Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 08:21 PM

855 posts, read 457,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Could you please post the link that shows that 50 percent of the dead or hospitalized are vaccinated because I see no such percentages anywhere.
Based on your abundance of posts we know you have the capability of making a link, so now show the link that backs up your claim.
Look at Wales. Scary stuff! 2/3 of cases are amongst the vaccinated.

Covid-19 in Wales: A third of positive cases are unvaccinated

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-58680204

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Totally anecdotal, but at one company I'm very familiar with all employees this year who tested positive for COVID (I can't remember the number but it was low) were vaccinated. None had more than a brief bad cold, nobody missed work as they just worked from home and all were back in the office after the usual isolation period.
This makes sense as they have a high rate of vaccinated employees and the shots don't stop one from catching it.

And yes, the pandemic and vaccine is being used for political gain but that is starting to backfire. If you tell people to do XYZ and that will make the pandemic magically go away, and they do it but the pandemic sticks around then you have few people willing to do it again. Also the enforcement mechanisms aren't there.

BTW We always have a healthcare crisis going on somewhere, somehow as that's what happens when you have hospitals and insurance companies wanting to make a profit, and States and tax payers not wanting to pay too much for healthcare.
I don't know anyone willing to get boosters.

I do business with a lot of vaxxed older people and not a single one is willing to put up with ongoing injections as it proves the original premise was a lie.

Old 10-07-2021, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
please tell us know if and where they ever end up getting hired again so I can avoid them.
LOL if your vaccine worked you wouldn't need to avoid anyone.

Old 10-07-2021, 09:27 PM

20,323 posts, read 21,082,298 times
Scumbags.

Old 10-08-2021, 03:16 AM

5,098 posts, read 3,993,688 times
Of course we know the vaccinated are getting Covid (Pfizer itself just stated that protection from infection goes down to 47% within 5 months of full vaccination…which means for some that it is less and for some it is more ). And we know the vaccinated are spreading covid. The very fact boosters are being pushed tells us (even without Pfizer’s candid admission) the vaccines wane rather quickly and quite dramatically.

So, the vax passports are a sick joke (since the vaxxed routinely get and transmit Covid).

And about those vax mandates: Armed with the knowledge the vaccinated routinely get and transmit Covid, the rationale for the mandate crumbles.

(It is true that flu and covid vaccinations lessen the impact of the respective viruses on the vaxxed but the necessity for vax mandates for either remains a puzzler. The unvaccinated are not a mortal threat to the vaxxed. The political/public policy reaction to Covid has been peculiar from the start and highly unusual Covid vax mandates for adult civilians are just another example.)

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 10-08-2021 at 04:30 AM..

Old 10-08-2021, 04:15 AM

107,231 posts, read 109,579,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
Look at Wales. Scary stuff! 2/3 of cases are amongst the vaccinated.

Covid-19 in Wales: A third of positive cases are unvaccinated

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-58680204
Skewed . Why?

Hypothetically If everyone is vaccinated in wales then 100% of cases would be vaccinated.

So the proportion of breakthroughs have to be taken in consideration to the proportion of the population.

Also vaccinated may be out and about doing things around others while more unvaccinated are sitting isolated at home among few .

So charts like this are useless click bait

Old 10-08-2021, 04:36 AM

5,098 posts, read 3,993,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Skewed . Why?

Hypothetically If everyone is vaccinated in wales then 100% of cases would be vaccinated.

So the proportion of breakthroughs have to be taken in consideration to the proportion of the population.

Also vaccinated may be out and about doing things around others while more unvaccinated are sitting isolated at home among few .

So charts like this are useless click bait
Except to further illustrate (to the deniers) that the vaccinated routinely catch and spread covid.

And provide giggle material when some ‘experts’ provide dingbat rationale for vax passports and vax mandates. ‘Protecting the vaccinated from the unvaccinated’ is now a punch line.

Somebody tell ole Joe Biden why we’re snickering when he spreads howlers like that.

Old 10-08-2021, 04:48 AM

107,231 posts, read 109,579,994 times
Sure they do but studies now show it is a weaker breed most of the time not requiring hospitalization or long recovery .

But percentage of break through must be considered as to the percentage of vaccinated in that area .

Like I said an area with 90-95% vaccinated you may see 100% of cases of covid in the vaccinated since the Vaccinated may be out doing things and among crowds and the tiny percentage of unvaccinated are not doing those things and not living normal lives like pre covid

Last edited by mathjak107; 10-08-2021 at 05:01 AM..

Old 10-08-2021, 05:39 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,170,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
I don't know anyone willing to get boosters.

I do business with a lot of vaxxed older people and not a single one is willing to put up with ongoing injections as it proves the original premise was a lie.
On the other hand I do know older people who want the booster, hell, I may be willing to get one if someone can tell me if my shot has really worn off or if it’s just not as strong but still working.

BTW the original premise of the vaccine was that it would help with the effects of COVID but not halt the spread. That came later.

Old 10-08-2021, 05:43 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,170,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Sure they do but studies now show it is a weaker breed most of the time not requiring hospitalization or long recovery .

But percentage of break through must be considered as to the percentage of vaccinated in that area .

Like I said an area with 90-95% vaccinated you may see 100% of cases of covid in the vaccinated since the Vaccinated may be out doing things and among crowds and the tiny percentage of unvaccinated are not doing those things and not living normal lives like pre covid
News Flash: the vast majority of those who choose not to get the shot are doing everything the vaccinated are doing.

Things are pretty close to old normal except for people not wanting to work or commute to the office. Most of the mandates seem to be an effort to stop that from happening.

Last edited by ClarkStreetKid; 10-08-2021 at 07:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island