Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 07:52 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,748,746 times

Advertisements

How can anyone vote for her?

Zeldin clearly won that debate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 08:12 AM

7,520 posts, read 4,388,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
How can anyone vote for her?

Zeldin clearly won that debate
I agree but in New York all that matters is if a politician has a (D) after their name. Even after all the damage that party has done. It used to be called "The Empire State" it's now become "The Vampire State" as it sucks the economic life blood out of those that are stuck living there. In particular the middle class. I hope that Zeldin wins but the Democrat controlled legislature has to go along with a Zeldin win. Otherwise you'd better believe that Zeldin will be blamed for all of New York's problems both past and present. I'm just so glad that I'm outta' there.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:17 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,556,045 times
Democrats have no record of achievement locally or nationally then can talk about.
So all they can talk about is Trump (democracy is at stake!!!) and non existent abortion crisis in NY. Meanwhile NY (and the nation) is falling apart.

I'm making escape plans to Florida because even though I know most people will vote for Zeldin, those magical midnight mail in ballot dumps that all 100% will vote for Hochul will elect her.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:18 AM

6,462 posts, read 4,993,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I agree but in New York all that matters is if a politician has a (D) after their name. Even after all the damage that party has done. It used to be called "The Empire State" it's now become "The Vampire State" as it sucks the economic life blood out of those that are stuck living there. In particular the middle class. I hope that Zeldin wins but the Democrat controlled legislature has to go along with a Zeldin win. Otherwise you'd better believe that Zeldin will be blamed for all of New York's problems both past and present. I'm just so glad that I'm outta' there.
Amen to that. Love the Vampire State moniker, I moved 6 years ago and never looked back. I watched the debate until my computer overheated. Zeldin looked and sounded great. For New York's' sake I hope he wins. I got a phone call the other day extolling the student loans forgiveness and I kept repeating I don't have any student loans. I quickly caught on it was a Democratic voting call and hung up.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:29 AM

5,097 posts, read 3,991,847 times
Remember, the Dems got DeBlasio into office twice so they are not voting based on brains or competence.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:10 AM

544 posts, read 946,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Remember, the Dems got DeBlasio into office twice so they are not voting based on brains or competence.
That's it in a nutshell.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:17 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,801,078 times
Quote:
This exactly! Deblasio also had an abysmal approval rating too. Still won no problem.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:31 AM

Quote:
It's a bird's of a feather type of thing. Those voting for Democrats have no brains or competence either.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Amen to that. Love the Vampire State moniker, I moved 6 years ago and never looked back. I watched the debate until my computer overheated. Zeldin looked and sounded great. For New York's' sake I hope he wins. I got a phone call the other day extolling the student loans forgiveness and I kept repeating I don't have any student loans. I quickly caught on it was a Democratic voting call and hung up.
For us it's now over 12 years and never looked back. We just hated living in New York State, realized it was a hopeless cause and got out. Life out here in the Great American Southwest is a life we could only dream about had we stayed in New York. We are finally living instead of struggling to make ends meet because of the costs of living in such a God awful state.

Our property taxes went from almost $12,000 a year on an 1100 sq. ft. 3bdr. 1bth home in the semi run down City of Peekskill to under $2,000 a year for a 4bdr. 2bth. 2,000 sq.ft. home in a desirable neighborhood in a desirable town in Arizona. In the 12 years that we've lived here our taxes only went up by some $200. We have all of the amenities that some New Yorkers like to brag about in order to justify their astronomical property taxes and overall costs of living. I'm guessing that we save about $20,000 a year. That's $20,000 to spend or save as we see fit instead of watching it disappear into the giant cesspool of corruption which is New York's state, local governments and public education cartel.

When compared to the Great American Southwest and other parts of the country. There really is no reason on God's green earth why it has to cost so much to live in a state like New York. What's so great about New York that makes it so expensive to live there? NOTHING! You really have to experience living in another state to understand that.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:16 AM

2,441 posts, read 6,279,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
For us it's now over 12 years and never looked back. We just hated living in New York State, realized it was a hopeless cause and got out. Life out here in the Great American Southwest is a life we could only dream about had we stayed in New York. We are finally living instead of struggling to make ends meet because of the costs of living in such a God awful state.
How many years are you going to post the same thing over and over and over. FYI - property values in Peekskill are through the roof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island