Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2022, 02:09 AM

791 posts, read 492,853 times

Advertisements

Sure, the woke liberal scumbag can do whatever he wants but he hurts the entire area if he sells below market value. Doesn't matter who he sells to. So to the numnuts saying "mind your own business...THIS IS HER BUSINESS...LITERALLY." Your home is your greatest financial asset, for most.

I also find it funny how the "minority" racists on this board complain of "gentrification," aka too many whiteys showing up and buying/renting in black/hispanic hoods (which we all know where white to begin with) ...but when whitey complains about the opposite (the lowering of the value of their property in their hood)...it's RACIST!!!! Trust me, white people love the color green more than they prefer not to see the color black/brown in their hood. If you can raise their home values, regardless of one's color, well then...come on in!!!

To the OP. I understand why you are concerned. Massappequa is a stronghold for the historically white working class on LI. It would take a few years of this kind of stuff to really impact the value of homes in the area, unless we are all to believe there are suddenly loads of upper class black/hispanic buyers looking to pay market/above market value...which we know isn't likely true. It's all about supply/demand. But make no mistake about it, there is a large political element in this country and especially in NY that is trying to "bust up" white neighborhoods. It's now a bad thing to liberals if an area is all white. Knowing this, you may want to sell while your value is still high and gtfo of NY all together. Also if you notice single family homes being bought by developers and turned into multi family rentals, that's your cue for sure to get out.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:28 AM

22,686 posts, read 36,856,332 times
A guy who grew up inMassapequa doesn’t belong to a minority church, probably still lives there himself and isn’t going to be interested in upending the school district his kids likely attend. NO ONE wants to have contact with people who bought their house and they CERTAINLY aren’t going to be responsible for the property taxes for the rest of their life.
If you’re “quite wealthy” there are many other better ways to help people.

And if you were planning all this you wouldn’t tell your HS friends mom in the produce aisle of stop and shop because you know the lynch mob would be arriving in short order.

Let’s all move past this stupid story that has more holes than a pile of Swiss cheese.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:57 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,939,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
A guy who grew up inMassapequa doesn’t belong to a minority church, probably still lives there himself and isn’t going to be interested in upending the school district his kids likely attend. NO ONE wants to have contact with people who bought their house and they CERTAINLY aren’t going to be responsible for the property taxes for the rest of their life.
If you’re “quite wealthy” there are many other better ways to help people.

And if you were planning all this you wouldn’t tell your HS friends mom in the produce aisle of stop and shop because you know the lynch mob would be arriving in short order.

Let’s all move past this stupid story that has more holes than a pile of Swiss cheese.
Who knows for sure? Not me for certain. This is an anonymous forum & the LI forum has a history of that lame old ‘Locals Only’ bullying tactics with the de rigeur hostility to new comers. It is honestly disheartening at times.

The OP has not returned to dispel the rumors or to clarify, are you saying you have the impression the OP is a sock puppet of a disgruntled LIer &/or NYer?

Old 09-04-2022, 08:18 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,038,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
Sure, the woke liberal scumbag can do whatever he wants but he hurts the entire area if he sells below market value. Doesn't matter who he sells to. So to the numnuts saying "mind your own business...THIS IS HER BUSINESS...LITERALLY." Your home is your greatest financial asset, for most.

I also find it funny how the "minority" racists on this board complain of "gentrification," aka too many whiteys showing up and buying/renting in black/hispanic hoods (which we all know where white to begin with) ...but when whitey complains about the opposite (the lowering of the value of their property in their hood)...it's RACIST!!!! Trust me, white people love the color green more than they prefer not to see the color black/brown in their hood. If you can raise their home values, regardless of one's color, well then...come on in!!!

To the OP. I understand why you are concerned. Massappequa is a stronghold for the historically white working class on LI. It would take a few years of this kind of stuff to really impact the value of homes in the area, unless we are all to believe there are suddenly loads of upper class black/hispanic buyers looking to pay market/above market value...which we know isn't likely true. It's all about supply/demand. But make no mistake about it, there is a large political element in this country and especially in NY that is trying to "bust up" white neighborhoods. It's now a bad thing to liberals if an area is all white. Knowing this, you may want to sell while your value is still high and gtfo of NY all together. Also if you notice single family homes being bought by developers and turned into multi family rentals, that's your cue for sure to get out.
So easily trolled... your weak mind is influenced into going on these rants without hesitation... feel sorry for you living on edge like this all the time.

The OP's story is utter nonsense... but you are way too blinded by your social media choices that you believe "they" are coming for.

Sad.

Old 09-04-2022, 09:25 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,525,790 times
The grandson sounds like a scumbag. I strongly suspect that wherever he lives is 99.9% white/Asian and he wouldn't do what he's doing if it was his own neighborhood. This is the sort of stuff we used to gather angry mobs for.

Old 09-04-2022, 09:34 AM

720 posts, read 622,926 times
At least you know you do have a a racist one way hater across from you. Now your suspicions have been confirmed

Old 09-04-2022, 10:54 AM

690 posts, read 586,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
How are my comments weird? I just told a story that actually occurred.
I think he was referring to the sons comments. This is how I understood it.

Old 09-04-2022, 11:55 AM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 2 days ago)

8,820 posts, read 21,299,824 times
thread closed .... it sort of degenerated to complaints and insults .

I really do not know what that poster is talking about when he said that
his posts were edited and removed . Not by me , anyway . I only removed
crude language , but that was not his post .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: