Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 11:31 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,190,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemadame View Post
...There is no part of NHP that is in Queens unless something changed since I moved away 4 years ago after growing up there for 20 years. You're thinking of Floral Park, right next door. It is partially Nassau/Queens. There are some homes in the Great Neck School District in NHP, but none in Queens. Who knows, maybe utilities are different there...? I highly doubt it though. You don't get to pick and choose your water, electricity, or gas providers.
There is a small area in Queens generally referred to as part of New Hyde Park with the same zip code

Geography
"New Hyde Park is located at 40°43′56″N 73°41′05″W.[6]

According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.8 square miles (2.1 km2), all of it being land.

The incorporated Village of New Hyde Park lies both in the Town of Hempstead and the Town of North Hempstead in Nassau County, with Jericho Turnpike being the border between the two. Unincorporated areas of New Hyde Park lie in the Town of North Hempstead in Nassau County with small portions located in Queens County.

Referred to by residents as New Hyde Park, the census-designated place (CDP) of North New Hyde Park also lies in the Town of North Hempstead, with small areas crossing over the county border into Queens. It also uses the New Hyde Park postal code, 11040."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 06:34 AM

4,210 posts, read 4,106,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemadame View Post
...There is no part of NHP that is in Queens unless something changed since I moved away 4 years ago after growing up there for 20 years. You're thinking of Floral Park, right next door. It is partially Nassau/Queens. There are some homes in the Great Neck School District in NHP, but none in Queens. Who knows, maybe utilities are different there...? I highly doubt it though. You don't get to pick and choose your water, electricity, or gas providers.
I love people who definitively make a correction about something and couldn't be more wrong. Like you for example. I can understand people not knowing about the portion of NHP in Queens but then don't embarrass yourself by saying you know it doesn't exist. I've lived in NHP Queens for decades.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:39 AM

19,281 posts, read 17,164,284 times
If Walter was still with us he would be providing maps for everything from municipal boundaries to the route of the Good Humor Man preventing this kind of confusion..

Old 08-08-2018, 09:30 AM

11,658 posts, read 12,744,641 times
I always thought that LIJ was located in New Hyde Park, but in Queens. At least that was the mailing address.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:31 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,548,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I love people who definitively make a correction about something and couldn't be more wrong. Like you for example. I can understand people not knowing about the portion of NHP in Queens but then don't embarrass yourself by saying you know it doesn't exist. I've lived in NHP Queens for decades.

I grew up in a part of Queens right at the NHP border on 80th ave and Langdale.

Our address was NHP even though it was Queens (I think its considered Glen Oaks Queens, but everyone in the area called it NHP).

So count me as another guy who has lived in NHP Queens.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:55 PM

3,537 posts, read 5,727,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I always thought that LIJ was located in New Hyde Park, but in Queens. At least that was the mailing address.

LIJ has a NHP address but is physically in Queens County and in the City of New York

Old 08-08-2018, 01:33 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,106,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
I grew up in a part of Queens right at the NHP border on 80th ave and Langdale.

Our address was NHP even though it was Queens (I think its considered Glen Oaks Queens, but everyone in the area called it NHP).

So count me as another guy who has lived in NHP Queens.
So you lived near the intersection with the mailbox and the traffic light that was installed about 20-25 years ago. I know it well. It's not Glen Oaks, its New Hyde Park for all purposes. What years were you there?

Old 08-08-2018, 07:54 PM

39 posts, read 27,946 times
Glen Oaks

Old 08-08-2018, 09:46 PM

27 posts, read 25,979 times
How about blue rock energy for gas anyone use them?

Old 08-08-2018, 10:34 PM

11,658 posts, read 12,744,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
LIJ has a NHP address but is physically in Queens County and in the City of New York
That's exactly what I said. Thanks for the confirmation. My kid was born in LIJ, which had a NHP address, but the birth certificate is from NYC, not Nassau County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island