Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 01:34 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,144,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
What is a typical fee to stage a 3BR home in the average neighborhood?
That really varies. Different stagers - different number of rooms (rarely used for an entire house, unless it's high end) - quality of furniture - different props, etc. all affect the cost.
More often than not, it pays off in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2022, 06:33 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,099,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I had another question regarding listings, I have an insured who sold their home 2 weeks ago so I wanted to view the listing to see what the inside of home looked like and the yard. The only photo was the front of the house. Is that because the seller did not want to show pictures of the rest of the home? FYI this insured is very paranoid she said they moved out of state because NY is dangerous and crime is terrible and the schools are terrible here. I was just curious.
My guess would be she was afraid to show the inside to a potential robber, if she was that concerned. How far off the asking price did it sell for? That may be an indicator -but as Elke indicated it could be any number of reasons.

Also try looking the house up on Redfin, and scroll down in the listing, not just the main picture, they had the old pictures of our house up for ever there.

Old 09-03-2022, 06:54 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
A half a million dollars for that little flipped renno on a busy street. Smh.

What in the world is going on out here. Lol.
Supply and demand. Simply. They ain't making more land.

Old 09-03-2022, 06:55 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,935 times
Quote:
I'm assuming the price is justified cause of the neighborhood being safe and a good school district.

Old 09-03-2022, 07:14 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,238,625 times
Default MLSLI Listings on Long Island look photo shopped

Quote:
I have a question lately I have been noticing listings online for homes that are for sale and it looks as if the outside photos of the home are photo shopped. Is that true that real estate agencies do this? I also sell home insurance so when I look up homes online to get an idea of what they look like inside and out I notice that some not all look photo shopped. one example is the house behind me. Someone bought it and flipped it. I went to an open house last month and they did a really nice job however the yard looked like it was untouched and overgrown as it has always been since 2003. When you look at the photos of the outside of the house they make the front and back yard of the house look as if it was landscaped and it has not been.
I think that is false advertising. If you go see the home and see the yard in person you will see it looks horrible but online it looks very nice. Just wondering why this is done. Anyway it's under contract now so someone bought it and will probably do the yard to their liking.
I have been looking for a while and I noticed this ALOT.

Driveways and sometimes entire lawns and gardens are photoshopped. Inside the house, trick camera work is done to make rooms larger (I HATE when they do that). If the owners have left, then the real estate will sometimes bring in fake furniture (especially beds and couches) that are undersized to make the rooms look larger.

When looking at a house - always do a street view. Since the street view (or something like google maps) is often a few years old you will often find that the sellers have only recently put up new white vinyl fences or paved the driveway. This cost some money but enables them to sell the house for say a hundred thousand dollars more then they would have got.

People think that if the front of the house looks nice, then the whole property and house itself is also. But that is often not the case. Sometimes the owners have neglected the property and are trying to disguise it by spending a few thousands on front curb appeal or a cheap redo of the kitchen in order to sell it for much more then they would have got.

I see evidence of this all the time, people sprucing up the front of their house, which they have neglected for years, suddenly with new fences or bushes just so they can sell it.

Last edited by LINative; 09-03-2022 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: spelling mistakes all over the place!

Old 09-03-2022, 07:27 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
My guess would be she was afraid to show the inside to a potential robber, if she was that concerned. How far off the asking price did it sell for? That may be an indicator -but as Elke indicated it could be any number of reasons.

Also try looking the house up on Redfin, and scroll down in the listing, not just the main picture, they had the old pictures of our house up for ever there.
The house is in Ronkonkoma Connetiquot schools and sold for 569,000 not sure what they were asking. but from what the add said it had a large in ground pool and that the yard looked like a vacation oasis.

Old 09-08-2022, 02:50 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,144,960 times
Quote:
Yes that's what it looked like before it was redone. The person was a hoarder from what I am told by neighbors. She never bothered anyone though and she was a woman in her 60's. All of a sudden one day there was sign up we buy homes. So who knows what happened to her.
If you want to see inside photos, DM me your email address and I'll send them to you; only five, including the outside, but the condition was awful. They paid $305k.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:11 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
If you want to see inside photos, DM me your email address and I'll send them to you; only five, including the outside, but the condition was awful. They paid $305k.
I saw the pictures of the inside of this house already.

Old 09-11-2022, 02:30 PM

717 posts, read 619,177 times
They have to make these grossly overpriced homes look pretty for the camera !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: