Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 07:46 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,169,587 times

Advertisements

Florida is hiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2021, 03:19 PM

958 posts, read 1,110,931 times
said by RPC324
That said, for as many volunteers who would sit aside to support FDNY who were put on leave, just as many would probably line up to do scab work so they can say they got to play FDNY for a day.

Really Play ???
Long Island Volley FD are as trained as the paid NY. For FREE got it Free. Didn't hear your big mouth on 9 11 when Suffolk county [ and Nassau] Volley FD Maned FDNY houses. For FREE

Last edited by Nevar242; 11-01-2021 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: got yelled at by the powers

Old 11-01-2021, 07:00 PM

1,300 posts, read 582,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
said by RPC324
That said, for as many volunteers who would sit aside to support FDNY who were put on leave, just as many would probably line up to do scab work so they can say they got to play FDNY for a day.

Really Play ???
Long Island Volley FD are as trained as the paid NY. For FREE got it Free. Didn't hear your big mouth on 9 11 when Suffolk county [ and Nassau] Volley FD Maned FDNY houses. For FREE
I was a volunteer on Long Island for years. Anyone who says they are trained to the same standards as FDNY is lying to himself. The certification can be achieved in 2 weeks. Much different than a 6-month academy where they do nothing but train for the job. Working in a hardware store or taking a break from accounting accounting jump on a fire truck is not even close to the same thing as doing it every day as a career. With the exception of very few, it's complete weekend warrior level.

And yes, scab work is playing. When they screw up or don't like it, they get to to back to their real jobs, but they'll show off the pin they earned for taking in that automatic alarm at a McDonald's in Queens that one time.

Old 11-02-2021, 09:40 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,534,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
The Supreme Court has already ruled states can mandate vaccines .

Things may be on hold until they are ruled on as far as how they interface with the American disabilities act , and religious exemptions but the fact states can mandate vaccines is clearly legal as far as the Supreme Court ruled in the early 1900s

What don’t you understand about that ?
I didn't know you were a lawyer, Wilford. I guess since everyone is an "expert" these days you added a JD to your MD. I've already addressed this particular case here and you clearly didn't pay attention, but for the benefit of everyone else: so what? SCOTUS reverses itself all the time. The idea that a 116 year old case necessarily holds up today is rubbish; the Court simply hasn't revisited the issue yet, and probably will not until there is an actual law passed by a state or the Federal Government requiring vaccines (mandates are not laws) as opposed to what we've seen thus far which has been employers requiring them - something that they have always had the ability to do in "at will" employment. Incidentally - the plaintiff in Jacobson's "penalty" for not taking the vaccine? $5. Just let me know where I can send that today.

Moreover, there is a wide gulf between the smallpox vaccine, which is a highly effective "actual" (sterilizing) vaccine that eradicated the disease, not something that is - at best - a therapeutic treatment that does little to prevent transmission of the present dominant (Delta) variant. Preventing spread is, after all, the goal of compulsory vaccines, is it not? If that no longer applies, what's the point? Preventing a nebulous overtax of hospital resources that has basically never ever happened even at the height of things, and which was obviously not important enough to stop the state from laying off 30k health care workers.

Face it Wilford, your vaccines have failed. Covid is here to stay, forever, just like the flu.

Old 11-02-2021, 03:32 PM

855 posts, read 457,130 times
Will I get a tax rebate for less coverage from our local firemen?

Why should my taxes pay for NYC fire coverage.

And why do lefties not understand when you pull support from another area you create a void in that area.

Old 11-02-2021, 03:46 PM

107,223 posts, read 109,563,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
I didn't know you were a lawyer, Wilford. I guess since everyone is an "expert" these days you added a JD to your MD. I've already addressed this particular case here and you clearly didn't pay attention, but for the benefit of everyone else: so what? SCOTUS reverses itself all the time. The idea that a 116 year old case necessarily holds up today is rubbish; the Court simply hasn't revisited the issue yet, and probably will not until there is an actual law passed by a state or the Federal Government requiring vaccines (mandates are not laws) as opposed to what we've seen thus far which has been employers requiring them - something that they have always had the ability to do in "at will" employment. Incidentally - the plaintiff in Jacobson's "penalty" for not taking the vaccine? $5. Just let me know where I can send that today.

Moreover, there is a wide gulf between the smallpox vaccine, which is a highly effective "actual" (sterilizing) vaccine that eradicated the disease, not something that is - at best - a therapeutic treatment that does little to prevent transmission of the present dominant (Delta) variant. Preventing spread is, after all, the goal of compulsory vaccines, is it not? If that no longer applies, what's the point? Preventing a nebulous overtax of hospital resources that has basically never ever happened even at the height of things, and which was obviously not important enough to stop the state from laying off 30k health care workers.

Face it Wilford, your vaccines have failed. Covid is here to stay, forever, just like the flu.
Sorry pal but I don’t need to be a lawyer or medical expert to state facts as they are released

I leave the amateur wanna be shoot from the hip claims to those here who like to Take on that roll .

Old 11-02-2021, 07:48 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,068,747 times
Deblasio be out by January. Hopefully, we have better mayor make better choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island