Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2021, 05:33 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Whatever it is the vaccines are still keeping more people out of the hospital and not dying then the unvaccinated ..case closed as far as that goes..
To spin that. You need to go find some click bait articles full of bull
So, where is your 'click bait article' that proves your statement please?

Last edited by ComeCloser; 10-15-2021 at 06:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2021, 05:57 PM

5,058 posts, read 3,959,934 times
Quote:
Whatever it is the vaccines are still keeping more people out of the hospital and not dying then the unvaccinated ..case closed as far as that goes..
While it is true the vax mandates and vax passports are jokes considering commonplace infections and transmissions by the vaccinated it may also be true that the vax offers pretty good protection from hospitalization/death. Especially relevant for the elderly/vulnerable.

Two things can be true at the same time.

Old 10-15-2021, 06:34 PM

874 posts, read 729,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
While it is true the vax mandates and vax passports are jokes considering commonplace infections and transmissions by the vaccinated it may also be true that the vax offers pretty good protection from hospitalization/death. Especially relevant for the elderly/vulnerable.

Two things can be true at the same time.

While the vaccine allegedly offers protection , so does your immune system without a vaccine

Yet getting actual covid is not a defense for not taking the Vaccine. The "science" now says natural immunity for only 90 days, and a vaccine shot every six months

And their in lies the problem, natural immunity for some reason is not considered good enough

Well we know the reason, america has been literally sold off to big pharma and what they say goes, even if it goes against all logic.

I can't wait for 6 months from now, what your vaccine expires and they demand you get a booster to keep your job

Oh that will never happen you say? Tell that to the 34,000 people fired without unemployment to fall back on

Old 10-15-2021, 06:46 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,148,598 times
Quote:
True, but that doesn't really matter. I'm vaccinated and don't really care if someone else doesn't want to be. I don't care if they show up to the office (anecdote: most people who have COVID who went into the office are vaccinated, which statistically makes sense). ​

And sure, "Unvaccinated Covid-19 patients are filling up hospitals, putting the care of others at risk", but hospital beds are always being filled up with lots of people who made bad life choices. Obesity, over doses, driving drunk, swimming right after eating are all preventable things that could have you taking up a bed in the ICU.

Old 10-15-2021, 09:30 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,521,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
True, but that doesn't really matter. I'm vaccinated and don't really care if someone else doesn't want to be. I don't care if they show up to the office (anecdote: most people who have COVID who went into the office are vaccinated, which statistically makes sense). ​

And sure, "Unvaccinated Covid-19 patients are filling up hospitals, putting the care of others at risk", but hospital beds are always being filled up with lots of people who made bad life choices. Obesity, over doses, driving drunk, swimming right after eating are all preventable things that could have you taking up a bed in the ICU.
Scared old men will never stop being scared, even when they fell squarely into the 99% survival rate for their age range. A few weeks of scariness and personal inconvenience is enough to make them want to change the entire world. We should have let them die.

Old 10-16-2021, 03:59 AM

106,717 posts, read 108,913,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Scared old men will never stop being scared, even when they fell squarely into the 99% survival rate for their age range. A few weeks of scariness and personal inconvenience is enough to make them want to change the entire world. We should have let them die.
Let people die ? Would you feel the same if it was your parents ?
Another one with moronic views.

Another one I will no longer respond to

Old 10-16-2021, 05:47 AM

Quote:
No, we shouldn’t.

Old 10-16-2021, 08:22 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,959,934 times
1. We're beyond the argument that the unvaccinated pose some sort of a mortal threat to the vaccinated (and ditto the vaccinated to the vaccinated). That odd and now discarded argument for forced vaccination not only made absolutely no sense it also thoroughly undermined the message regarding the effectiveness of the vaccine in preventing hospitalizations and death.

2. And, given the science, we are now beyond the peculiar argument that vaccine passports will somehow preserve the vaccinated from serious illness. In the first case we know the vaccines work (see 1, above) and in the second we know the vaccinated routinely infect the vaccinated in any case.

3. Covid (and politics therein) have certainly brought out the oddest arguments from the Left along with the Left's tendencies towards coercive state powers and overreliance on narrative-supporting 'experts'. And intolerance for dissent.

Old 10-16-2021, 06:51 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,521,867 times
Quote:
Let people die ? Would you feel the same if it was your parents ?
Another one with moronic views.

Another one I will no longer respond to
Your generation ruined this country, this planet, and now you're trying to drag us all down with you on your way out. You not responding to me is probably the best thing I could imagine.

Old 10-16-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Your generation ruined this country, this planet, and now you're trying to drag us all down with you on your way out. You not responding to me is probably the best thing I could imagine.
Oh horse crap. Stop blaming others and take responsibility. What are you doing to make things better?

Jesus Christ I’m tired of the blame games going on by both sides, and neither is making a good argument for their side. People aren’t thinking just quoting studies they don’t understand or sources that are questionable at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island