Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 06:51 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,080 times

Advertisements

I like the selective accounting. When it's Mexicans there's millions more we can't count or census doesn't know about or are apparitions. With gays, we can somehow drill it in at 3.8%!! What a hoot.

Reporting as gay/bi/etc: 3.8%
Actually gay/bi/etc: many, many % more than that!

Not that it matters. OP's real feelings are pretty evident. I don't understand the debate. Live wherever you want. You absolutely want your kids in private school based on your concerns. Just be aware, heroin doesn't discriminate by religious studies or lack of homosexuals...and lately, not by how much tax you pay or what your home is worth either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 07:46 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,795,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allnotes2 View Post
Are there any conservative public schools in Nassau, without any LGBTQ clubs?
Your school of choice will not have LGBTQ clubs, however the student population will have some gay/trans children. The difference being they'll be shunned and secretive at the old timey values school.

No, I'm not gay, merely realistic.

FWIW, if I were moving to a rural area and had a child attending the public schools, I'd be alarmed at the thought of sending him/her to a district that teaches the bible and junk science like intelligent design and that the earth is 6,000 years old. The US is falling behind in science, and our international rivals don't teach that nonsense. I'd be looking for a quality, private edu for them.

If I were the OP I would send the kids to a NC public school. They can get a first rate education here, and I'm sure you've noticed you pay a lot for that. Your kids can avoid the clubs you don't approve of, and ultimately their values come from what you teach at home.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:43 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
I didn't realize the tranny population was so large.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:53 AM

602 posts, read 1,263,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
The gay population is less than 3% of the total and heavily concentrated in certain areas, I'd say it's entirely possible unless you live in the west village.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I didn't realize the tranny population was so large.
I didn't realize that gay children tended to move to the west village.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:31 PM

304 posts, read 160,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post

Not that it matters. OP's real feelings are pretty evident. I don't understand the debate. Live wherever you want. You absolutely want your kids in private school based on your concerns. Just be aware, heroin doesn't discriminate by religious studies or lack of homosexuals...and lately, not by how much tax you pay or what your home is worth either.

you are 100% on point...hell 1000%.

I went to a Kellenberg (bleh! hated it), and despite what the claims are the following ring true:

There were plenty of gay kids in the school, they might not of been flamboyant or were "out and proud" but they were gay and admitted it..not to teachers/admin of course..truthfully most of those schools follow the don't ask don't tell policy

if the OP is looking for something drug-free...excuse me while I laugh myself to death because drugs..especially heroin is becoming a big problem on long island..public private school doesn't matter

Going to a religious based school will not make you conservative with "old fashioned values" Me and my brother, 2 of my best friends went to catholic schools (different schools but religious based none the less) and while we are all political moderates voting for both parties we are all registered democrat.

oddly enough most of my more conservative friends went to public school go figure

Not to be a d*ck but YOU ARE THE PARENT not the school, it doesn't matter what the heck school your child goes to

Old 04-11-2017, 02:41 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,653,739 times
St. Dominic High School in Oyster Bay always had a very conservative reputation.
They did have a scandal with a priest in the 1970s who was found to be a pedophile, back in the 70s.
I went to Locust Valley and every one I knew who went to St. Dominic was a conservative, traditional jock.

There is also Chaminade in Mineola, Grace Christian in Merrick.

Not sure how conservative Long Island Lutheran HS is these days, but they were founded by the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, which is the conservative branch of the Lutheran church.

I briefly taught at Our Savior New American School in Centereach, but that might be too far for the OP. Ultra conservative.

Last edited by SoulJourn; 04-11-2017 at 02:50 PM..

Old 04-11-2017, 04:50 PM

20,926 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Are we really that closed minded??? BTW I have no problem with anyone being gay or being around them. why is being gay such a problem for some people??

Old 04-11-2017, 05:53 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Are we really that closed minded??? BTW I have no problem with anyone being gay or being around them. why is being gay such a problem for some people??
Because they are obnoxious, mean, and snarky. And they think just because they are gay they have a better sense of style and fashion. I have a much better sense of style, fashion, and design than most gays. So there.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:56 PM

20,926 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Because they are obnoxious, mean, and snarky. And they think just because they are gay they have a better sense of style and fashion. I have a much better sense of style, fashion, and design than most gays. So there.
And what would your sense of style be??

Old 04-11-2017, 07:04 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I have a live and let live and non judgmental attitude about people in general. I now live in a very gay area of De. While I can not being to "understand" the gay lifestyle, many of them can't "understand" that I am married to a man. Now my community is approximately 65/35 straight/gay and they are just as much my neighbors as the straight couples are and in some cases even better neighbors. This, too, is no different than life on LI ,some neighbors are better than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island