Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 09:01 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,632 times

Advertisements

Nursing home deaths happened all over the world. Can you people please stop grasping for straw men!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 09:27 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Let's face it under the tutelage of DeBlobio and Cuomo the city and state have suffered. I am not a single party believer, but this is like the blind leading the blind. The combined policies these two idiots came up with have yielded such an insane amount of turmoil it is going to be a legacy for both that will be hard to duplicate, thankfully.
New York State is in pretty good shape because of our policy compared to all the states that reopened recklessly
But here you are complaining about setting policy that follows the scientific guidance. These restaurants knew the rules I have no sympathy.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:50 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
New York State is in pretty good shape because of our policy compared to all the states that reopened recklessly
But here you are complaining about setting policy that follows the scientific guidance. These restaurants knew the rules I have no sympathy.
Please tell me where I stated that I am complaining about the Covid policy you are speaking about. The only criticism I specifically aimed at that policy was the release of Covid patients to the nursing homes which by any intelligent persons standards made no sense at all.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:12 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,772,573 times
Pffft. I'm sure the arrested business owners will get a warning and rebuke, pay a fine, and be sent along the way. They can thank the Eighth Amendment for protecting them. In other countries, social distancing during this pandemic is an enforceable mandate and violators can be subject to far worse punishments than this country will ever mete out. That is how their curves have been flattened like pancakes and ours (the national one) isn't. Cuomo is just doing what is best that's all.

Old 07-12-2020, 01:39 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,843,194 times
Quote:
Please tell me where I stated that I am complaining about the Covid policy you are speaking about. The only criticism I specifically aimed at that policy was the release of Covid patients to the nursing homes which by any intelligent persons standards made no sense at all.

The nursing homes were required to isolate any such patients and take advanced infection control measures for their staffs and facilities. Their failure to do so cannot be blamed anywhere but on themselves.

Old 07-12-2020, 02:14 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:

This has nothing to do with nursing homes but since you worked that in again NY had one of the lowest percentages of deaths. You said we suffered under Cuomo, did you read the title of the thread. The states that are suffering are FL, AZ, CA and Tx, we are faring quite well at this point because our state follows the science.

Old 07-12-2020, 02:21 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
The nursing homes were required to isolate any such patients and take advanced infection control measures for their staffs and facilities. Their failure to do so cannot be blamed anywhere but on themselves.
Oh OK that explains it.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:02 PM

718 posts, read 620,595 times
Hammer those morons that own those restaurants. All they care about is the bottom line making money. They could care less if 100's of drunk morons spread covid all over the planet.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:04 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,265,288 times
Who the f voted for this POS cuomo

Old 07-16-2020, 03:05 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,265,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
Hammer those morons that own those restaurants. All they care about is the bottom line making money. They could care less if 100's of drunk morons spread covid all over the planet.
U gonna like your taxes going up. Oh let me guess your not a property owner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island