Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 09:12 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,125,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I was wondering if any of these girls were from Long Island that were killed. I don't think there is more than one serial Killer.
multiple serial killers do not sump bodies in the same place that's my feeling. My husband thinks some were from New Jersey.
I hear they are looking in Vegas and other states too related to this case. Imagine being married to someone who is leading a double life. How he was able to hide it so well amazes me but then again maybe his wife was told never to question any of his outside activities.
I don't know about the wife. I am not claiming to be the sharpest tool in the shed, but there was a false wall in the basement and she didn't know about it? He had 92 REGISTERED guns and 200-300 hidden in the false wall room. You are totally clueless?? How is that even possible? Don't you know that the house is say 35 x 50 and the basement is only 20 x 40? I guess as an architect he had a way to design and hide the room, but unless the inside of that house looked different than the outside it looked very ramshackle and hardly suggestive of a creative room. If the room was that much of a mess what would the purpose of all those guns be - if you could not access them?

In all honesty, I am jealous, a neighbor here and I have had this convo many times, that we want to come back as oblivious as some of the people we hear about. I was born responsible and curious. I can't imagine my husband having 92 guns and me not knowing about it - unless they were all identical. There are just too many things about this relationship that make me question what kind of dolts both she and the daughter are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2023, 10:18 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I don't know about the wife. I am not claiming to be the sharpest tool in the shed, but there was a false wall in the basement and she didn't know about it? He had 92 REGISTERED guns and 200-300 hidden in the false wall room. You are totally clueless?? How is that even possible? Don't you know that the house is say 35 x 50 and the basement is only 20 x 40? I guess as an architect he had a way to design and hide the room, but unless the inside of that house looked different than the outside it looked very ramshackle and hardly suggestive of a creative room. If the room was that much of a mess what would the purpose of all those guns be - if you could not access them?

In all honesty, I am jealous, a neighbor here and I have had this convo many times, that we want to come back as oblivious as some of the people we hear about. I was born responsible and curious. I can't imagine my husband having 92 guns and me not knowing about it - unless they were all identical. There are just too many things about this relationship that make me question what kind of dolts both she and the daughter are.
Look at Richard Kuklinski (the ice man) he was a hit man for the mob and his wife had no idea he was killing people. She was told to keep her mouth shut and not ask any questions and that's exactly what she did. One Christmas Eve he went out to do a hit on a guy that owed money. Came back and helped his wife wrap gifts and put a bicycle together.

Old 07-21-2023, 12:51 PM

544 posts, read 940,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
After watching a few videos about the cases. It seems like the villain or supporting villains here are the mayor of Suffolk County and the Police Commissioner. Both found guilty of corruption and obstruction of justice but likely tampered or cause evidence not to be accessible by detectives until the FBIs got involved.

It allowed the suspect to commit more murders. He could be responsible for dozens more victims.

You folks in Suffolk should've voted out the mayor and his scumbag Police Commissioner.
There is no 'Mayor of Suffolk County'. I believe you meant the PC and the DA?

Old 07-21-2023, 12:55 PM

544 posts, read 940,705 times
Quote:

I have to wonder if the false wall was there earlier -- like when his parents were alive and residing there. Same could be said for some of the firearms.

There are some oblivious people who don't have the ability to envision what the hypothetical measurements you mentioned look like. All homes do not have full basements, either. Not defending the wife, just some experience we've had with clients and measurements.

Old 07-21-2023, 01:35 PM

7 posts, read 26,494 times
Quote:
I don't know about the wife. I am not claiming to be the sharpest tool in the shed, but there was a false wall in the basement and she didn't know about it?

She could have known about the secret room and the guns, but not know the rest of the story.

If she DID know about the secret room and the guns, she'd be smart to deny it, regardless of her level of innocence and knowledge.

Old 07-21-2023, 01:48 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,969,781 times
The news said he’s on suicide watch.. I am hoping that they mean to “watch him do it”, but I doubt it’s the case. They’re probably gonna give him the death penalty so I guess that they need to keep him from killing himself so that they can do it…. In the interest of justice.
IMHO it’s time to call HRC and tell her that he’s got dirt on her and he’s getting ready to spill the beans.
He’d be gone in a matter of days at a significant cost saving to the taxpayers. Win win!

Old 07-21-2023, 03:21 PM

13,057 posts, read 18,125,715 times
Re: his wife

I honestly can't imagine anyone that I know that would be that oblivious. Back in the 50's and even the 60's when women were mostly in the home and took care of the kids and grocery shopping and were essentially "homemakers", I could understand it. But not for anyone who was born in the mid 60's to be that naive and oblivious to what is going on around her. That said, her reported reply of "Ok, it is what it is" might indicate that she had at least some degree of suspicion that he was slightly left of center. I am not suggesting that she had any knowledge nor participated in this at all, even I doubt that, but I am only suggesting that even if she didn't voice it - she had to know he was "off".

Old 07-22-2023, 08:52 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,773,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
The news said he’s on suicide watch.. I am hoping that they mean to “watch him do it”, but I doubt it’s the case. They’re probably gonna give him the death penalty so I guess that they need to keep him from killing himself so that they can do it…. In the interest of justice.
IMHO it’s time to call HRC and tell her that he’s got dirt on her and he’s getting ready to spill the beans.
He’d be gone in a matter of days at a significant cost saving to the taxpayers. Win win!
No death penalty in NY. Multiple life sentences is the worst he can get.

Old 07-22-2023, 11:13 PM

2,447 posts, read 1,221,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I was wondering if any of these girls were from Long Island that were killed. I don't think there is more than one serial Killer.
multiple serial killers do not sump bodies in the same place that's my feeling. My husband thinks some were from New Jersey.
I hear they are looking in Vegas and other states too related to this case. Imagine being married to someone who is leading a double life. How he was able to hide it so well amazes me but then again maybe his wife was told never to question any of his outside activities.
None were originally from LI. Amber Costello was living in Babylon at the time, but not originally from LI.

Old 07-23-2023, 09:57 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
As someone who invests in real estate and is a business owner as well, I'm surprised that an architect would live in a dilapidated house like this: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...31308271_zpid/

I know this house was inherited from his father but come on, he could have done a number of upgrades to the property to make it look nicer. Being a skilled architect, he had the knowledge and I'm sure the contacts to make the place look nicer.

This is not to mention the creepy contents and guns in the house: https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news...-draw-gawkers/

The reason why I'm mentioning all of this is because it's clear that he was not well and who knows what other terrible stuff he has been involved in/done over the past few decades.
It’s quite common. Did you ever hear about the shoemaker who has no shoes? I have been to plenty of carpenters houses who leave walls open down to the studs because they never get around to finishing. Electricians with wires hanging out all over the place. It seems that if they aren’t making money in their own house, they just put it at the bottom of their priority list..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island