Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 06:59 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Just when you thought the lefties couldn't top their wailing in the streets over their election loss, their feigned surprise at the newfangled electoral college, and quivers of horror at every rumored Trump appointment, we have now entered the desperate and self-funded recount phase.

On the bright side, it does swell the Republican ranks as every self-respecting and reasonable American left in the once-proud Democratic party has no interest in associating with this pathetic rabble. Even CNN (!) has labelled it a waste of time, money, and, self respect.
All my teacher friends are upset with DeVos. How do you feel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 03:54 AM

731 posts, read 725,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Lol...then your teacher "friends" refuse to educate themselves and choose instead to listen to faculty room rumors and NYSET union propaganda. DeVos is against Common Core which should make teachers happy but she also promotes school vouchers which may benefit some students as long as mommy wants to get dressed every morning to drive little Logan or Olivia to the school of their choice. Ain't happening.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:00 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,960,939 times
Quote:
I don't really feel one way or another about your purported teacher friends' purported feelings about DeVos.

Time for the Dems to decide if they want to continue with the identity politics (Black Lives Matter, etc etc) that brought them this Federal, State, and (soon) Supreme Court debacle or become a more inclusive party.

Decision on Pelosi and DNC head will tell us if the Dems see the light.

Of course the current oddball recount behavior (on top of the whining, feigned electoral college ignorance, and hyperventilating tweet/appointment sniping) may indicate a failure in an ability to accept the thumping, learn from it, and think of the future.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:16 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,733,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

When he criticized Rosey O'Donnell as a disgusting pig, the media used that as an attack on all women. The guy has 2 daughters, why would he become a women hater? The left wing media has lied and attacked Trump in this election in the most vicious attack ever on any candidate that I have ever seen.
And now that disgusting waste of oxygen -- who should get her own house in order -- is publicly insinuating that Barron Trump is autistic. Whether he is or is not, it is not our business. I guess she had to stoop to attacking children. When is she leaving?

Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,733,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
Lol...then your teacher "friends" refuse to educate themselves and choose instead to listen to faculty room rumors and NYSET union propaganda. DeVos is against Common Core which should make teachers happy but she also promotes school vouchers which may benefit some students as long as mommy wants to get dressed every morning to drive little Logan or Olivia to the school of their choice. Ain't happening.
I don't believe this is about driving Logan or Olivia as much as it is about busing or relocating (insert ethnic names here) from the inner city to predominantly white suburban districts.

I'm only a taxpayer and don't work for the schools. From where I sit, it looks like the school choice/voucher is about busting up suburban school districts. Add to that the the big TOD push coupled with the AFFH and you will see a 'fundamental change' which has its roots in 1968 Fair Housing Act but was placed on steroids in 2013 compliments of Julian Castro and Obama.

Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing: Obama's Latest Disaster | National Review
Quote:
AFFH obligates any local jurisdiction that receives HUD funding to conduct a detailed analysis of its housing occupancy by race, ethnicity, national origin, English proficiency, and class (among other categories). Grantees must identify factors (such as zoning laws, public-housing admissions criteria, and “lack of regional collaborationâ€) that account for any imbalance in living patterns. Localities must also list “community assets†(such as quality schools, transportation hubs, parks, and jobs) and explain any disparities in access to such assets by race, ethnicity, national origin, English proficiency, class, and more. Localities must then develop a plan to remedy these imbalances, subject to approval by HUD.
Don't believe me? One need only look at the fight for affordable housing in Westchester -- Chappaqua to be exact. Affordable housing advances in Chappaqua

Old 11-29-2016, 07:01 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,960,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I don't believe this is about driving Logan or Olivia as much as it is about busing or relocating (insert ethnic names here) from the inner city to predominantly white suburban districts.

I'm only a taxpayer and don't work for the schools. From where I sit, it looks like the school choice/voucher is about busting up suburban school districts. [/url]
Conflating several issues.

School vouchers in the current context have absolutely nothing to do with public school district to public school district student transfers. (They are public to private school constructs)

Old 11-29-2016, 07:21 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,671 times
If this doesn't scream POTUS nothing does!!!
"No body should be allowed to burn the American flag - if they do, there must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!"

What a waste of oxygen.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:34 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,522,415 times
Quote:
"No body should be allowed to burn the American flag - if they do, there must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!"

What a waste of oxygen.
Trolling the left is just too easy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag...on_Act_of_2005

Old 11-29-2016, 07:45 AM

1,162 posts, read 1,412,269 times
Quote:

What a waste of oxygen.
lol...too funny but we love and accept you anyway long isle.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:24 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,591,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Trolling the left is just too easy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag...on_Act_of_2005
I know you're incredibly obtuse, but if you can't understand the distinction between a law that would have prohibited burning or otherwise destroying and damaging the US flag with the primary purpose of intimidation or inciting immediate violence and an unconstitutional blanket prohibition on flag burning, then you are truly helpless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island