Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2017, 10:48 AM

323 posts, read 941,618 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be moving to LI for a job in Hauppauge at the end of the month. I still haven't secured a place to live yet and frankly I don't want sign a lease on someplace that's sight unseen. So I'll be doing an airbnb until I find something. Anyway, that's beside the point. I'm just saying that up front because what I'm going to need to do is rent a storage space and pay to have someone help unload my U-haul.

Although I don't know exactly where I want to be yet I'm inclined to just rent storage in Hauppauge because that's where my job is. I could end up in Huntington or Patchhauge for all I know, but at least it's central enough and near work.

So here's my questions:

Can anyone recommend a storage facility in or near Hauppauge?

Can anyone recommend movers in or near Hauppauge?

I'd be looking to have them help unload a U-Haul into storage.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 10:50 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,260,071 times
Extra Space Storage on Old Willets Path has good ratings. Also one on Express Dr in Islandia.

Usually they can recommend movers, or you can arrange when you reserve the U-Haul.

Reminder that when you drive onto LI with a trailer or truck you have to stick to expressways, not parkways...

Old 12-18-2017, 08:25 PM

2,202 posts, read 4,331,067 times
At the corner of 347 (Smithtown Bypass) & Southern Blvd is a large Public Storage facility (two, actually) and there's a large(r) U-Haul facility across the street (and a gas station...to refill the U-Haul truck on the other corner). Can't get more convenient than that.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:20 AM

323 posts, read 941,618 times
Thanks! Appreciate the suggestions.

I ended up going with a pods.com shipping container as the cost break down made it practical, but there's a good chance I will have to hire a mover in the end when I decide to unload the container. I'm not ruling out just having it unloaded into a regular storage facility too. Especially if I end up in a house share situation with a furnished room and apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island