Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 06:31 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times

Advertisements

You're screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 07:27 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryangry View Post
Is this another one of those single posts to get people chatting on a different subject on here? If I was in this situation, not sure I'd run to a forum to ask for suggestions. I think this site if full of BS made up posts to keep the forum active lol
While there are quite a few questions asked here that could be answered by a 5 second Google search, I think your opinion that things are posted just to keep the forum "active" is pretty idiotic.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:53 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
^ I've seen that mentioned many times - there is plenty of activity without random accounts doing that.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:33 AM

414 posts, read 808,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
While there are quite a few questions asked here that could be answered by a 5 second Google search, I think your opinion that things are posted just to keep the forum "active" is pretty idiotic.
You are welcome to your own idiotic opinion. Look at how many outlandish single post questions come across this forum with never a reply from the original poster. Quite a few.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:08 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryangry View Post
You are welcome to your own idiotic opinion. Look at how many outlandish single post questions come across this forum with never a reply from the original poster. Quite a few.
Did you ever think it's simply because they got their answer?

Old 06-10-2015, 11:53 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,797,578 times
The OP originally stated the squatters were given three months to move out. What was their response to this, and does it look like they're making a plan to leave? Lawyers, sheriffs, etc. are not needed if they leave voluntarily.

What I would do if they don't is to make up a few important sounding laws in your favor, and quote that you have the right to evict them. Let them go digging to find the real laws and their rights. Yah, sure.

The trick is to state your case firmly and decisively enough so they'll buy it. Use important sounding legalese, which is written in a way to intimidate laymen. People usually believe those who speak with authority and get a bit scared when "laws" are quoted. Doesn't matter if they're real laws or bogus laws you made up.

You sound like a nice guy, OP. I hope you get some peace and quiet soon.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:01 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekeniko View Post
The OP originally stated the squatters were given three months to move out. What was their response to this, and does it look like they're making a plan to leave? Lawyers, sheriffs, etc. are not needed if they leave voluntarily.

What I would do if they don't is to make up a few important sounding laws in your favor, and quote that you have the right to evict them. Let them go digging to find the real laws and their rights. Yah, sure.

The trick is to state your case firmly and decisively enough so they'll buy it. Use important sounding legalese, which is written in a way to intimidate laymen. People usually believe those who speak with authority and get a bit scared when "laws" are quoted. Doesn't matter if they're real laws or bogus laws you made up.

You sound like a nice guy, OP. I hope you get some peace and quiet soon.
Great points. Most people probably have no clue that they have some sort or resident status after 30 days.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:01 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
The other option is to call Vinny from Brooklyn in and motivate the squatters to leave voluntarily.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:10 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Call Adult Protective Services and report her for abusing her mom. help her mom get a protection order, that should take car of getting her out of your home.

Where are your adult children?? Why are you letting people take advantage of you like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island