Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 10:37 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,827,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
as the deportations begin and our economy is "destroyed" because you may have to pay 50 cents more for produce..
It's a cute talking point but $.50 more for produce won't cover 9% lost GDP
And it won't get the truck driver's, the tractor dealer or the seed mfgs 100 of jobs back. Collateral damage from screaming ninnies chasing brown people. Economic realities be damned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 01:29 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,848,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Ok now we are just going in pointless circles here. For the millionth time you don't know 100% ICE would make that determination, I never said ONCE that you can instantly tell someone's status from sight. But there are certain factors that absolutely make it more likely. You can play make pretend (or the BS "ist" game) all you want and think that there are as many illegal aliens in Garden City as in Brentwood, or the 10 day laborers at Home Depot are all USC's. Be my guest. You continue to live in bizarro land and I'll stay in the real world ok?
What we're talking about here are legal issues. Courts don't handle vagueness well at all. My question was originally asked of the OP who has declined to respond but that hasn't stopped a lot of her supporters from responding with the same lack of specificity.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:03 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,522,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Irish, Italian, Chinese immigrants, some legal, some not.
The vast majority were legal. And as I already said in this thread in fact, immigrants then were encouraged to assimilate, not form hostile voting blocks for the Democratic Party, and there were next to no social services for them to collect, unlike today when the immigrant population uses welfare at a much higher rate than the native population (and it doesn't get better for their kids, unless they're Asian/Indian).

Even with those conditions it still took an entire generation to assimilate them, while the borders were essentially closed for 40 years. My grandmother only spoke Spanish, my mother hasn't spoken it since she was a child, and I only know what I learned in school.

There are other differences between European/Asian immigrants and those from third world hellholes but that's a topic for another thread.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
It's a cute talking point but $.50 more for produce won't cover 9% lost GDP
And it won't get the truck driver's, the tractor dealer or the seed mfgs 100 of jobs back. Collateral damage from screaming ninnies chasing brown people. Economic realities be damned.
Gosh, maybe the economy exists to serve the people instead of the people existing to serve GDP growth. Sure, let's permit an economic race to the bottom like we have for the last 40 years so the 1% can get richer. Not to mention the social costs. Are you a poor family that has to raise kids in an overloaded district where the kids speak 25 different languages and there are race wars in the cafeteria ala Hempstead? Are you a poor black family being targeted for ethnic cleansing by Hispanic gangs ala Compton? Doubt it. Diversity for thee, but not for me.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Gosh, maybe the economy exists to serve the people instead of the people existing to serve GDP growth. Sure, let's permit an economic race to the bottom like we have for the last 40 years so the 1% can get richer. Not to mention the social costs. Are you a poor family that has to raise kids in an overloaded district where the kids speak 25 different languages and there are race wars in the cafeteria ala Hempstead? Are you a poor black family being targeted for ethnic cleansing by Hispanic gangs ala Compton? Doubt it. Diversity for thee, but not for me.
You voted for the 1%, not me.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
You voted for the 1%, not me.
lol you actually believe this? The Democrats have become the party of Wall Street, the globalist elites, Hollywood, the mainstream media, foreigners, oligarchs, neocons, sinecured academics, pundits, even the friggen CIA. Not that the mainstream GOP is much better, but Trump is neither. He pisses off all the right people.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:30 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,733,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
There's LOTS of white Americans living in illegal apartments ALL over Long Island. Just because the apartment is illegal, doesn't mean the residents are.
How many legal citizens or legal aliens live 20 to a house?

Moving beyond the residents citizenship, these illegally subdivided rentals create a very real hazard to the lives and well being of our firefighers. Have you forgotten Black Sunday?

Old 02-22-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
lol you actually believe this? The Democrats have become the party of Wall Street, the globalist elites, Hollywood, the mainstream media, foreigners, oligarchs, neocons, sinecured academics, pundits, even the friggen CIA. Not that the mainstream GOP is much better, but Trump is neither. He pisses off all the right people.
I didn't vote for either.

Last edited by monstermagnet; 02-22-2017 at 06:43 PM..

Old 02-23-2017, 06:07 AM

Dust off those resumes.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:34 PM

190 posts, read 152,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
How many legal citizens or legal aliens live 20 to a house?

Moving beyond the residents citizenship, these illegally subdivided rentals create a very real hazard to the lives and well being of our firefighers. Have you forgotten Black Sunday?
ok then you are reporting facts to the police, which though I think is petty, I can't argue with. But reporting that you suspect people are illegal based solely on the number of people living in the home and their license plate is clear racial profiling. It's like pulling over a black man because he has dreads and is smoking a cigar. But some people can't see their own prejudice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island