Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 08:09 AM

3,305 posts, read 2,389,409 times

Advertisements

Luckily, my children's school does not require masks as of today. Thanks goodness. This virus has little to no effect on children
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 08:13 AM

5,098 posts, read 3,993,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Even some liberals are starting to say what I have been saying all along. The cloth/paper/surgical masks are completely useless for a 0.1 micron sized virus. Unless you are wearing an N95, its all just political theater or virtually signalling to everyone you are a sheep liberal.

And I am shocked my liberal SD (Roslyn) just emailed us last night they will no longer mandate masks at school. My wife is dancing for joy, the kids can breath now. They can crush the oxygen deprived kids who are getting brain damaged from chronic hypercapnia, whose parents continue to abuse them and send them to school triple masked.
My local school just sent an email to us ditching their mask mandate given the judge's ruling. Since we've long known that kids are in the 'not at risk' group it is about time the mistreatment stops.

Shows you what wacky stuff can happen when a power-hungry and science-denying crew is in charge. Wonder if they will ever apologize to the kids.

Old 01-25-2022, 08:41 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,534,626 times
Incidentally, governors throw around threats to "withhold funding" all the time, for issues far less controversial than this. Their authority to actually do is questionable at best, but in any event, it's never actually happened.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:32 AM

187 posts, read 112,069 times
The point is that people are tired of rules by executive fiat. Bring it to the legislature if you want it to be law. Let’s see who has the guts to support it, given how polarizing this topic has become.

Old 01-25-2022, 10:17 AM

187 posts, read 112,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Even some liberals are starting to say what I have been saying all along. The cloth/paper/surgical masks are completely useless for a 0.1 micron sized virus. Unless you are wearing an N95, its all just political theater or virtue signalling to everyone you are a sheep liberal.

And I am shocked my liberal SD (Roslyn) just emailed us last night they will no longer mandate masks at school. My wife is dancing for joy, the kids can breath now. They can crush the oxygen deprived kids who are getting brain damaged from chronic hypercapnia, whose parents continue to abuse them and send them to school triple masked.
I don’t know how old your kids are but my kid had to wear a mask playing soccer outdoors for his school team last school year. He was just happy to be allowed to play but if you think it’s hard to breathe with a mask in think of how difficult it is to run down a field while fair charging.

Old 01-25-2022, 10:42 AM

544 posts, read 947,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Hochul would eat crow if Long Island resident didn’t pay NYS taxes. I believe we pay out more than we receive back in from NYS
There was an article in Newsday a long while ago which showed just how much LI sends to Albany and the fraction of which is returned.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:15 AM

1,300 posts, read 582,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I know it wasn’t a Blakeman suit, regardless this has become a personal power trip with her. Just look at some of the comments she has made. The state legislature has so far shown no inclination to pass any form of mandate (especially with Covid on the decline in NY again) , and 2022 elections are just around the corner. They even took away some of Cuomo’s power to enforce more without their approval.
I'm not saying they will or won't or even should, but they are empowered to do so. People need to read into what this ruling IS and what it ISN'T. It is primarily about process, not content.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:21 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,249,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsifal View Post
The point is that people are tired of rules by executive fiat. Bring it to the legislature if you want it to be law. Let’s see who has the guts to support it, given how polarizing this topic has become.
Oh no the legislature is to tricky and sleazy for that. Anything controversial gets put in the budget bill. Therefore the members get cover. I was against bail reform, gambling legal weed ...blah blah blah...but I had to vote Yes on the budget because seniors need heat, and little Johnny needs his playground rebuilt.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:23 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,803,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
I'm not saying they will or won't or even should, but they are empowered to do so. People need to read into what this ruling IS and what it ISN'T. It is primarily about process, not content.
Fair enough.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:58 AM

5,098 posts, read 3,993,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
Yes.

And the maskers and their children are free to cover their faces to their heart’s content.

So, everybody should be satisfied by the ruling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island