Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 07:00 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimehomebuyer23 View Post
Also, my apologies for coming off as badgering, but are you saying that the worst part of HS is right next to the development? If so are we talking about a few streets over or a greater distance? Its hard to find crime maps.
No, you'd be looking at Depot Rd for the worst area.

TBH, you didn't ask so I didn't bring it up, but I agree with the others, if you're spending that kind of money I'd rather look into CSH or even the Salem Ridge area of Greenlawn. Just MHO. Most new construction on LI has location issues IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 09:50 AM

42 posts, read 70,043 times
Thank you twingles, will definitely check it out. I see there is a bunch of new construction in syosset so we will be touring those areas as well. I cant imagine home values decreasing if we are away from the train in Syosset School district, so we can always move to a new home in the future and keep our kids in the same district.

Thank you again everyone!

Old 06-30-2017, 10:25 AM

5 posts, read 7,655 times
Agreed that the location is not the best. The developer is going all out to cash in on the Harborfields school district reputation. He even named the development after it! (Probably a smart tactic). IMHO the location is not good mainly because it's wedged in between Pulaski and the LIRR, and it is right on the train tracks (those diesel trains make a lot of noise and the ground shakes when they go by). It wouldn't thrill me either that Huntington Station is right next door, although, as others have said, there seems to be no or very little spill-over in terms of HS foot traffic coming nearby. If I had a million to put down and I wanted to be in Harborfields, I would never consider this development. I would second the person who said to look in Salem Ridge, or I would think about the small Arbutus section of Greenlawn, or the Vanderbilt peninsula in Centerport. Bear in mind, though, that a million in those areas would not get you a large and updated house. You would have to sacrifice some square footage, amenities, lot size, etc. You could buy something a little smaller and outdated and put several hundred thousand into it, and bring it up to a million in value. I for one would not hesitate to go that route.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:50 AM

215 posts, read 248,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm3846 View Post
I can't believe they're shoving those giant houses on 1/2 acre plots there.
Me either. It is a large section of land, but I doesn't seem possible they can fit 50 half-acre lots in there. Not to mention the ones that are up already aren't exactly easy on the eyes either... For whatever reason they don't look as nice IRL as they do on the website.

But besides being sandwiched between Pulaski and the tracks, drive about a mile-and-a-half west on Pulaski and you are pretty much in the heart of one of the worst sections of Huntington Station...

Old 07-05-2017, 08:46 AM

158 posts, read 189,385 times
I don't think safety/crime will be an issue there more or less than anywhere else in the district. noise from the train...that's gonna be brutal.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:23 PM

7 posts, read 4,024 times
Talking jealousy is the ugliest trait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm3846 View Post
I can't believe they're shoving those giant houses on 1/2 acre plots there. The location sucks. Go to CSH.
jealousy's the ugliest trait”.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:33 PM

Post drive anywhere on Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1174Sixer View Post
Me either. It is a large section of land, but I doesn't seem possible they can fit 50 half-acre lots in there. Not to mention the ones that are up already aren't exactly easy on the eyes either... For whatever reason they don't look as nice IRL as they do on the website.

But besides being sandwiched between Pulaski and the tracks, drive about a mile-and-a-half west on Pulaski and you are pretty much in the heart of one of the worst sections of Huntington Station...
drive anywhere on Long Island a mile-and-a-half and you are pretty much in the heart of one of the worst sections of Long island. Lets explore , we got Wyndanch /Brentwood / central Islip.
There's Stony Brook / Islandia /Ronkonkoma . I haven't touched the south shore yet, check crime maps for L.I. for not fake news. The only place that is safe is inside Billy Joel's house.

Old 11-12-2018, 06:59 PM

79 posts, read 104,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Alpha View Post
Quote:
drive anywhere on Long Island a mile-and-a-half and you are pretty much in the heart of one of the worst sections of Long island. Lets explore , we got Wyndanch /Brentwood / central Islip.
There's Stony Brook / Islandia /Ronkonkoma . I haven't touched the south shore yet, check crime maps for L.I. for not fake news. The only place that is safe is inside Billy Joel's house.

lol sounds like you live there bringing up this 1.5 year old thread. Trying to make yourself feel better? Yikes...

Old 11-13-2018, 01:54 PM

345 posts, read 338,839 times
Quote:
LOL

I happily live an hour east without a train running through my backyard.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:32 PM

So you admit not having a full set of teeth,enjoy the Shoreham Nuclear plant! I moved out of L.I. last year pay 1/4 the taxes.
I will miss:
- The jerkwads that drive on the LIE @100 MPH.
- the insanely amount of (adult=children) that live with their parents past 30 and act as a toddler.
- The tick population
- Overweight humans in bathing suits @ splish splash
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island