Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2021, 04:01 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The fear mongering is at biblical proportions now.
I was just in an enclosed area where every person was a possible threat to my well-being.
It's called a gun range.

Somehow I managed to survive it without a mask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2021, 04:08 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
When was the last time you even knew someone who has COVID? At the height of it I knew a number of people who had COVID but it has been awhile since someone said they have it. If the media wasn't pushing their agenda we wouldn't even be aware of COVID at this point.
Last week a 46 year old parent of a former student died. In addition we had 3 students and 2 staff members test positive.

Covid is still out there. Thankfully it is less deadly due to vaccinations and better understanding of how to treat it.

Old 10-17-2021, 04:28 PM

5,056 posts, read 3,956,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Last week a 46 year old parent of a former student died. In addition we had 3 students and 2 staff members test positive.

Covid is still out there. Thankfully it is less deadly due to vaccinations and better understanding of how to treat it.
No doubt many students and staff members in our LI public school are contracting and recovering from covid. Since we know the staffs are vaccinated and generally younger/healthier than the at-risk in any case AND we know the effects of covid on young people it is difficult to stoke the panic nowadays regarding schools.

Of course there are covid transmissions (with the vaccinated and the unvaccinated alike).

One assumes covid and other respiratory viruses will be around long after this year.

Old 10-17-2021, 04:44 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
No doubt many students and staff members in our LI public school are contracting and recovering from covid. Since we know the staffs are vaccinated and generally younger/healthier than the at-risk in any case AND we know the effects of covid on young people it is difficult to stoke the panic nowadays regarding schools.

Of course there are covid transmissions (with the vaccinated and the unvaccinated alike).

One assumes covid and other respiratory viruses will be around long after this year.
Of course, I was just responding to a poster who questioned whether there were any more covid transmissions and was hinting it was some sort of media conspiracy.

Old 10-17-2021, 05:03 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
I was just in an enclosed area where every person was a possible threat to my well-being.
It's called a gun range.

Somehow I managed to survive it without a mask.
At my son’s former job, he was working in very tight closed quarters with his co-worker, neither masked(pre-vax days as well)for almost the entire week. Turns out that weekend the co-worker tested positive for the covid.
My son never got it. And his job requested all who were around this individual to be tested, just as a precaution.
Haha my son almost seemed disappointed because he totally felt he shoulda caught it due to the circumstances.

Old 10-17-2021, 05:42 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,161,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post

Don’t forget about immunity. That’s also helping with the deaths!! Seems like no one wants to talk about that.

As of now Suffolk County 7 day average is around 400 cases. Not sure how Nassau is making out.

Old 10-17-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Don’t forget about immunity. That’s also helping with the deaths!! Seems like no one wants to talk about that.

As of now Suffolk County 7 day average is around 400 cases. Not sure how Nassau is making out.
Wow that’s it? And they’re still driving with a mask on, all alone, in their car. Windows up. They are aren’t they.

Old 10-17-2021, 06:40 PM

Can you believe it? In this day and age? Prejudice against boomers.

Old 10-17-2021, 06:59 PM

5,056 posts, read 3,956,447 times
And just today the ‘experts’ confessed Johnson & Johnson should have been approved as a 2-shot vaccine. Whoopsie!

President Biden's chief medical adviser, Anthony Fauci, said on Sunday that the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine likely should have been a two-dose shot instead of a single inoculation.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...ose-shot%3famp

So, if you’ve got a vaccine card or a vaccine passport via J&J vaccine…

No wonder rational folks spend much of their time alternately laughing at and ignoring the media ‘science’ experts.

Of course Fauci is the same old fool who predicted this fall’s crowded college outdoor football games would become covid super-spreader events for this respiratory virus. Whoopsie!

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 10-17-2021 at 07:38 PM..

Old 10-17-2021, 09:14 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Can you believe it? In this day and age? Prejudice against boomers.
And by NPCs to boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island