Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 10:44 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,811 times

Advertisements

Funny how now that the elections are over & Trump won that News12 finally decided to do a 4 part in-depth series about the gang problem on LI. Like it has not been an issue all these years. Such bias in their reporting over the elections. But then again it was a media circus on every network.

January can't come soon enough. Yeah we all know who Loves him & why. And yeah. We all know who Hates him & why. But this platform alone about Immigration is what made him win the way he did! Glad most people realized what had to be done for our country. Even with the lies & lousy reporting trying to get HIS supporters to vote for HER. Well even with all that. He still WON. That says a lot about our country. We are sick of it & want illegals out of here. Especially first & foremost the Criminal ones. If you are here illegally & committing ANY crimes you will be out of here shortly. Bet crime done by illegal will go down a lot now! As for this Anchor Baby crap. Hope that stops right away too.

I just helped a friend fill out the forms for her to have NYS pay her Monthly Medicare premium & apply for Medicaid. As she has reached the time in her life that she needs it. What I saw in the papers DISGUSTED me! It clearly said if you are pregnant you do not have to prove any legal immigration status at all.Or give them anything about your income.Pretty much don't ahve to tell them anything at all! As a matter of fact the process for an Illegal Immigrant that is pregnant is pretty simple! Easier than I really thought it was. But as for my friend. Nope! She has to prove EVERYTHING! And they ask for every little freaking thing! So to just hand these benefits to Illegal Immigrants is a disgrace to our country. No wonder the are so mad about the Election results!

We have been a laughing stock for a long enough time!

Hope LI can get Great Again. But even if we win the war on the gang/drugs & illegal immigrant problem. LI will still have all its other problems anyway. But it's a step in the right direction. Just glad that liar lost. We are very lucky we dodged that bullet. Anyone not OK with that must hate this news report as they want this problem to continue. Which not only would it have continued. It would have gotten far worse.

Gangs on Long Island: Nassau, Suffolk police track MS-13 gang | News 12 Long Island

Last edited by loribell38; 11-16-2016 at 10:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 11:08 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,158,205 times
Don't have Optimum and don't subscribe to Snoozeday, so I can't read the full article. Any other way to get access?

Old 11-17-2016, 06:56 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,161,099 times
I have no problem deporting any person who is here illegally AND is a criminal. Period.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:22 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
I have no problem deporting any person who is here illegally AND is a criminal. Period.
Obama did a great job with this. Over 2.5 million during his presidency.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:23 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
I have no problem deporting anybody.
Legal or not.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:35 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
I think JohninWestbury got access to someone's city-data password.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:30 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,067,789 times
There's been a gang issue on LI for at least a decade, probably longer. The lack of reporting was due to covering the Presidential election. Now that it's over, news channels go back to covering local issues.

Also, 0 problems with deporting gang members that are here illegally. Too bad there isn't a way to deport the ones that are citizens.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:24 AM

755 posts, read 1,080,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
I just helped a friend fill out the forms for her to have NYS pay her Monthly Medicare premium & apply for Medicaid. As she has reached the time in her life that she needs it. What I saw in the papers DISGUSTED me! It clearly said if you are pregnant you do not have to prove any legal immigration status at all.Or give them anything about your income.Pretty much don't ahve to tell them anything at all! As a matter of fact the process for an Illegal Immigrant that is pregnant is pretty simple! Easier than I really thought it was. But as for my friend. Nope! She has to prove EVERYTHING! And they ask for every little freaking thing! So to just hand these benefits to Illegal Immigrants is a disgrace to our country. No wonder the are so mad about the Election results!
There's businesses out there that take thousands dollars fee from pregnant ladies in China. They get them tourist VISAs to come to NY. When they arrive, they sleep on cots and bunk beds in the illegal SROs. Then these companies help them to apply for free Medicaid. Medicaid pays for the C-Section so that they can give birth before they have to return to China. All these kids are US Citizens.

Philippine co-worker here on a H1 visa has kids with US citizenship. Did the same thing couple years ago.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:05 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
So could I pull the same scam in Ireland or Australia?
Knock up my wife again and have the kid born there?

Old 11-17-2016, 10:40 AM

11 posts, read 12,721 times
Pretty sure the UK/Ireland only offer immediate citizenship through descent.

Otherwise the parent must live there for three years prior to application for citizenship, and in the UK at least, that application has its own requirements such as being able to prove you can support the child yourself.

It's not as simple as being born on a piece of land (although in Ireland, it did used to be).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island