Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 11:36 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnc62683 View Post
Where else did you expect all of china to sleep?
I am sure by now they all found another cot to rent somewhere in Flu-shing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 12:59 PM

The group I gathered last weekend just had success on a few other homes this week. Pretty much in the same area. One was in Bayside. Will share links when I am told it is OK to do so. Since we are keeping it quiet for obvious reasons. When a media outlet breaks it for us that is when it becomes public knowledge more.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:11 PM

Scratch above comment. I was just informed the infamous QuuensCrap released this for us yesterday!

Queens Crap: Bayside 2-family house marketed as 5-family

Due to our efforts this home was taken OFF the market yesterday! Was last sold for $500,000 in July.And was trying to sell for almost a $$ million dollars! Nice profit in such a short time.This is an epidemic & has been for years in this area of Queens. Parts of LI as well. The new owner did what he did & marketed it this way to get a CASH investor to snatch it up as they already can see it is set up to make big bucks immediately in rent! Albeit illegally & unsafe set up apts!

Old 02-27-2016, 10:16 PM

Though this story would fade away. But nope. Seems the people,behind this home have lots more to hide than even I thought! It appears the senator got the State Dept in NY involved. And when this article came out the other day it had some questionable reports. Saying that it was partially vacated..& makes it sound like the owner is allowed back in & has access. The state dept said they got the complaints about the property but were not concerned with the RE company & launched a full investigation. But they were NOT concerned about the property. Bu tit is suppose to be FULLY VACATED & boarded up. So now the case appears to have been sent to DC. Real estate agents under fire for illegally advertising single family home in Flushing • TimesLedger

Big payoffs & cover ups are happening here. Tons of $$ bought here from overseas to do this type of thing for years! Was told again there is far more to this than they can release. Can't wait to see what else our efforts for uncovering this one home has uncovered. They will not tell me or anyone & was just told by media friends....even THEM. Gag order!

Old 02-28-2016, 04:46 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,537,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Though this story would fade away. But nope. Seems the people,behind this home have lots more to hide than even I thought! It appears the senator got the State Dept in NY involved. And when this article came out the other day it had some questionable reports. Saying that it was partially vacated..& makes it sound like the owner is allowed back in & has access. The state dept said they got the complaints about the property but were not concerned with the RE company & launched a full investigation. But they were NOT concerned about the property. Bu tit is suppose to be FULLY VACATED & boarded up. So now the case appears to have been sent to DC. Real estate agents under fire for illegally advertising single family home in Flushing • TimesLedger

Big payoffs & cover ups are happening here. Tons of $$ bought here from overseas to do this type of thing for years! Was told again there is far more to this than they can release. Can't wait to see what else our efforts for uncovering this one home has uncovered. They will not tell me or anyone & was just told by media friends....even THEM. Gag order!
This is fascinating. You and your group deserve credit for waking the neighborhood up and maybe some officials who can actually do something. Keep it up.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson station View Post
This is fascinating. You and your group deserve credit for waking the neighborhood up and maybe some officials who can actually do something. Keep it up.
Thanks! The Dept of State (NY) got involved as they issue the licences. They have the power to revoke them. Which I was told they have already done. Now it seems the Senator has asked to State Dept in DC to get involved. So there must be a reason for that. But they will not tell any of us why. This is where I get upset as they are now being very cryptic with their answers all of the sudden.

But on the note the city has contacted me & the other person responsible for this home as well as several others in the past week that they have FULLY vacated within 48 hours of our calls. It has been FAR from an easy task we took on. The city sent me a letter & wants to give us a Proclamation for our diligence in this matter.

We were so touched by this & the fact that they have recognized our efforts. So at least the hard work paid off in this case. Hope this is a sign of good things for that part of Queens. But sadly it is so far gone there already. And they are still building it up like crazy! Looks like Hong Kong now. And getting worse. Just found out one of the last childhood clothes stores I used to shop at going way back to the mid 70's just announced they are shutting their doors.Goodbye Joyce Leslie...loved that store! No American stores left there at all pretty much. And the infamous RKO Keith Theater that has been closed since 1986 & was destroyed by a jerk developer has been out on the market again. It has been an empty dilapidated eyesore for years & is blight on the community. They should have restored that place to its original grandeur. Well all know what they are probably going to build in its place eventually.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:12 PM

These notices were just sent to me by the Senator that got involved in this for us! We have asked that Queens. More specifically Flushing be added to their target list. And was told he did actually speak with Dc about this & they will consider it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/us...=fb-share&_r=0

https://www.fincen.gov/news_room/nr/pdf/20160113.pdf

So they are watching these transactions & are well aware that money -laundering from overseas is a problem. But we all knew that already now didn't we?

Old 03-02-2016, 11:48 PM

These links show a few of the current project these Asian investors are planning. They are asking for commercial areas to have the zoning changed to mixed use so they can build some of these complexes. For many they are not even WAITING for the zoning to be approved before starting these projects!!

Revealed: 158-15 Union Turnpike, Hillcrest, Queens - New York YIMBY

Permits Filed: 134-16 36th Road, Hotel-Retail-Apartments in Flushing West Rezoning Area - New York YIMBY

Work Underway For First Two Towers At The Grand At Sky View Parc, Flushing - New York YIMBY

http://newyorkyimby.com/2016/01/reve...-flushing.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island