Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 03:05 PM

297 posts, read 197,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post
Did you really compare your behavior to that of the people during the revolutionary war?

Yes, doing things illegally to your house is exactly like fighting for your freedom from another country
Yes fighting for freedom of the Dutch and French and English and German half a way across the globe. Those Iroquois crossed the line, eh!?

I gotta stoop down three flights of stairs to talk to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 05:25 PM

822 posts, read 785,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkster55 View Post
Yes fighting for freedom of the Dutch and French and English and German half a way across the globe. Those Iroquois crossed the line, eh!?

I gotta stoop down three flights of stairs to talk to you.
I guess we'll never see eye-to-eye, many others here seem to feel the same way about you too.

I'm sure you'll eventually get banned and come back as another troll account.

Have a great day!

Old 03-28-2021, 02:52 PM

84 posts, read 47,039 times
I am in the process buying a house i tonh. A month into the process, my lawyer told me that the title search shows theres 3 open permits. One active and 2 expired. He advised the seller's side to close it all out.

My mortgage comp dont care for it. Also title comp will go through with sale. My lawyer told me to let them fix it as per contract. Issue becomes how long it will take em.

Old 03-28-2021, 03:59 PM

13,068 posts, read 18,219,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datnoids151 View Post
I am in the process buying a house i tonh. A month into the process, my lawyer told me that the title search shows theres 3 open permits. One active and 2 expired. He advised the seller's side to close it all out.

My mortgage comp dont care for it. Also title comp will go through with sale. My lawyer told me to let them fix it as per contract. Issue becomes how long it will take em.
As long as they want. Sorry there is no way to tell. Based upon what a friend who works in the tax office told me about the current work load in the building dept. I wouldn't hold my breathe. The only hope you have is that the seller goes to the town with hat in hand and tells them a they have a hardship and need to move ASAP and hope they are motivated by it. The seller should put the hardship in writing and go to the office in person. Remember at all times that you are not dealing with humans rather a government agency, whose aim in life is to get to Friday, so they can relax after a difficult week of work.

You can of course can have your attorney draw up an escrow agreement to cover the unfinished work, as long as the sellers agree to it.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
As long as they want. Sorry there is no way to tell. Based upon what a friend who works in the tax office told me about the current work load in the building dept. I wouldn't hold my breathe. The only hope you have is that the seller goes to the town with hat in hand and tells them a they have a hardship and need to move ASAP and hope they are motivated by it. The seller should put the hardship in writing and go to the office in person. Remember at all times that you are not dealing with humans rather a government agency, whose aim in life is to get to Friday, so they can relax after a difficult week of work.

You can of course can have your attorney draw up an escrow agreement to cover the unfinished work, as long as the sellers agree to it.
This process really threw me a curve ball in my timeline. Really upset at the seller's realtor for not disclosing this but then again, she probably didnt know about it. I called the realtor to complain about it and he was begging me to be patient and said owner is working with her contractor to resolve this matter. Im like good luck w/ Tonh, they are slow AF. My contingency says they have 30 days to cure it and if they cant remedy this issues & decide not to sell, they have to pay for title fees and survey. I eat my inspection fee, appraisal and legal fees

Old 03-28-2021, 08:37 PM

1,296 posts, read 580,042 times
Part of the problem is that the selling attorney only runs the title search about 3 days before closing, then scrambles to fix any issues.

If you're selling, research any potential issues now before they hold up the transaction.

Old 03-28-2021, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datnoids151 View Post
This process really threw me a curve ball in my timeline. Really upset at the seller's realtor for not disclosing this but then again, she probably didnt know about it. I called the realtor to complain about it and he was begging me to be patient and said owner is working with her contractor to resolve this matter. Im like good luck w/ Tonh, they are slow AF. My contingency says they have 30 days to cure it and if they cant remedy this issues & decide not to sell, they have to pay for title fees and survey. I eat my inspection fee, appraisal and legal fees
You don’t explain “cure”. Do you mean complete the work? If so, then unless you are concerned about something additional coming up, an escrow account will allow this sale to go through. The attorney will draw the papers requesting x dollars be withheld at closing and placed in escrow. Once you have the COC in place, the funds will be released to the seller.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
You don’t explain “cure”. Do you mean complete the work? If so, then unless you are concerned about something additional coming up, an escrow account will allow this sale to go through. The attorney will draw the papers requesting x dollars be withheld at closing and placed in escrow. Once you have the COC in place, the funds will be released to the seller.
Cure means fixing it and singing off on the permit.

My attorney said the seller is working in scheduling inspection with tonh and no other time frame is given. Im like oh boy. This is going to take forever.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:10 PM

Ok I guess I am not making myself clear. So long as they are remedying the permit situation, you have nothing to worry about. You will protect yourself with an escrow. There is no need to discuss the inspection cost or your walking away.

You apparently put the 30 day stipulation in and honestly that is a very unrealistic expectation even in a slow world in the building dept. Have your lawyer remove the 30 days contingency clause and put in an escrow clause. What difference does it make to you? You will eventually get the inspection completed as it is in the works now, you will have your house closed and move in and the escrow means the seller is short money until the inspection is completed. Why are you making this so difficult?

Old 03-29-2021, 06:49 PM

Im not making it difficult. Giving them plenty of time to resolve it. Its 30 days additional on top of closing date. Makes it about 90 days. I wouldnt mind escrow to close too but i rather let the seller fix it. Anything could go wrong with an inspection
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island