Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 06:58 AM

297 posts, read 197,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
its because the houses are all over 100 years old or close to it and have asbestos all over.

plus most of these houses sit on top of a toxic plume....
Asbestos I understand but why there aren’t houses on big lots like in every other state? Even in California you have huge single stories while here the avereage house is a 3bd cape or bungalow with low ceilings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 07:04 AM

106,907 posts, read 109,176,429 times
With demand as high as it was the good stuff is already gone ....there are lots of buyers but crappy supply all over the tristate area.

It don’t matter how many homes are for sale ..if my wife don’t like them they ain’t selling to us so wife factor is a huge deal breaker

Old 02-25-2021, 07:15 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,540,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkster55 View Post
Anything west of exit 60 makes me want to look the other way as if Medusa was present.

Wth is it that bad???
Because nobody can afford to keep up on the maintenance.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Because nobody can afford to keep up on the maintenance.
I dont think maintenance will help a young Medusa.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:23 AM

4,700 posts, read 8,773,931 times
Quote:
I don’t use price filters. This title assumes no price limit. The houses here are legit trash.
your ability to properly assess real estate via online listings is probably what's "legit trash".

Old 02-25-2021, 01:20 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,407,715 times
Quote:
Anything west of exit 60 makes me want to look the other way as if Medusa was present.

Wth is it that bad???
Maybe the houses aren’t the problem?

Hmmm

Old 02-25-2021, 01:32 PM

28 posts, read 22,216 times
Problem is all these old racists.... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

“My how the neighborhood has changed!”

“I remember when...”

All the old people stayed while their kids left for Florida or NJ because NY was “too expensive”

Thats why those houses look like ****... go to diverse areas where minorities actually upkeep their homes...

Old 02-27-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Maybe the houses aren’t the problem?

Hmmm
I thought so too. I thought maybe I am the problem, but then when I checked other states in US and even in 3rd world countries, I saw better houses for sale.

In long island right now, (rest of upsate + NYC), I think the issue is the designers & builders. They could have have hired smart people, but they didnt.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthesecrets View Post
Problem is all these old racists.... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

“My how the neighborhood has changed!”

“I remember when...”

All the old people stayed while their kids left for Florida or NJ because NY was “too expensive”

Thats why those houses look like ****... go to diverse areas where minorities actually upkeep their homes...
I'm not talking about run down or unmaintained. I'm talking about design quality. There are houses here on a 100x100 lot that are 2 beds bungalows and those on a 50x100 lot are 3 story horror houses like those in CT.

The sheer design of the houses here speaks to me that whoever did this was either stupid or blind, and if their anything like the rest of NY, it's stupiditiy that's the cause.

I live in a home that while rennovated and fixed inside, cannot be fixed without a wrecking ball from the outside. I can't do that here because 1. permits and 2. i'd rather leave this ****hole for another home but I cannot find another home that's even slightly better than mine.

I check FL, AZ, CO listings. 2200 QSFT houses designed at least semi decently. Here? NY? Even the NEW construction thats that big is bad because they do it the cheapest way possible and people here are so dense that they buy it and then this becomes the standard.

What happens to the rest of the people that have more than 2 brain cells? They see all of the problems growing and growing.

As I've said before, the best place in NY is Long Island, and the best place in Long Island is on the water right outside, not on it.

Speaks to itself. The issue is these dumb people leaving long island going to Florida bring their idoitism with them and then when they build houses in FL, they use 4 inch foundation with no rebar.

I mean, for the love of god, who gave these architects jobs? The problem is everywhere I think here - people are so dense that the builders drop the job when approached by someone who wants 1 foot concrete walls with 8 rebar because its too much work. Everyone just wants 200k in their pocket for eating 4 pack of mcnuggets.

Builders dont know how to build, Architects are engineers who can't do math, and engineers are working for top 1% of companies since the bottom 99% dont bother studying in college and those that do are in Russia, China, Germany, India... and best part is, people here (not just in NY), cant tell the difference between 4 inch conrete with 1 ft + rebar concrete

But when a Cat 5 katrina or patricia shows up, the I95 is packed. What does this tell you about the people of this nation? I could go on and on, and best part is, if you the audience here is the average population, then the answers I am getting are expected to be nothing short of the same type of thinking as described as above, rendering this whole post useless because I know people Moderator cut: crude language removed
and fight until they drop dead and even when they drop dead, they will do so thinking their 2 brain cells think they understand anything.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-27-2021 at 05:41 PM..

Old 02-27-2021, 11:06 AM

22,686 posts, read 36,870,810 times
No one from Long Island says "in" Long Island, so what drew you there?

Last edited by twingles; 02-27-2021 at 11:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island