Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 09:37 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I never said he was a victim but he's already arrested and his name is in the papers. He's already being shamed. What did he do that was so horrible? There are a lot worse crimes happening all over the island every day. What makes this one so unique?
Well if he was not caught & his residences were not raided while he was locked up they would never have found all the weapons he had. Then we might have seen another Mass School shooting. And don't try to say I am being dramatic! Things are very tense in the world right now. And they were bad enough already before this election was decided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 09:52 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,258 times
Good chance he's neither illegal or an immigrant. Great thread!!!

Old 11-14-2016, 09:54 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Well if he was not caught & his residences were not raided while he was locked up they would never have found all the weapons he had. Then we might have seen another Mass School shooting. And don't try to say I am being dramatic! Things are very tense in the world right now. And they were bad enough already before this election was decided.
I can't read the newsday article because I'm not a subscriber but every other article about him states that got arrested for spray painting graffiti and had some weed and a stolen pin on him:
In his possession were several sets of keys belonging to the facility, a “Dragon Fly” jewelry pin that belonged to a building employee and a small amount of Marihuana.

Post the entire article about his house being raided and he had weapons.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:59 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
I never said he was a victim but he's already arrested and his name is in the papers. He's already being shamed. What did he do that was so horrible? There are a lot worse crimes happening all over the island every day. What makes this one so unique?
He isn't being shamed. He made a bad decision, was arrested, and like every other miscreant out there has had his name published. Graffiti, B&E, stolen property, drugs. Let me guess - misunderstood valedictorian?

Have you seen this kid's FB page? The weapons he is displaying are -- get this -- illegal in NYC and this young man states he lives in Flushing. Let's back up to the fact that the messages this budding artist left were anti-police. Add that to the fact he has weapons. What's being done is the right thing.

Quote:
This is the Central Scrutinizer
That was Jacob's first confrontation with The Law
Naturally, we were easy on him
One of our friendly counselors gave him
A donut
And told him to stick closer
To church-oriented social activities.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:15 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
He isn't being shamed. He made a bad decision, was arrested, and like every other miscreant out there has had his name published. Graffiti, B&E, stolen property, drugs. Let me guess - misunderstood valedictorian?

Have you seen this kid's FB page? The weapons he is displaying are -- get this -- illegal in NYC and this young man states he lives in Flushing. Let's back up to the fact that the messages this budding artist left were anti-police. Add that to the fact he has weapons. What's being done is the right thing.
I was going by the articles and nothing mentioned anything related to weapons BUT once I checked out his facebook page I saw this punk brandishing a few weapons. OK my opinion changed. I thought it was just some stupid kid that tagged up a few walls and had some weed on him. His FB pages shows him with a couple of assault rifles. I just saw the first page but one pick shows him with an AK 47? That's pretty serious.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:23 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
I was going by the articles and nothing mentioned anything related to weapons BUT once I checked out his facebook page I saw this punk brandishing a few weapons. OK my opinion changed. I thought it was just some stupid kid that tagged up a few walls and had some weed on him. His FB pages shows him with a couple of assault rifles. I just saw the first page but one pick shows him with an AK 47? That's pretty serious.
I understand. Having seen what we both saw on FB, I would think the police took that into account, too. Even his Instagram profile photo shows him with a weapon.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:33 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
I bet both of you would feel a lot different if it was your house that was tagged with strap paint and you had to incur the expense and time to have it removed and re-painted.

While people of all races engage in graffiti, it seems to me to primarily be Hispanics and their culture that finds it acceptable for their youth to disrespect and destroy other peoples property. I consider it a failure and reflection on their parents for not instilling enough proper values in them at a younger age and continuing with those values.

Then these types of people wonder why (and cry) that there is white flight as their own neighborhoods become ghettos.

Whats the old saying you can't fix stupid!
Why would I feel different? He's an 18 year old who did some stupid s**t let what happens happen's. Thinking back to my youth I wonder who was doing the vandalizing then seeing we didn't have a Hispanic population?

Old 11-14-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I can't read the newsday article because I'm not a subscriber but every other article about him states that got arrested for spray painting graffiti and had some weed and a stolen pin on him:
In his possession were several sets of keys belonging to the facility, a “Dragon Fly” jewelry pin that belonged to a building employee and a small amount of Marihuana.

Post the entire article about his house being raided and he had weapons.
No media is really following this story! That's the problem. They are not following up. But there is way more to this story than is in the articles. Honestly it is all still kind of "breaking". He had TONS of weapons seized. That has not been reported yet. We were just told his guns were secured a few hours ago. When I have something to post...I most certainly will. But News12 seems to not want to pick up this & that other story yet. Guess they are hooked on politics for now! I spoke to 3 reporters they have their hands tied. The news manager decided what gets aired not them. And right now politics is front news. The protesting (well RIOTS at this point) are all they want to talk about.

And why did he steal these District Keys? He had to have needed then to do something. He dropped out of Mepham HS several yrs ago. He does not attend school at all. He is only interested in the school for some BAD reason. But the CBS article says the same if not more than Newsday does. That is normal though Newsday sucks!

Old 11-14-2016, 10:39 AM

684 posts, read 514,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why would I feel different? He's an 18 year old who did some stupid s**t let what happens happen's. Thinking back to my youth I wonder who was doing the vandalizing then seeing we didn't have a Hispanic population?
Yea this little angel is posting images of guns and gangs on his facebook and engaging in criminal activity and you're giving him a pass because he is a kid and we all did stupid stuff as kids. While I did a few stupid things in my youth like sneaking on a golf course to play golf I don't remember brandishing weapons with gang members, committing crimes, and defacing other peoples property with no remorse.

At 18 I was working hard to go to school and working 2 jobs to earn money so I could have gas in my car and do things with my Church group.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Good chance he's neither illegal or an immigrant. Great thread!!!
So far the have said he is not an Illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island