Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 06:25 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,533,786 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a good steakhouse, preferably Mid Suffolk. I've been to a few in SUFFOLK: Pacers's, Oldfields & Tellers. I'm looking for something different. I'll go as far as the Nassau/Suffolk Boarder: Prime?

Please don't suggest the steak place that starts with an "O' or an "J", LOL

Thanks for the suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 07:18 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,043,347 times
Little further than mid-Suffolk but what about Cliff's Elbow Room in Jamesport. No ambiance but the marinated porterhouse user to be very good.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:18 AM

602 posts, read 1,264,637 times
I've had a few good meals at Seven Quarts in Northport recently.
https://sevenquartstavern.com/

Old 01-10-2017, 09:27 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,039,737 times
Vintage Prime in St. James, on North Country Road.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:14 AM

149 posts, read 317,788 times
Prime in Huntington or Blackstone in Melville

Old 01-10-2017, 10:40 AM

20,062 posts, read 20,872,330 times
People need to stop eating meat.
Too much senseless killing of animals.
Have a veggie burger or veggie steak instead.
Poor little piggies and cows. Just minding their own business doing regular animal stuff and then...BLAMM! On the dinner table.
Imagine you're just pumping gas, or shoveling snow or on line buying a 40 and some scratch offs and someone comes up and clobbers you over the head and then hangs you up in their yard, fillets you and puts you on a sesame seed bun with sautéed onions, lettuce, Swiss cheese, and some BBQ blue cheese dressing.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:06 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,533,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Poor little piggies and cows. Just minding their own business doing regular animal stuff and then...BLAMM! On the dinner table.
Imagine you're just pumping gas, or shoveling snow or on line buying a 40 and some scratch offs and someone comes up and clobbers you over the head and then hangs you up in their yard, fillets you and puts you on a sesame seed bun with sautéed onions, lettuce, Swiss cheese, and some BBQ blue cheese dressing.
I'd make a Dam good burger!

Old 01-10-2017, 11:22 AM

106,724 posts, read 108,937,910 times
Quote:

Old 01-10-2017, 11:24 AM

602 posts, read 1,264,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvres View Post
Prime in Huntington or Blackstone in Melville
I liked Prime in Huntington, wasn't impressed by Blackstone. I also liked Chop House in Smithtown, but it has been over a year since I've been there. Seven Quarts is the only one of those four I've made multiple trips to, but I would go to Prime or Chop House again if the situation arose.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:26 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,153,092 times
Quote:
I'd be at least 95% fat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island