Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2023, 02:25 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ahh yes, lets go with a bunch of conspiracy sites, birther sites and others.

Looked through a handful of those, a bunch did not address any actual votes that counted. Others are issues which could have happened with or without mail in ballots What was it like 61 lost court cases about one crazy conspiracy after another with no evidence.

As far as voter ID, I would have little problem with voter ID if people didn't have to pay to get an ID, but that never seems to be part of the bills

Why don't those who are against mail in ballots complain about Utah or Alaska? Why didn't those who complain about mail ballots make Arizona an issue 30 years ago when the GOP Legislature expanded it or over a decade ago when the GOP Legislature passed more expansive no excuse absentee ballots? It couldn't possibly be because the way those states typically vote or did at the time could it? Why are those who for years and years voted absentee suddenly have an issue when other people can do so as well?
That shows how ignorant you are on the subject, most of the voter id laws have no cost provisions for those who can’t afford it.(which let’s face it is a beyond tiny % of the population). Some even provide free transportation if you don’t have any! But still they claim it’s “voter suppression”

Alaska, Oregon etc are unique extremely rural states where in person voting is just flat out impractical when the nearest polling place is hours away. I have no issue with mail in voting in those places because it makes sense. Where I do have issue is NYC or Philadelphia where there is a polling place on every other corner and no need for it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2023, 02:27 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
Typical liberal, arguing in bad faith.

Q. There's no evidence.

A. Here's a mountain of it. (Here's another mountain: https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...fraudcases.pdf)

Q. It's not all from my preferred sources so those are conspiracies.

So here's where we could go off on a tangent about how your preferred sources are establishment propaganda, and since the establishment benefits from loose voting laws, they're obviously not going to give you any reason to doubt the veracity of mail-in voting (or other methods which increase fraud). But you know what? Who cares. You're too far gone to convince anyway.

For the benefit of the non-posters still reading, here's a good discussion of how mail-in fraud is actually done, by someone who has done it:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/29/politi...il-in-ballots/

Part of it is mail-in ballots getting "lost" by friendly civil service employees, some of it is ballot harvesting (which is virtually impossible to detect until well after the election), etc. A smaller amount is in-person fraud like shuttling around people to vote multiple times, operatives paying people to show up to the polls, etc.

There are hundreds of thousands of "phantom voters" just in NYC, which the Board of Elections refuses to remove. I wonder why that could be?

https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/ny-off...-on-the-rolls/

Hint: It's because they use those names to cast fake votes. Remember this video?

https://youtu.be/jUDTcxIqqM0

Probably not. The (Democrat) New York City Commissioner of the Board of Elections, Alan Schulkin, was caught on camera a few years ago admitting that there's lots of voter fraud, that Democrats in the city bus people from site to site, that the city's municipal ID program is filled with fraud, and that even he doesn't know where thousands of the absentee ballots come from. Spoiler alert: he was fired soon after this video surfaced.

They're all just conspiracy theories, though, if it makes you sleep better at night.
Great post.

Old 09-22-2023, 03:07 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
That shows how ignorant you are on the subject, most of the voter id laws have no cost provisions for those who can’t afford it.(which let’s face it is a beyond tiny % of the population). Some even provide free transportation if you don’t have any! But still they claim it’s “voter suppression”

Alaska, Oregon etc are unique extremely rural states where in person voting is just flat out impractical when the nearest polling place is hours away. I have no issue with mail in voting in those places because it makes sense. Where I do have issue is NYC or Philadelphia where there is a polling place on every other corner and no need for it at all.
I personally prefer to vote in person, but the option to be able to vote in mail should be there for everyone, not just those who are in very rural areas, not just for rich people who may or may not travel, not just for areas that may vote a certain way. Not to mention issues with long lines of polling places among other things which do happen.

Old 09-22-2023, 03:27 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Typical liberal, arguing in bad faith.

Q. There's no evidence.

A. Here's a mountain of it. (Here's another mountain: https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...fraudcases.pdf)

Q. It's not all from my preferred sources so those are conspiracies.

So here's where we could go off on a tangent about how your preferred sources are establishment propaganda, and since the establishment benefits from loose voting laws, they're obviously not going to give you any reason to doubt the veracity of mail-in voting (or other methods which increase fraud). But you know what? Who cares. You're too far gone to convince anyway.

For the benefit of the non-posters still reading, here's a good discussion of how mail-in fraud is actually done, by someone who has done it:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/29/politi...il-in-ballots/

Part of it is mail-in ballots getting "lost" by friendly civil service employees, some of it is ballot harvesting (which is virtually impossible to detect until well after the election), etc. A smaller amount is in-person fraud like shuttling around people to vote multiple times, operatives paying people to show up to the polls, etc.

