Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 07:18 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,237,375 times

Advertisements

Today while driving southbound on a two-lane road, I prudently stopped for a school bus approaching me with amber lights. The bus keeps moving and stops about five feet away, facing me.
So I'm stopped, facing the bus , which unloads a bunch of kids. Red lights flashing, stop sign out on the exterior (street facing) side of the bus.
The bus driver turns off the flashing lights and leaves after a minute, but the bus stop sign is still out when the bus passed me and those behind me.
I didn't move until the bus was well past me, but should I be expecting a $250 ticket ?
I read that the recording takes place if the stop sign is out .
I obviously would win in court, but I wouldn't want the hassle. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2021, 08:37 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,038,658 times
If the lights were off you are good.

Old 11-24-2021, 12:01 PM

22,670 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
If the lights were off you are good.

agree.

Old 11-24-2021, 08:01 PM

1,466 posts, read 760,356 times
The bus was moving and you weren’t. I can’t see this being an issue.

Old 11-25-2021, 05:45 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
He/She probably just left the door open for some air. Once the door is closed the sign goes in, you are all good.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:47 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
I just got a 250.00 ticket for this! It was on New York Avenue in Huntington no less. Did not realize at the time I had did this. Got the ticket 2 weeks ago. This happened in September on my way to the Knee doctor. I saw the video and I am 100% guilty. My husband was pissed! I must not have been paying attention at the time because it was my first time to see this doctor and I was listening to my GPS for directions. I hate driving through Huntington. I have always stopped for school buses but not this time. Lesson learned.

Old 11-28-2021, 06:16 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,237,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I just got a 250.00 ticket for this! It was on New York Avenue in Huntington no less. Did not realize at the time I had did this. Got the ticket 2 weeks ago. This happened in September on my way to the Knee doctor. I saw the video and I am 100% guilty. My husband was pissed! I must not have been paying attention at the time because it was my first time to see this doctor and I was listening to my GPS for directions. I hate driving through Huntington. I have always stopped for school buses but not this time. Lesson learned.
my wife got one recently too. At first I thought it was junk mail . Virginia return address, no indication it was a violation on the envelope.

Old 12-03-2021, 01:56 PM

25 posts, read 19,858 times
I received a warning from them few months back by failing to stop for a school bus. I was surprised since my car was on the Horseblock Road westbound in Farmingville, where it has 4 driving lanes, 2 parking lanes and a center divider. I must be like 50ft away from the bus which was on the eastbound side of the road when I passed it. Funny thing is that I was driving next to another school bus and it didn't stop for it either and it is captured on the same photo. Glad that it was just a warning.

Old 12-03-2021, 02:05 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I dont know the area at all so I'm curious, why do you hate driving through Huntington?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-03-2021, 02:30 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I dont know the area at all so I'm curious, why do you hate driving through Huntington?
Because you have to drive through the bad part first before it's gets nicer. The only way I know how to get to that doctor is via NY Ave from 110.plus Huntington is congested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island