Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 01:26 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackBerry Messenger View Post
Is this dog fixed? Isn't it true that male dogs will tend to roam and want to get out if they are not neutered?

Regardless of the breed dogs are supposed to be leashed. I can understand a well trained dog off without a leash if the owner is the immediate area. Any responsible dog owner would take steps to control a dog or fix the fence if a neighbor complained about it getting out into the neighborhood.

The other posters are on the right track about calling animal control if it gets out again.
I had a neutered Jack Russell whose innate desire to kill rodents would supersede any of the perceived 'non roaming' benefits of neutering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 01:58 PM

715 posts, read 1,234,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryangry View Post
Sounds like that dog is looking for attention, and is not getting it at home. Smart dog!
It definitely seems like she doesn't get a lot of attention, especially with the dry patch on her belly. Makes me sad for her cause she seems like a sweetheart.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:05 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveithateit View Post
lol. reminds me of this a few weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSG_wBiTEE8
That was fantastic! Also note, the dog doing the attacking in the video was NOT a pit bull. It was a labrador-chow mix. It also was extremely aggressive towards Animal Control officers and the owner surrendered it to be put down.

I agree with others on here. NO dog, regardless of breed OR the supposed "sweety" the owner thinks it is, should be running loose. Best of luck in getting this under control. I live in a Village and if this was happening I would just call them and they would send out Code Enforcement and/or Public Safety and I am confident the owner would be sorry! You have a larger entity ("Town of Brookhaven") to deal with, so I can see why you were confused on who to call and people on here came through for you with the info.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 06-17-2014 at 02:14 PM..

Old 06-17-2014, 02:26 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
Tell your wife to carry a bat and let the neighbor know she will be doing that to defend herself. And your son will be holding a camera.

But personally I'd invest in a bb gun. What is it with me, bb guns, and neighbors???
Does the "r" in your screenname stand for Ralphie? ("You'll shoot your eye out!!")

Old 06-17-2014, 06:23 PM

167 posts, read 305,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Try feeding the dog some semi-sweet bakers chocolate and grapes. Problem solved.
Absolutely disgusting! This is total breed discrimination. I've met my share of really nasty chihuahuas--no one is threatening to feed them poison. I cannot believe the answers I've read here...

Old 06-17-2014, 06:51 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMom77 View Post
Absolutely disgusting! This is total breed discrimination. I've met my share of really nasty chihuahuas--no one is threatening to feed them poison. I cannot believe the answers I've read here...
It's called sarcasm. I understood those posts were meant to be funny and not to be taken seriously. If you have something to add to the discussion......

Old 06-17-2014, 07:49 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryangry View Post
Lets be honest, the breed has a bad reputation, and a pretty good reason they do. If you choose to get a breeed with a bad rep, plan to deal with it.
Probably true. Pit bulls seem to attract asinine owners a lot of the time, though.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:28 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Sounds like a nice dog and a careless owner. No reason to argue with the owner, just call animal control if the dog is loose. It's their job to handle these situations. Your breed discrimination attitude does not add to your credibility.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:14 PM

755 posts, read 1,080,411 times
If there was a calm pitbull unleashed on my street, I would discriminate against it's breed too and walk behind my neighbors fence or turn around and go home.

Every pound of that breed looks like solid muscles. And I've had a German Shepherd and Rott mix.

My post was a joke. Sorry if I offended, personally I wouldn't approach any medium/large dog without a leash. Don't bring a Pitt to a far away city shelter. No one ever adopts them, and if owner can't get there to retrieve, he will be put down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island