Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2021, 09:36 PM

61 posts, read 33,434 times

Advertisements

I wanted to take my 3 n 6 yr old and her non resident guest friend to syosset woodbury bethpage indoor rink.
1. I just moved couple month ago so my lines is not registered to this new address how do I get/ or prove I am a resident of TOB?
2- are there limits to how any guests are allowed?
3- any recommendations? on which park is better for 1st timers? ( I can skate but not my children so somewhere quite..er would be preferable and I plan on going this coming Monday. which is their vacation

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2021, 10:43 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,332,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkang View Post
I wanted to take my 3 n 6 yr old and her non resident guest friend to syosset woodbury bethpage indoor rink.
1. I just moved couple month ago so my lines is not registered to this new address how do I get/ or prove I am a resident of TOB?
2- are there limits to how any guests are allowed?
3- any recommendations? on which park is better for 1st timers? ( I can skate but not my children so somewhere quite..er would be preferable and I plan on going this coming Monday. which is their vacation

thank you
Bethpage is way nicer and spacious plus it’s indoors. Syosset is outdoors but has a indoor area. I took my kid a few months ago to bethpage they just ask where you live. I went to pickup hockey at bethpage 2 weeks ago same thing they ask where i live And I said plainview. I live in town of Huntington now. They won’t ask about guests and will just assume they are your kids. Both places will be packed as it’s school break.

If your really concerned about it just write your new address on back of your license.

Old 12-26-2021, 12:12 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
If you mean for an open skate, cant you just pay the fee for admission and skate rental? I dont know too many rinks that are literally restricted to only the residents.

Old 12-26-2021, 12:46 PM

yes open skates and thanks guys.

I asked bcuz I guess it's like 2 dollars more for non-residents haha happy holidays

Old 12-31-2021, 02:30 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,892,286 times
OP, they won't usually ask for proof, just tell them Syosset. But yes go to Bethpage indoors unless you want the outdoor ambience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Bethpage is way nicer and spacious plus it’s indoors. Syosset is outdoors but has a indoor area. I took my kid a few months ago to bethpage they just ask where you live. I went to pickup hockey at bethpage 2 weeks ago same thing they ask where i live And I said plainview. I live in town of Huntington now. They won’t ask about guests and will just assume they are your kids. Both places will be packed as it’s school break.
I've probably shared ice with you and didn't even know it. I play pick up there too... Mondays but haven't gone often. I'm usually wearing 71. I also do P/T @ TOB hockey program.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:45 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,332,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
OP, they won't usually ask for proof, just tell them Syosset. But yes go to Bethpage indoors unless you want the outdoor ambience.

I've probably shared ice with you and didn't even know it. I play pick up there too... Mondays but haven't gone often. I'm usually wearing 71. I also do P/T @ TOB hockey program.
I've gone to Monday pickup 3x. Last time I went there was allot of cops, they where chatting in locker room. Its not a bad skate, I go for the cardio! It's sloppy w/ No D played and people don't pass enough, at least the times I went. I wear 86 or 17.

Old 01-30-2022, 08:14 PM

thx all already went like 10 times with my 6yr old daighter. they only ask where i live and really dont check anything. sometimes its pretty packed.i dont think it ever gets next to empty. great place to take your kids as long as they enjoy em ice.

Old 01-30-2022, 08:45 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,776,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkang View Post
thx all already went like 10 times with my 6yr old daighter. they only ask where i live and really dont check anything. sometimes its pretty packed.i dont think it ever gets next to empty. great place to take your kids as long as they enjoy em ice.
its the busy season now, go in the summer or spring and open skates are far far less crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: