Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 03:46 PM

61 posts, read 33,459 times

Advertisements

Beware and get alarms and security cams if you can. and be on look out for close by neighbors.

I am couple minutes off on LIE Exit 43 in Syosset.
and a corner house and the house across from me had a break in around 11 am broad daylight. home was broken into through rear windows and they brazenly just went through the fence gate so even if its annoying try to lock your fence gate if you can.

spoke to the detectives and the cops that showed up and apparently there been an ongoing theft and break ins in and across nassau(specifically Syosset Jericho and plainview area).

be safe guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 08:12 PM

1,473 posts, read 764,046 times
Read up on the Chilean burglary ring. They were arrested 2 years ago. Release on no bail. And charges dropped due to “covid”. They made millions.

https://patch.com/new-york/mineola/n...eform-fox-news

They are possibly sitting on a beach based on the article or maybe they are back.

https://www.newsday.com/amp/news/hea...h-shore-d10616

Plus car thefts

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/newyork/...urging-thefts/

Plus car part thefts

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/catalyti...sau-county.amp

Lock everything you can.

Old 05-29-2022, 11:22 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,523,421 times
This state has a case of the donkey pox.

Old 05-30-2022, 04:52 AM

1,213 posts, read 569,022 times
I heard property crime is getting really really bad in SS Nassau, especially more west.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:09 PM

5,839 posts, read 2,961,655 times
Have cameras, alarm and some lighting around your house.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Have cameras, alarm and some lighting around your house.
Yes. That way you can post the images or video on Facebook and complain about how you called the cops and they say there isn’t much they can do. Because if you go out and confront the perpetrator and the perp gets injured, you will be arrested and sued.

Old 06-02-2022, 10:21 AM

5,839 posts, read 2,961,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Yes. That way you can post the images or video on Facebook and complain about how you called the cops and they say there isn’t much they can do. Because if you go out and confront the perpetrator and the perp gets injured, you will be arrested and sued.
WEll then, set bear traps all around.

Old 06-02-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
WEll then, set bear traps all around.
That’s the screwed up part. You CAN’T do that. It’s illegal.
You WILL go to jail and you WILL be sued.
What a country right? Hell, if you have guard dogs, or actually any dog for that matter, if someone enters your property WITHOUT permission aka trespassing, you and your dogs can and will be held liable if they are attacked. America sucks now. It’s the wuss nation.

Old 06-02-2022, 12:06 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,334,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
That’s the screwed up part. You CAN’T do that. It’s illegal.
You WILL go to jail and you WILL be sued.
What a country right? Hell, if you have guard dogs, or actually any dog for that matter, if someone enters your property WITHOUT permission aka trespassing, you and your dogs can and will be held liable if they are attacked. America sucks now. It’s the wuss nation.
You need control of your cameras also. I have ring doorbell (doesn’t go to cloud) other cameras I have the data is stored on flash drives. For the reasons you stated. If I do something it won’t be on video. All I have to do is remove the drive smash it with a hammer and data is gone.

Old 06-02-2022, 01:31 PM

690 posts, read 585,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
You need control of your cameras also. I have ring doorbell (doesn’t go to cloud) other cameras I have the data is stored on flash drives. For the reasons you stated. If I do something it won’t be on video. All I have to do is remove the drive smash it with a hammer and data is gone.
Didn't Aaron Hernandez try that once?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: