Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 09:23 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,293,896 times

Advertisements

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...14_rect/10_zm/

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 09:33 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,962,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Sold as is, at a loss of 100k when it sold seven years ago.

As a bonus, you can get authentic Shirley mosquito bites while picking out splinters from your dilapidated dock overseeing your glorious bacteria ridden water inlet.

Extra bonus, no need to worry about mowing your lawn, because it’s all dead.

Yep the area is improving!!!

Last edited by pidge1114; 09-16-2018 at 10:11 AM..

Old 09-16-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge1114 View Post
Sold as is, at a loss of 100k when it sold seven years ago.

As a bonus, you can get authentic Shirley mosquito bites while picking out splinters from your dilapidated dock overseeing your glorious bacteria ridden water inlet.

Extra bonus, no need to worry about mowing your lawn, because it’s all dead.

Yep the area is improving!!!
Where do you live on LI?

Old 09-16-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Where do you live on LI?
A town in western suffolk where real estate values consistently increase year over year. A town where home owners actually take care of their homes. And a town that doesn't need to be gentrified to be attractive.

Not sure if you're using your mod status to openly troll or if you genuinely think Shirley is LI's best kept secret....but either way in all seriousness, any level headed person knows that Shirley and Mastic are home to trash, and home values are evidence of it. This has been the case forever and shows no indictors it will change....ever.

Did you even read anything in the Zillow link you posted? Even if you only just looked at the price and photos, anyone would see why the house is so cheap. I think my favorite photo is the living room with wall to wall plywood floors. Lol.

Last edited by pidge1114; 09-16-2018 at 12:07 PM..

Old 09-16-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
A town in western suffolk where real estate values consistently increase year over year. A town where home owners actually take care of their homes. And a town that doesn't need to be gentrified to be attractive.

Not sure if you're using your mod status to openly troll or if you genuinely think Shirley is LI's best kept secret....but either way in all seriousness, any level headed person knows that Shirley and Mastic are home to trash, and home values are evidence of it. This has been the case forever and shows no indictors it will change....ever.

Did you even read anything in the Zillow link you posted? Even if you only just looked at the price and photos, anyone would see why the house is so cheap. I think my favorite photo is the living room with wall to wall plywood floors. Lol.
How did I know that you weren't gonna say exactly.

So you can come trash Shirley

trash Mastic

And can't say where you live...

Let's go

I'm not using MoD anything

We're just talking. Have I given you any infractions? You got carte blanche baby.

Where do you live? what area?

Old 09-16-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
How did I know that you weren't gonna say exactly.

So you can come trash Shirley

trash Mastic

And can't say where you live...

Let's go

I'm not using MoD anything

We're just talking. Have I given you any infractions? You got carte blanche baby.

Where do you live? what area?
I didn't say my town because it's not relevant to this conversation which is about Shirley, right?. I narrowed it to western Suffolk. Let me guess, I name my town so you can go hunt on Zillow for houses just like the one you posted? Sure, every town has them (though likely similarly conditioned homes in my area would go for the highest valued homes in Shirley which isn't saying much), but they're a dime a dozen out there.

Interestingly you seem to not mention much about the homes you post in Shirley. Are you aware they are short sales and are in conditions that need to be majorly overhauled or even bulldozed? I'm can't even understand what point you were trying to make with this recent one...is that supposed to be eye opening? Like we should jump on that gem? Or are you posting it because its super cheap? I scanned the link in 5 seconds to see its a piece of crap in a crap area with crap schools and is being sold at a giant loss from its previous sale. I truly don't get it.

I also like the insinuations that I come here to falsely slam Shirley (or Mastic which typically go hand in hand) because they aren't deserving in such.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I didn't say my town because it's not relevant to this conversation which is about Shirley, right?. I narrowed it to western Suffolk. Let me guess, I name my town so you can go hunt on Zillow for houses just like the one you posted? Sure, every town has them (though likely similarly conditioned homes in my area would go for the highest valued homes in Shirley which isn't saying much), but they're a dime a dozen out there.

Interestingly you seem to not mention much about the homes you post in Shirley. Are you aware they are short sales and are in conditions that need to be majorly overhauled or even bulldozed? I'm can't even understand what point you were trying to make with this recent one...is that supposed to be eye opening? Like we should jump on that gem? Or are you posting it because its super cheap? I scanned the link in 5 seconds to see its a piece of crap in a crap area with crap schools and is being sold at a giant loss from its previous sale. I truly don't get it.

I also like the insinuations that I come here to falsely slam Shirley (or Mastic which typically go hand in hand) because they aren't deserving in such.
No, I'm not trying to slam your town

Just wondering whats up with all the disdain for Shirley or Mastic

You dont even go there, so what u care??

Old 09-16-2018, 01:04 PM

Like buy low, sell high

U never heard that before?

Thats how everything comes up

It's almost coming off that you want Shirley and Mastic to stay s---y cause you have a benefit

You run a halfway house or something down there?

You do business with Poospatuck?

Whats up?

Old 09-16-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Endowed Jackhammer View Post
Have YOU ever been there????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????

Spend a day there. Go ahead. Drive around. Talk to the locals. It's good old fashioned suburbia, right? You should be able to strike up a conversation with some locals. You might even find a few without track marks, or with a full compliment of adult teeth.

Go ahead.

Watch how quick this crap dies.
Who paid you???

Haha

You got free time to do this?

Go pay your property taxes and vote!

LoL

Be gone

Old 09-16-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
This is very reminiscent of our 'ol buddy LIQuest....

//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...irley-get.html

From the same thread

You guys are trying too hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicBW View Post
I live in North Shirley, near the airport.

The entire area definitely has a bad rep. It's certainly not perfect but it's not the third world country that most people like to paint it as. Regardless of what some people may think, it's not an area filled with drug dealers, hookers, or white trash. My neighborhood is nice. My neighbors are respectful. I take my dogs for walks almost every night and I feel safe. There are lots of people out biking, running, walking their dogs, etc. I'm 10 minutes from Smithpoint and take advantage of that whenever I can. I don't have children so I can't comment on the schools but the specific area you looked at would be in the Longwood School District. I would also look into the Manor Park section of Mastic, specifically the area north of Grove. Technically it's Mastic but you'll be in the Eastport South Manor School Disctrict.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 09-16-2018 at 05:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island