Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 06:46 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times

Advertisements

And this is why women have cheaper car insurance.
#maledriverdiscrimination
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 08:37 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
haha yup thought female first thing too.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:45 AM

400 posts, read 761,748 times
I think its wonderful that you noticed this police officer for doing a good deed. The sad thing is that this is what they are supposed to do. When I was younger, police would help you out, it was what they did. If you were drunk, they got you home and made sure you were safe. That you highlighted this incident is just another indication of far the police have strayed from actually protecting the public.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:09 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinx View Post

It was a bit more than yelling; If she was black she would have been dead!

When we made the report to the investigative unit, the investigating officer "Changed my step daughters statement!" to cover up this issue. She wrote out and signed the complaint; but the investigator typed in material changes to the report.

I suggested that she "correct the record" but she was too shaken up to stand up for herself. FEAR

There was no lawsuit because there was no injury... The problem with that logic is that if a Nassau County policeman kills you what good is a lawsuit. The State Police are far more professional, far better trained, much more vetted, and far less costly. Some municipalities have replace these local fiefdoms of police departments with State coverage. .

The police Union is one of the reasons we also have bad politicians; there is a quid pro quo going on.

The fact that many of you guys are tools; well that is ok attitude is why you are being raped by Nassau County. The ass rheaming you are getting in Nassau is ok; $14,000 taxes well that is ok, depreciated infrastructure that is ok, corrupt politicians that is ok. Have a spine.
She would have been dead? Yeah ok. Sounds to me it was just as likely your stepdaughter was probably in the wrong and chose to blame the cop who yelled at her for her misdeed instead. Happens all the time. Forgive me if I don't take your word for it with your crazy hyperbole. I know in your mind it's just one big police conspiracy against you.

Old 04-06-2017, 02:59 PM

280 posts, read 286,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
She would have been dead? Yeah ok. Sounds to me it was just as likely your stepdaughter was probably in the wrong and chose to blame the cop who yelled at her for her misdeed instead. Happens all the time. Forgive me if I don't take your word for it with your crazy hyperbole. I know in your mind it's just one big police conspiracy against you.
The less you deal with Nassau County Police (or police in general) the better you will be.. You have NO idea who you will be dealing with.

BTW "shouting" by a police officer because he is having road rage it is not only unprofessional but it is dangerous. The supervising officer at the time said the officer in question was having a bad day. My response was that a cop prone to road rage should be fired or behind a desk.

If you think her experience is isolated It is not!. My relative who is a "federal agent" got stopped on Atlantic Avenue if it was not for his badge he would have been cooked. He let the Nassau County Cop go beserk and then he flashed his badge.

You are dealing with a gang when you deal with Nassau cops. The tone of Mangano and all the sum of decades of corruption flow into the Nassau PD. There are cheaper, more accountable, and more affordable cops that Nassau could use, that is NY State Troopers.

Do you think your Nassau police are worth $200,000 a year! http://data.newsday.com/long-island/...lice-salaries/ when a more professional State Trooper will do the same job for a fraction of the cost. If you own/bought real estate in Nassau you are going to be paying these thugs in perpetuity.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:57 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
I have no pony in this ring. I don't have family members who are cops but I do have a few friends that were on the NCPD. Fir me, I would never want to have a family member a cop. I tis bad enough thinking about the idiots out there and what they do on the streets, let along what they do and have done to police.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:55 PM

5,057 posts, read 3,957,808 times
I'm of the same view as the above post. No family members who are police officers. I personally would not consider a job where you have to go towards danger. I prefer to go in the opposite direction (now).

Have to admit I've never had a bad interaction with a police officer - and that is with over 30 years of driving here on Long Island.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:17 AM

93 posts, read 139,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Very nice. Am I correct in guessing you are female?
Not at all, a man; that's one of the reasons that impressed me!!

Old 03-31-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incivism View Post
would be funny if his sergeant were reading this and wondering why he was at captree when he was supposed to be somewhere else. no good deed...
Sorry, I wasn't thinking that he was a Parks Police officer, he was still a gentleman of a cop.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummymumma View Post
I think its wonderful that you noticed this police officer for doing a good deed. The sad thing is that this is what they are supposed to do. When I was younger, police would help you out, it was what they did. If you were drunk, they got you home and made sure you were safe. That you highlighted this incident is just another indication of far the police have strayed from actually protecting the public.
That was then, you wouldn't be talking like that if you lost a member of your family by a drunk driver. The cars, the population wasn't as high as today; I also apologize for failing to indicate that he was a Parks Police officer, and mistaken Captree for nassau county. I know there will always be bashers and negativity toward my comments; but that's great, that's what makes the forum interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: