Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 10:36 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
He might win
I voted for him, he won't get my vote again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2023, 10:42 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,952,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilawyer View Post
Rep. Santos announced his intention to run again next year, in a post on Twitter: “ANNOUNCEMENT: I am proudly announcing my bid for reelection for #NY03. This is about TAKING BACK our country and restoring greatness back to New York.”

Anyone out there not laughing?

Hate to admit it, but Santos makes Trump look good.
Although Santos’ lies didn’t force him out of his race, as was the case with Biden and the stolen speech, it’s still not a good situation.

Nowadays when Biden doesn’t tell the truth his pals in the press note he’s ‘forgetful’. Very.

Old 04-18-2023, 12:53 PM

629 posts, read 962,224 times
Gotta give him credit though, as his first bill was to increase the SALT limit. If he's responsible for getting this passed, something Democrats in this state tried to do, but didn't happen, then I'd actually somewhat like the guy.

Old 04-18-2023, 03:10 PM

427 posts, read 153,912 times
You guys are still talking about this dude? I hope he wins again just to make y'all miserable.

Old 04-18-2023, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
Uhhhh, what about the fact that our current president, had to withdrawal from a previous presidential race due to lying? They're all a bunch of liars. I find it comical that santos got away with this.
No sure being smarter than Biden qualifies as smart. But I see your point.

Old 04-19-2023, 06:42 AM

290 posts, read 583,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
I voted for him, he won't get my vote again.

If you don't mind, may I ask why? Not a dig or looking for an argument; just curious...

Old 04-19-2023, 06:50 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey95 View Post
If you don't mind, may I ask why? Not a dig or looking for an argument; just curious...
His values are not my values. I voted for him because he had an R next to his name and I hoped for the best. Shame on me, he turned out to be a pathological liar over a span of years.

Old 04-19-2023, 08:11 AM

690 posts, read 584,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
His values are not my values. I voted for him because he had an R next to his name and I hoped for the best. Shame on me, he turned out to be a pathological liar over a span of years.
Being a pathological liar is the #1 qualification to be a politician. We need more every day people to run and represent us. Like Ed Durr in NJ. People with real life experience, not political hacks whose only life experience has been being on a government payroll, sucking taxpayers dry. Lifelong losers, every.single.one.

Old 04-20-2023, 01:59 PM

Oddly enough, the Dems haven’t been screeching about Senator Fetterman and fitness for office.

One suspects they aren’t fully aware of the situation given the “coverage” in their media.

Old 04-20-2023, 02:51 PM

427 posts, read 153,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Oddly enough, the Dems haven’t been screeching about Senator Fetterman and fitness for office.

One suspects they aren’t fully aware of the situation given the “coverage” in their media.
The Democrats have more party discipline and far fewer cucks than the GOP. We have people in these Santos threads saying they'd let a Democrat win rather than elect someone who fibbed about their qualifications.

The left didn't even bother really defending Fetterman - and didn't need to, since their early ballot harvesting machine had already elected the guy before that disastrous debate. Nor should they. Except for those rare swing votes like Manchin or Sinema, the entire party votes in lockstep. Whether it's Fetterman or Fetterman's wife remote controlling a Fetterman zombie, the outcome is the same.

When radicals take power, they don't care if you were "principled' right or "radical right". Hell, they don't even care if you voted blue if you aren't sufficiently radical. But these people won't know how bad it is until they're at the business end of a pointy stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island