Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 02:23 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,411,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
I agree.

But if you read on social media platforms there are a lot of people having issues than what’s being reported.
YUP, Social media, that's got to be truth. I know MANY people tht have gotten vaccinated. MOST had zero side effects, with a few with mild reaction next day after 2nd shot. Social Media is a big part of the idiots being scared of Covid, and getting the vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 02:36 PM

106,790 posts, read 109,020,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
YUP, Social media, that's got to be truth. I know MANY people tht have gotten vaccinated. MOST had zero side effects, with a few with mild reaction next day after 2nd shot. Social Media is a big part of the idiots being scared of Covid, and getting the vaccine.
Social media is so full of lies and myth it is useless for info for the most part .

After having bad covid I can tell you I would opt for the vaccine any day.

Everyone has to weigh the risks and see what is the better choice ….

I can tell you this , with the blood clot rate for covid up as high as maybe 60% when you get it bad enough to be hospitalized , the minute risk of clotting from a vaccine is almost not on the chart as being a factor with the millions of doses already given

Old 05-03-2021, 08:41 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,169,132 times
lol. Ok guys, you got me. So these people are lying about family members having issues from the vaccines? What a dumb thing to lie about and nKe up photos of them being in the hospital.
My 34 year old coworker has been pissing blood clots for a week now after the 1st shot. At SBU now running all types of tests.

I’m not saying don’t get it. But stop acting like there are no side effects.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:46 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,169,132 times
Post 188.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/retir...d-shot-19.html

Just as Covid did nothing to me but hurt others. The shots are causing troubles in others!

Old 05-04-2021, 02:34 AM

106,790 posts, read 109,020,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Post 188.

//www.city-data.com/forum/retirement/3263404-2-weeks-past-second-covid-shot-19.html

Just as Covid did nothing to me but hurt others. The shots are causing troubles in others!
Nothing in life is without risk ..there is always something happening to others if not ourselves ..but we weigh the risks and benefits and make a choice …

I certainly would do all I could to avoid what we went through with our covid and in fact are still going through months later

Old 05-04-2021, 04:04 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,411,902 times
So people are afraid of Covid, and the vaccine. OK idiots, stay indoors the rest of your life. I just cant believe how stupid people are these days. Just wait until Covid vaccine is required to go to school. Fun times ahead.

Old 05-04-2021, 01:08 PM

13,059 posts, read 18,146,601 times
I am vaccinated and I am still wearing a mask indoors ,but not outdoors. I am back to I would say 90% of my normal. I am not dining in, nor am I attending church services. I am not doing anything inside that requires a great deal of time inside with strangers, even with a mask on. I will go to a store and shop and sanitize my hands once out. I personally would not call anyone "stupid" for with taking the vaccine or not taking it. There is is risk involved in almost all we do or don't do. I personally chose not to risk exposure to the virus, knowing that down the road there may be some things that come out that will negatively impact me. For others, the risk is potential infection with Covid-19 and as mathjak107 indicated lingering effects of same.

Life is all about choice and if one had the ability to see into the future and what it holds, we could all make more educated choices based upon what we have learned. Sometimes, ya gotta get off the fence because the fence post can hurt your arse.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:46 PM

20,945 posts, read 28,464,010 times
Glad I got vaccinated because it beats the alternative however I am paying for it today with 101 fever and body aches. Husband and I had second dose of Moderna yesterday. Can't seem to get the fever to go down. Took a luke warm shower earlier and switched to Advil. We will see.

Old 05-04-2021, 07:51 PM

13,059 posts, read 18,146,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Glad I got vaccinated because it beats the alternative however I am paying for it today with 101 fever and body aches. Husband and I had second dose of Moderna yesterday. Can't seem to get the fever to go down. Took a luke warm shower earlier and switched to Advil. We will see.
Feel better and fwiw I am sure it will be over in 12 hours. All we know that had Moderna were over and done in 12 hours.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:07 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,523,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Nothing in life is without risk ..there is always something happening to others if not ourselves ..but we weigh the risks and benefits and make a choice …

I certainly would do all I could to avoid what we went through with our covid and in fact are still going through months later
Oh Jesus, this person and their terrible awful very bad day with Covid telling everyone what to do again. I had it and it was a mild cold. There, my anecdote negates yours.

Like everything else, vaccinations have become polarized and you’re simply not going to convince certain people to get injected with untested new technology that likely won’t even be effective for very long as the virus mutates. It’s not even strictly political, as black Americans have a very low rate of vaccination despite being majority Democrat.

There are tens of thousands of reports on the FDA-run vaccine adverse reaction database, including thousands of deaths, and they’re growing daily. A lot of people have had some serious reactions to these vaccines, and if you are not in a risk group (75+, serious comorbitities, etc.) you’d be crazy to take them.

Bill Maher did a bit on this hysteria a few weeks ago on his show. Democrats in particular are all wrong about the level of risk Covid presents - the vast majority of them think that the hospitalization rate for Covid is over 50% when in reality it’s under 5%. It’s no wonder - the US media reports 92% bad news about this virus (a front runner in doing so compared to international media). But it’s easier to tell other people what to think and do than it is to admit you were duped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island