Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 09:29 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,371,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
This happens all over though.

A Wantagh HS teacher did a similar type thing. Wantagh is a nice area.

Always gonna be some bad apples in the bunch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 09:10 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
Curious where you live. We can check the sex offender registry there and see how it compares to your ridiculous red herring link about some guy in Hicksville getting arrested in Jersey.

Hicksville is like every other area. Mostly blue collar, some high end homes, big Asian influx (mostly Indian), some rough areas mostly near the train and industrial areas (which is worth it because it keeps taxes significantly low), Schools avg to above quality, 33% split white-latino-asian and test scores have been increasing. Schools did a massive bond and just finished all new tracks, fields, tennis courts and even an indoor pool at the HS. Lots of development coming from train station to mall to old sears bldg. Good library, TOB athletic center, IKEA. Hicksville is happening and is one of the least Nimby infested areas, thus newly paved roads and big infrastructure projects coming. In most spots you wouldn't know whether you were in Levittown, Jericho, Bethpage or Westbury, except for a lot of dosas and curry shops.

Last edited by monstermagnet; 03-18-2021 at 09:22 AM..

Old 03-22-2021, 01:50 PM

282 posts, read 247,892 times
The area is safe. The particular street you mention will be busy with commuter traffic at certain times of the day. The area has become primarily South Asian. Most, if not all new buyers, are of South Asian decent. (thus the nick name of "little India"). There are several houses of worship within walking distance to that location as well. South Asian shopping is within walking distance and what a good many new homebuyers are pleased about. There is to be a downtown revitalization of the Hicksville train station area. (new apartments are being built) for commuters. If this is of interest to you, then Hicksville will be a good choice.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:54 AM

855 posts, read 450,689 times
Ignore the idiots in here who cry about everything. You're on a forum where these folks cry every month about the noise from airplanes and leaf blowers.

I know a number of people who live in Hicksville and have spent a lot of time there myself. Nice quiet neighborhoods. Centrally located near the mall, plenty of super markets, restaurants, gyms and retail stores. Parks nearby with Bethpage being the most well known and nicest. 20 mins to either the north or south shore. Whole Foods and Trader Joes only a 5-10 min drive. 5 mins to jump on the LIE or the parkways. Walkable neighborhoods and if you have young kids most neighborhoods have playgrounds.

There's an Indian influx but they're generally nice, respectful and educated.

And because of the influx of money from India Hicksville has an individual real estate bubble where your investment will appreciate and in a few years you'll be able to sell for cash to an Indian buyer and upgrade if you like.

The LIRR area is the eye sore but there's plans to renovate the Sears property across from the mall.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:08 AM

81 posts, read 67,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
Ignore the idiots in here who cry about everything. You're on a forum where these folks cry every month about the noise from airplanes and leaf blowers.

I know a number of people who live in Hicksville and have spent a lot of time there myself. Nice quiet neighborhoods. Centrally located near the mall, plenty of super markets, restaurants, gyms and retail stores. Parks nearby with Bethpage being the most well known and nicest. 20 mins to either the north or south shore. Whole Foods and Trader Joes only a 5-10 min drive. 5 mins to jump on the LIE or the parkways. Walkable neighborhoods and if you have young kids most neighborhoods have playgrounds.

There's an Indian influx but they're generally nice, respectful and educated.

And because of the influx of money from India Hicksville has an individual real estate bubble where your investment will appreciate and in a few years you'll be able to sell for cash to an Indian buyer and upgrade if you like.

The LIRR area is the eye sore but there's plans to renovate the Sears property across from the mall.
I agree with this, even my own family members overreact about Hicksville especially about the area by the train station. I've personally been through this area multiple times and it has definitely gotten nicer over the years as I saw a vacant property that was eventually bought up and now it looks nice. So take everything from the posters that said things like "avoid" as a grain of salt. It is just your typical middle class neighborhood. Also it's always good to go see the area before you buy in it so I suggest doing that also. Anyways, good luck with your move

Old 03-23-2021, 09:52 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,326,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassaucounty28 View Post
I agree with this, even my own family members overreact about Hicksville especially about the area by the train station. I've personally been through this area multiple times and it has definitely gotten nicer over the years as I saw a vacant property that was eventually bought up and now it looks nice. So take everything from the posters that said things like "avoid" as a grain of salt. It is just your typical middle class neighborhood. Also it's always good to go see the area before you buy in it so I suggest doing that also. Anyways, good luck with your move
There was a few of them on plainview road. I haven’t been down there in a year. A few where getting fixed up. That area has def changed for the better. There is a F ton of new construction on the side streets off east Marie st. Hicksville has gotten way nicer and allot more $$$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: