -- and waste hours of time that I assume is on the clock at your job trying to get a bunch of internet strangers to agree with you -- then you have much bigger problems than the cost of Long Island, my friend. Live your life in a way that works for you. If you are happy with the choices you have made for yourself and your family, then it does not matter what anyone else thinks.

PLEASE READ BEFORE ENTERING Le Vortex!

Old 04-23-2014, 02:24 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,892,286 times
mits' posts: ideal circumstances, everything else be damned.
everyone else: actual circumstances in our real world where people usually have the best intentions but it may or may not work out that way.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:05 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,449,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
My point is that people like JDawg allowed things to develop the way they did. Basically, they allowed the existence of Long Island as a way to allow NYC employers to underpay their employees.
What does her commute to work and the fact that she is happy with her life have to do with you not wanting a smart phone or data plan??? This thread has completely gone of course but at the same time has me laughing my butt off! Why don't you just accept the fact that mostly everyone disagrees with you and just be done with it already. This thread has become comical and pointless.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:44 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,288,785 times
Thread closed for mod review.

Please do not deliberately provoke others & then complain that other members are not being nice to you.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island