Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 07:18 PM

7 posts, read 9,557 times

Advertisements

Hi all! We've just gone into contract on a home in a neighborhood in Holbrook (off of Lincoln & Church). We have a young child, so we would like to know thoughts on this area...a good area? Safe area? Good schools? We are somewhat unfamiliar with the area. The school is Sachem North. The area looks nice. I love that the neighborhood has sidewalks, and seems to be full of young families, but I would greatly appreciate anyone's knowledge on the area. I did notice a trailer park on Lincoln with an opening to it that goes into the neighborhood. Should this be a concern? Anyone familiar with this trailer park? Thank you in advance😊
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 07:50 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
OMG! That area is loaded with sex offenders and meth-heads!

Kidding. It's nice.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:48 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissychris1222 View Post
Hi all! We've just gone into contract on a home in a neighborhood in Holbrook (off of Lincoln & Church). We have a young child, so we would like to know thoughts on this area...a good area? Safe area? Good schools? We are somewhat unfamiliar with the area. The school is Sachem North. The area looks nice. I love that the neighborhood has sidewalks, and seems to be full of young families, but I would greatly appreciate anyone's knowledge on the area. I did notice a trailer park on Lincoln with an opening to it that goes into the neighborhood. Should this be a concern? Anyone familiar with this trailer park? Thank you in advance��
I worked in neighboring Bohemia, that intersection was the dividing line for our post office. My biggest concern would be commercial traffic in the general area. I don't know the trailer park on the Holbrook side, but the two off Church in Bohemia were relatively quiet, however there was usually 1-2 cars per trailer. If that's the case with the Holbrook park, you might see park-related traffic on Coates at peak commute times.

My biggest concern would be that the neighborhood is directly in line with one of the ISP runways. While it is currently an underused airport, there have been rumblings about bringing in more international air traffic. Nothing set in stone as of now.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:53 PM

Thank you soo much for your info!!

Old 06-19-2019, 04:10 AM

731 posts, read 725,077 times
Great neighborhood...light at Vets and Lincoln sucks.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:13 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Holbrook is nicely situated in between Patchogue and Ronkonkoma, two areas that have seen or are prime for development. Best part of Holbrook is further east, which is a little further from the airport, and closer to the golf course.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:55 PM

12 posts, read 13,548 times
The area isn't bad and the schools are good. It has waned some but be aware that Holbrook has recently held the title of highest opioid OD rate in NYS. The trailer parks on Church are definitely nicer but there aren't that many problems at either. Lot's of industry in the church st/Lincoln av/rt27/Vet's areas for employment but also bring traffic at all hours. An average, middle class, LI area.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:13 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat11784 View Post
The area isn't bad and the schools are good. It has waned some but be aware that Holbrook has recently held the title of highest opioid OD rate in NYS. The trailer parks on Church are definitely nicer but there aren't that many problems at either. Lot's of industry in the church st/Lincoln av/rt27/Vet's areas for employment but also bring traffic at all hours. An average, middle class, LI area.
I find it hard to believe that Holbrook has the highest drug overdose rate in NYS.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:03 PM

Thank you for all of the information provided!! And I could not find any information online for Holbrook recently holding the title for highest Opioid OD rate in NYS. But I do imagine drugs to be an issue in alot of schools.Thank you everyone.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:31 AM

3,520 posts, read 5,703,695 times
It's fine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: