Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 02:47 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,209,524 times

Advertisements

While this Is a story that took place in Flushing Queens over the weekend this problem exists on LI as well in a HUGE way we all know. I posted this in the NYC forum & will share it here as well. I worked very HARD on this since I was notified by a freind of this home when this ad hit the market for sale! I will post ORIGINAL ad for how this property was marketed for sale. DISGUSTING! Clearly the owner & broker were trying to sell it as an illegal rooming/boarding house. There is a lot more to this story that I am not allowed to say since investigation in still active & on going. It has been a very long 4 days for me. But at least we have SUCCESS with this one home! It shows the city had dismissed & turned a blind eye dating back to 2007 & before on this property. Not this time! I enlisted many friends to get action & we WON. This will not be the last one either since I decided to spearhead a campaign similar to what I just did for this home for other homes in Flushing. While I do not live there anymore it is my hometown & I grew up there when it was still great! Before all this crap happened. Myself & many of my Flushing friends are banding together to form a committee to fight this for Flushing! The same exact thing can be done for communities on LI if anyone wants to!! I proved this can be done! //www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...l#post43132626
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 02:54 PM

This was ORIGINAL ad the owner & realtor /broker place for this home that got my attention! And I just went full fledge getting this shut down over the weekend. SUCCESS in less that 24 hours the city took action & shut it down for good! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater FYI don't worry not my real FB acct LOL. Can't get my identity from this LOL! Well for those that can see it LOL

They clearly marketed this as you can see if you read ad. as a 15 room illegal rental. The original ad can no longer be found since they quickly removed it when they realized the city was notified! But luckily I have a friend that saved it for us! They changed the ad but did not remove it at first. But once the city got to them later that day it got completely removed. Zillow is slow at removing things & does not update very well so this is how ad looked after they 1st changed it since it is still there on Zillow for now! 3307 153rd St, Flushing, NY 11354 | Zillow

But that original ad says it all!

Last edited by loribell38; 02-24-2016 at 03:16 PM..

Old 02-24-2016, 04:17 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,538,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
While this Is a story that took place in Flushing Queens over the weekend this problem exists on LI as well in a HUGE way we all know. I posted this in the NYC forum & will share it here as well. I worked very HARD on this since I was notified by a freind of this home when this ad hit the market for sale! I will post ORIGINAL ad for how this property was marketed for sale. DISGUSTING! Clearly the owner & broker were trying to sell it as an illegal rooming/boarding house. There is a lot more to this story that I am not allowed to say since investigation in still active & on going. It has been a very long 4 days for me. But at least we have SUCCESS with this one home! It shows the city had dismissed & turned a blind eye dating back to 2007 & before on this property. Not this time! I enlisted many friends to get action & we WON. This will not be the last one either since I decided to spearhead a campaign similar to what I just did for this home for other homes in Flushing. While I do not live there anymore it is my hometown & I grew up there when it was still great! Before all this crap happened. Myself & many of my Flushing friends are banding together to form a committee to fight this for Flushing! The same exact thing can be done for communities on LI if anyone wants to!! I proved this can be done! //www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...l#post43132626
This is really terrific news. That part of Flushing is worth saving!

Old 02-24-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson station View Post
This is really terrific news. That part of Flushing is worth saving!
YES it is! But it is so far gone it will be near impossible. Already got 4 more homes we are working on. All basically on the same block. One by 1 we are hoping to take as many down as possible in the coming days & weeks.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:32 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,538,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
YES it is! But it is so far gone it will be near impossible. Already got 4 more homes we are working on. All basically on the same block. One by 1 we are hoping to take as many down as possible in the coming days & weeks.
Best case scenario is to stop the spread from hitting the Bowne Park area.

The insane Flushing home prices make sense when you stop looking at it from an owner occupier's prospective and instead view it like a slum lord cramming as many poor souls as possible paying as much rent as as possible into a once fine single family house.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson station View Post
Best case scenario is to stop the spread from hitting the Bowne Park area.

The insane Flushing home prices make sense when you stop looking at it from an owner occupier's prospective and instead view it like a slum lord cramming as many poor souls as possible paying as much rent as as possible into a once fine single family house.
Exactly! They look at it from an investors view & they eat these up. The set up I was told by my friend that was there for the takedown was unreal! The inside was disgusting. I am not permitted to share those but she did show them to me. People were sleeping on cots in shifts! Taking all their belongings each time they left. Then they would come back for another shift that they were allowed in the home. This was not a case where someone rented a room & lived there whenever they wanted to be home in bed. They had to enter in shifts!! Like renting a bed to sleep for a few hours. They were not moving in & leaving personal belongings there as if they were renting a PRIVATE room. Some rooms & had anywhere from 2-10 cots in them I was told! Imagine that set-up in your mind.

As for Bowne park area..that area too is also affected. As is lots of Bayside now. They Asians are moving in fast still & taking over as much as they can. Look at Google view for area on Northern Blvd here. Looks just like Hong Kong! ?This is actual home the dark one! https://www.google.com/maps/place/33...df7250!6m1!1e1

This is what Northern Blvd looks like in that area now!! It's worse but this is from 2013. IHOP & KFC & that little Gulf station are the only American signs left pretty much! https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7650...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Working on 33-16 153 St now! https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7680...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Not the big new brick one on the corner...the one next to it! That whole block is disgusting! And Bowne Park is right there.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:47 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,889,107 times
FB link no longer works

Old 02-24-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
FB link no longer works
Yes It will not unless you are FB friends with me.I used my FB acct that was set up for business but it is not set up as a page for anyone to see. It was just to a pic of what the original ad looked like. Forgot I posted it that way....but no one will see it & CD will not allow me to remove link at this point & edit that post.

It was described as this: Home for sale. The owner rents one room for $700 month. Buyer can rent all the other rooms & make at least $7,295 month in income. Basically description for an illegal rooming house. I will see how I can post that pic here another way....but busy right now & on phone watching 2nd takedown on cam. I have 1 person that went there in person for me since they live right there.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:57 PM

22,672 posts, read 36,810,996 times
Garden City had a problem a few years ago with foreigners coming in, buying huge houses, and turning them into rooming houses. As you can imagine, natives not happy. The village acted VERY quickly to pass a law that a single family house means one family of related people can live there (don't know the exact wording but it stopped that nonsense in its tracks).

Old 02-24-2016, 06:15 PM

They just did a big story on News12 LI about Garden City keeping certain people out. A new law was passed I think. I can share link to News12 about that let me look for it. Hope that keeps these type of homes out of Garden City at least!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island