There are hundreds of thousands of "phantom voters" just in NYC, which the Board of Elections refuses to remove. I wonder why that could be?

https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/ny-off...-on-the-rolls/

Hint: It's because they use those names to cast fake votes. Remember this video?

https://youtu.be/jUDTcxIqqM0

Probably not. The (Democrat) New York City Commissioner of the Board of Elections, Alan Schulkin, was caught on camera a few years ago admitting that there's lots of voter fraud, that Democrats in the city bus people from site to site, that the city's municipal ID program is filled with fraud, and that even he doesn't know where thousands of the absentee ballots come from. Spoiler alert: he was fired soon after this video surfaced.

They're all just conspiracy theories, though, if it makes you sleep better at night.

There are issues with voter rolls which I agree should be cleaned up, this is across the board in states across the ideological spectrum, and also issues with a people who should not be removed from voter rolls which suddenly were.

As far as sources, yes we could go back & forth on various sources, but when some of it comes from the Trump White House (mail in voting is good for me, but not others) or websites that promoted birtherism, well we can go down that rabbit hole.. I just find it a bit ironic that all of the screaming about fraud by vote by mail, somehow didn't happen when it became more & more common place in states that vote or voted at the time in a certain way and then suddenly its an issues when how they vote swings or it expands to more states. I did find the whole "Stop the Count" and "Count the Votes" dueling chants in Michigan and Arizona by the same supporters depending on which way the later counted voters were trending in each state to be rather ironic. Meanwhile, I just wanted all the votes counted regardless of who it helped.

When it comes down to it, I favor policies that make it easier for more voters to vote, whether that is more early voting, expanding mail in voting, etc. That is making it easier for either the liberal on the UWS of Manhattan or the conservative in Provo, Utah and everyone in between

Old 09-22-2023, 03:41 PM

5,046 posts, read 3,952,175 times
This reminds me of the Georgia hoax (“voter suppression”) perpetuated by the Dems. Even suckered a few Dems. And Major League Baseball.

Old 09-23-2023, 05:31 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
This reminds me of the Georgia hoax (“voter suppression”) perpetuated by the Dems. Even suckered a few Dems. And Major League Baseball.
The way I see it, the way Dems define "voter suppression", is where the voters aren't offered the option of a chauffeured limousine that will pick them up at their places of residence, drive them to the polling place, then back to their homes.......while the rest of us, who aren't suppressed, manage to get there by ourselves.

Old 09-23-2023, 07:45 AM

427 posts, read 153,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
There are issues with voter rolls which I agree should be cleaned up, this is across the board in states across the ideological spectrum, and also issues with a people who should not be removed from voter rolls which suddenly were.

As far as sources, yes we could go back & forth on various sources, but when some of it comes from the Trump White House (mail in voting is good for me, but not others) or websites that promoted birtherism, well we can go down that rabbit hole.. I just find it a bit ironic that all of the screaming about fraud by vote by mail, somehow didn't happen when it became more & more common place in states that vote or voted at the time in a certain way and then suddenly its an issues when how they vote swings or it expands to more states. I did find the whole "Stop the Count" and "Count the Votes" dueling chants in Michigan and Arizona by the same supporters depending on which way the later counted voters were trending in each state to be rather ironic. Meanwhile, I just wanted all the votes counted regardless of who it helped.

When it comes down to it, I favor policies that make it easier for more voters to vote, whether that is more early voting, expanding mail in voting, etc. That is making it easier for either the liberal on the UWS of Manhattan or the conservative in Provo, Utah and everyone in between
Yah I figured you didn’t absorb anything. “When it comes down to it” I know the left is irredeemable. The best solution is going door to door with a voter registration roll and an angry mob.

Old 09-23-2023, 10:18 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Yah I figured you didn’t absorb anything. “When it comes down to it” I know the left is irredeemable. The best solution is going door to door with a voter registration roll and an angry mob.
That's how they do it in Russia, right?

(and how Saul Alinsky modeled his "Rules For Radicals" book......you know, what's now known as the 'Democrat Playbook')

Old 09-23-2023, 10:25 AM

9,401 posts, read 11,150,657 times
ONE election day. Paper ballots. Counted onsite. Photo ID and signature required. Registration required.

Electronic voting is a bad idea.

Hochul looks like the MI governor's twin sister.

Old 09-23-2023, 12:47 PM

427 posts, read 153,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
That's how they do it in Russia, right?

(and how Saul Alinsky modeled his "Rules For Radicals" book......you know, what's now known as the 'Democrat Playbook')
If this carries on much longer you're going to wish you lived in Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island