Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:07 PM

14 posts, read 45,367 times

Advertisements

Channel 12 news and Newsday has been carrying on about how upset "people" are over how the "ICE" agency conducted a raid here in Nassau County a few days ago and how it is upsetting because it was nothing more than a huge roundup and not everyone was a criminal illegal, some were just illegal. I'm wondering who these "people" are. I'm pleased and so is everyone I talk to. I have yet to encounter anyone who thinks it was a bad thing and not everyone I know thinks like I do. I think perhaps Suozzi and the Nassau County Police Department feel as though they have been upstaged. All of this has been sitting in their own backyard for oh so long and not doing a thing about it. I hope they come back again soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 11:32 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCNEWYORK View Post
Channel 12 news and Newsday has been carrying on about how upset "people" are over how the "ICE" agency conducted a raid here in Nassau County a few days ago and how it is upsetting because it was nothing more than a huge roundup and not everyone was a criminal illegal, some were just illegal. I'm wondering who these "people" are. I'm pleased and so is everyone I talk to. I have yet to encounter anyone who thinks it was a bad thing and not everyone I know thinks like I do. I think perhaps Suozzi and the Nassau County Police Department feel as though they have been upstaged. All of this has been sitting in their own backyard for oh so long and not doing a thing about it. I hope they come back again soon.
The upset people are the ones who ICE is targeting and the the politicians pandering to them.

KUDOS ICE! Thank you so much!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:16 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,953 times
Only the LIBERALs at Newsday are upset. Newsday also endoses Spitzer's drivers license give away to illegal immigrants. The only person in the mainstream media that is with the American people is Lou Dobbs. He is on CNN between 6PM and 7PM.

If you really want to learn more about our immigration disaster and get real news, then you have to go online to VDARE.com Home Page - Welcome! or American Renaissance or Western Voices World News.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:40 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,669,840 times
I would prefer to see a realistic crackdown on the people who employ illegals...it is no secret who they are.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:43 PM

491 posts, read 829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCNEWYORK View Post
how it is upsetting because it was nothing more than a huge roundup and not everyone was a criminal illegal, some were just illegal. .
Illegel is ILLEGEL PERIOD !!
Under this thinking if everbody simply breaks the law we just change the law and become a lawless mess like Mexico or El'Salvidor ?
Who the hell needs this here, let alone pay for the nonstop kids these Illegels have once they get their women in the country.

Its not worth it throw them all OUT and shut the doors

Old 10-07-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
I would prefer to see a realistic crackdown on the people who employ illegals...it is no secret who they are.
That would be great -- cut off the source of the $$$ and loose the illegals. However big businesses reap more off the backs of illegals; these big business are in bed with the government. We need to eliminate the politicians who support these leetches and all the rest who hire illegals.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:52 PM

3 posts, read 6,910 times
It is such a shame we need to wast money on all this illegals nonsense. Just deport all illegals, for petesake. so we can get back to some real issues,

Old 01-16-2008, 08:02 AM

999 posts, read 2,358,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DedalusI
would prefer to see a realistic crackdown on the people who employ illegals...it is no secret who they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
That would be great -- cut off the source of the $$$ and loose the illegals. However big businesses reap more off the backs of illegals; these big business are in bed with the government. We need to eliminate the politicians who support these leetches and all the rest who hire illegals.

Why can't everyone get on the same page and stop this...

Everyone loves levy and his bs talk about stopping the illegals...Have you seen levy in any van or pick up once go to any 7/11 of whatever and get a load of illegals and deliver them to the ins? ? ?

Sure he doesn't have to do it everyday, but it's that easy, i would love to see him do it just 1 time..

Why can't WE, that's right , you, me, all of us just stop using business that uses illegals..
You know the contractor at your house, the gardener, the tree guy, the gas station, the resturant...

Oh it would really kill some poeple to have to cut your own grass or find another 1, or actually find another contractor, or tree guy, or cook for yourself, or do all of the above yourself...

I know a guy that just for kicks takes his van gets a few illegals here and there and delivers them to the ins, there is another guy that videos the entire senario.

I would much rather see a few raids a week then police setting up check points for seat belts and insp infractions.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Why can't WE, that's right , you, me, all of us just stop using business that uses illegals..
You know the contractor at your house, the gardener, the tree guy, the gas station, the resturant...

Oh it would really kill some poeple to have to cut your own grass or find another 1, or actually find another contractor, or tree guy, or cook for yourself, or do all of the above yourself...

I would much rather see a few raids a week then police setting up check points for seat belts and insp infractions.
Some of us have stopped frequenting business which employ illegals. I don't get on a bandwagon unless I am 100% on board. My husband's business does not emply illegals; it has cost us work, but we choose not to break the law. I wish more people would follow suit.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:50 AM

487 posts, read 1,364,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Its not worth it throw them all OUT and shut the doors
it's not worth it, throw them all out and ...

fixed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island