Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 10:42 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Well to be fair, how would they know? They get a job to do. They do it. Then a DIFFERENT crew, and or crews come along to remove the pole.
It's amazing to me it works that way. You're in IT right? We get projects but we're aware of how things work once out of our hands or how long it generally takes based on previous experiences. It's sad that workers don't care about the end-user's plight and would just say I don't know - they are working directly in front of his house. Tell me it's not just a union or blue-collar worker thing. The OP wants to know how long these guys will be working on it too, not just the pole removal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 314 times
It's not like the crew that is putting the poles in "knows when the entire project will be done" and out of spite they decide let's tell every one that asks us that we don't know. The fact is they really do not know when it will be done!
PSEG is a huge bureacratic company with a lot of different departments that are coordinating to get the project done. The company TELLS them to not give general or specific timelines to the general public because if they tell you it will be done in 3 months and it takes 6 months - now you get to complain that they lied to you about the timeline. And god help the guy putting the pole in that told you 3 months it will be done and you give PSEG there name - the guy will get written up for telling you that as it is not his job to tell you that - they train them to not say things like that. Hence they are better off telling you that they don't know.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:21 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,408,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
It's amazing to me it works that way. You're in IT right? We get projects but we're aware of how things work once out of our hands or how long it generally takes based on previous experiences. It's sad that workers don't care about the end-user's plight and would just say I don't know - they are working directly in front of his house. Tell me it's not just a union or blue-collar worker thing. The OP wants to know how long these guys will be working on it too, not just the pole removal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickus View Post
It's not like the crew that is putting the poles in "knows when the entire project will be done" and out of spite they decide let's tell every one that asks us that we don't know. The fact is they really do not know when it will be done!
PSEG is a huge bureacratic company with a lot of different departments that are coordinating to get the project done. The company TELLS them to not give general or specific timelines to the general public because if they tell you it will be done in 3 months and it takes 6 months - now you get to complain that they lied to you about the timeline. And god help the guy putting the pole in that told you 3 months it will be done and you give PSEG there name - the guy will get written up for telling you that as it is not his job to tell you that - they train them to not say things like that. Hence they are better off telling you that they don't know.
Exactly

Old 04-05-2019, 07:07 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,632 times
I’m curious to know why this is even an issue. That pole was there before the OP most likely, not on his property.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:06 AM

87 posts, read 99,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
I’m curious to know why this is even an issue. That pole was there before the OP most likely, not on his property.
Never said it was an issue but I wanted more information about a second pole right next to another pole. I did do more research and found out it’s FEMA money.
Not sure where you live but my town looks horrible with double poles installed and not much progress being made. I was just wondering what the process was and wanted to see if anyone knew more information than I had or was able to google.

I was not complaining about a single pole or even trucks coming and blocking my driveway.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:30 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,632 times
Where I grew up, they installed steel poles 200 ft in the air. There were many complaints. I think any infrastructure upgrades should be welcomed.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:00 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
Install basketball hoops on the abandoned poles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island