Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 04:26 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,898,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
I've only been on C-D for 1-1/2 years. Hence why you hadn't heard from me the last 5 years. But I do disagree with where you are placing the blame for dividing this nation.

Appeasing the mentally ill, you say? That's what I was trying to do with my futile kumbaya post. For a moment, I forgot that TDS is a mental illness. Your obsession with these people at the train station may just be a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Carry on.
What do you think the cause for division in this country is? Do you think Trumps behavior since 2008 has brought this country together?

Your kumbaya post was weird because you’re a staunch defender of pathetic pathological liar that steps on everyone around him that disagrees with him. Also you give zero credence to a civil rights movement and focus on a couple of nights of violence as opposed to mostly civil protests.

Be better!

Old 12-29-2020, 04:56 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,836,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Interesting. You ask "who am I to tell" anyone not to do something, while in the very same post you tell me what I should "stop commenting with". Lack of self-awareness, or just plain proud hypocrit?

Fine with me if you want to spend your time worrying about a handful of folks standing around a parking lot. It seems so unproductive, fish-wifey, and not the most intellectual of pursuits, but you go ahead and watch them and criticize them for their idiotic behavior. It really exhibits how much better you are than them!
Ugh, you're just too evolved for me. Yawn. At least those dolts are funny, even if by accident.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:40 PM

5,300 posts, read 4,802,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Their supporters are honking, and it can startle another driver and send them careening into another vehicle flipping it end over end resting at the base of a telephone pole, which in turn collapses and entraps a family of 3 with a 2 year old in the rear. Firefighters and a life flight must then deploy risking more people's lives as they make their way to the scene. See, to put it simply, they're just evil.
Lmao. Please tell me this is sarcasm. Did you think of that crazy scenario by yourself?. Seriously get a grip.

Old 12-30-2020, 09:34 AM

193 posts, read 272,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
And you seem to be triggered by them daily lol! I’d say mission accomplished.
That's a pathetic "mission".

Old 12-30-2020, 03:47 PM

226 posts, read 130,248 times
It's funny. Before the election, the cherry kool-aid drinkers said that if they lost (which of course could NEVER happen), they would not throw any hissy fits and would accept the outcome of the election.

After the election, a large majority of cherry kool-aid drinkers insists that the election was RIGGED, STOLEN, and FRAUDULENT. They aren't wrong, of course. I myself was responsible for about foe hunnid thousand mail-in votes for Joe Biden, which I piled up in Bethpage for the USPS to send to Harrisburg, PA.

Old 12-30-2020, 05:44 PM

1,107 posts, read 557,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
What do you think the cause for division in this country is? Do you think Trumps behavior since 2008 has brought this country together?

Your kumbaya post was weird because you’re a staunch defender of pathetic pathological liar that steps on everyone around him that disagrees with him. Also you give zero credence to a civil rights movement and focus on a couple of nights of violence as opposed to mostly civil protests.

Be better!
The cause of division was started by the Dems the minute Trump was elected, when they put their hatred of Trump ahead of their love for this country and decided then and there not to work with him. They spent 4 entire years trying to bring him down rather than raise this country up.

Civil rights movement? You know NOTHING about me. I came of age in the 60s. I know about the civil rights movement. I participated in it. Then. There's nothing civil about the uncivilized behavior of the looters and violent criminals who call themselves protesters. I will NEVER align myself with them. They have alienated me by their judgment of me based on the color of my skin and by their complete lack of civility, rationality or intelligent discourse.

And to be clear, my post was not a "kumbaya" post calling for us all to get along. That will never happen. That's the new reality -- a loss of hope for unity. Rather, my post was a call to agree to disagree - "live and let live."

Don't worry, that kind of naivete will not come from me again.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:52 PM

3,305 posts, read 2,388,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Their supporters are honking, and it can startle another driver and send them careening into another vehicle flipping it end over end resting at the base of a telephone pole, which in turn collapses and entraps a family of 3 with a 2 year old in the rear. Firefighters and a life flight must then deploy risking more people's lives as they make their way to the scene. See, to put it simply, they're just evil.
I’ve been there on occasion and there is endless honking which only means they are supporting the Trump supporters. I would say there is one middle finger to every 200 honks and thumbs up. So, you are in the minority and most people are thankful they are there fighting for a stolen election which will be thrown out next week. Sorry.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:23 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 23 days ago)

8,826 posts, read 21,327,798 times
thread closed for mod review

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island