Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 05:52 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
The police don't install the "traffic" cameras. That's purely the state and local government. All the police do, is enforce the "laws", which are becoming fewer and fewer.

You are correct in that an auto ticket for no insurance, would result in them ignoring it. If you drive around without insurance, I'm sure you're not concerned with tickets.
I know how it works. I'm in agreement with you. Im not blaming the police at all. I'm saying we vote for local govs that install the cams. If we the taxpayer didn't want it it would be dismantled tomorrow. Those of us that own homes want the reckless drivers off the streets. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2022, 11:43 AM

235 posts, read 248,263 times
Under "Automotive" I came across a long thread of a hundred posts on this topic. It's not specific to one state. Some of the discussion is helpful.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/auto...e-readers.html

Old 08-10-2022, 04:53 PM

Thanks. I wonder how many of us want the cams and how many don't. I don't want em.

Old 08-12-2022, 05:15 PM

958 posts, read 1,106,810 times
How about the truth
100% money maker.
I bet anyone here . Just wait a Week or two when the first non white gets pull over . [ oh or maybe no English]
RACISTS.

Old 08-13-2022, 11:12 AM

121 posts, read 166,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Thanks. I wonder how many of us want the cams and how many don't. I don't want em.
I want the cameras.

I have been caught 4 times in my life by red-light cameras, none of them in NY. I deserved all of them.

[The only legitimate complaint some people have against them is the "didn't come to 1000% percent stop on a right-on-red / going 1 mph" - which I don't even know if they ticket against any more but they did in Los Angeles in the early days.]

A bad T-bone accident with injuries can cost society easily over a million dollars.

The biggest whiners are the miserable Archie Bunker-types who feel they shouldn't have to pay for anything and are angry at everything.

Last edited by Downtown Dave; 08-13-2022 at 11:27 AM..

Old 08-13-2022, 12:04 PM

690 posts, read 585,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Dave View Post
I want the cameras.

I have been caught 4 times in my life by red-light cameras, none of them in NY. I deserved all of them.

[The only legitimate complaint some people have against them is the "didn't come to 1000% percent stop on a right-on-red / going 1 mph" - which I don't even know if they ticket against any more but they did in Los Angeles in the early days.]

A bad T-bone accident with injuries can cost society easily over a million dollars.

The biggest whiners are the miserable Archie Bunker-types who feel they shouldn't have to pay for anything and are angry at everything.
Says the guy complaining about a dilapidated LIRR station with no bathroom. I don't think most would have an issue with cameras, if the money was used properly.

As with any "income" to Nassau, and I'm assuming Suffolk county, it goes into the black hole of corruption, never to be seen again. While the infrastructure crumbles, and most of LI looks like it's stuck in the 50's. But hey, it's cool, keep sucking money, any way you can out of residents.

Old 08-14-2022, 09:21 PM

I'm not a fan of the plate scanners because it's a slippery slope. But seems like all privacy is dead anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island