Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 10:19 AM

297 posts, read 132,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Your anecdotal observations are meaningless (and completely ridiculous lol) sorry. They are not reality. You've disproved nothing, and reject all evidence because you simply don't want to hear what contradicts your confirmation bias. We are getting nowhere fast here.
We can agree to disagree, which is fine but you are confusing anecdotal observations with highlighting facts aggregated by reputable resources; which is the opposite of rejecting evidence.

Asian Americans in New York City are more likely to hold property and less likely to be renters than other races, so they often suffer from the government’s pro-tenant policies. According to New York University’s Furman Center for Real Estate and Urban Policy, in 2019, Asian households had the highest homeownership rate in the city, at 42.2 percent. (White households were a percentage point lower.) That rate is even higher for Chinese Americans—51 percent in 2021.

It goes on to about flipping seats red by Asian dominated areas, but you already know Asian voted red in droves.

https://www.city-journal.org/article...dlord-movement

Layer on significant appreciation for these home owning Asians, and you have high net worth Asians in poverty by name(also age) but aren't struggling. Don't understand the rice comment tho - Asians eat well.

There is actually a City archive, you can see how much is owned or if anything is owed on every property in NYC. But no granular report.

https://a836-acris.nyc.gov/DS/DocumentSearch/BBLResult
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2024, 10:51 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggggs View Post
We can agree to disagree, which is fine but you are confusing anecdotal observations with highlighting facts aggregated by reputable resources; which is the opposite of rejecting evidence.

Asian Americans in New York City are more likely to hold property and less likely to be renters than other races, so they often suffer from the government’s pro-tenant policies. According to New York University’s Furman Center for Real Estate and Urban Policy, in 2019, Asian households had the highest homeownership rate in the city, at 42.2 percent. (White households were a percentage point lower.) That rate is even higher for Chinese Americans—51 percent in 2021.

It goes on to about flipping seats red by Asian dominated areas, but you already know Asian voted red in droves.

https://www.city-journal.org/article...dlord-movement

Layer on significant appreciation for these home owning Asians, and you have high net worth Asians in poverty by name(also age) but aren't struggling. Don't understand the rice comment tho - Asians eat well.

There is actually a City archive, you can see how much is owned or if anything is owed on every property in NYC. But no granular report.

https://a836-acris.nyc.gov/DS/DocumentSearch/BBLResult
LOL So you are admitting the majority of asians in NYC almost 60% are NOT in fact homeowners and therefore do not own 1 million dollar homes while collecting bottles in a shopping cart in the rain for fun. Gotcha!

Vote red in droves??? Ok now I'm starting to think you are just trolling. Most Asians have voted left for ages.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...0of%20Columbia.

Old 01-05-2024, 11:45 AM

Quote:
LOL So you are admitting the majority of asians in NYC almost 60% are NOT in fact homeowners and therefore do not own 1 million dollar homes while collecting bottles in a shopping cart in the rain for fun. Gotcha!

Vote red in droves??? Ok now I'm starting to think you are just trolling. Most Asians have voted left for ages.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...0of%20Columbia.
Again, percentages in isolation do not mean anything. Asians also had the highest population growth in the City during the past decade. So when you have 37% unestablished/poorer Asian immigrants migrating to NYC; home ownership numbers will inversely decrease as well. It distorts your numbers, until you cut out de novo and focus on existing past and existing now home ownership.

So no it doesn't change the fact the can collector is likely a millionaire home owner or that most Asians that bought in the 80's 90's and some of 2000 are millionaires.

Not trolling, I linked a NYC specific article on Asians and why they voted Red in Brooklyn and Queens and you link one of the the US and want to compare the two?? Tell me your bad with data, without saying it.

Old 01-05-2024, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Again, percentages in isolation do not mean anything. Asians also had the highest population growth in the City during the past decade. So when you have 37% unestablished/poorer Asian immigrants migrating to NYC; home ownership numbers will inversely decrease as well. It distorts your numbers, until you cut out de novo and focus on existing past and existing now home ownership.

So no it doesn't change the fact the can collector is likely a millionaire home owner or that most Asians that bought in the 80's 90's and some of 2000 are millionaires.

Not trolling, I linked a NYC specific article on Asians and why they voted Red in Brooklyn and Queens and you link one of the the US and want to compare the two?? Tell me you're bad with data, without saying it.
Your worthless anecdotes do not mean anything.

You're the one constantly using mental gymnastics to stretch your narrative when you are proved wrong again and again. It's hilarious actually. And although there are some asian areas in the city that have voted red lately (not much though TBH) if you think they are overwhelmingly voting GOP then wow, I don't know what to tell you, you are even more delusional then I thought which is really saying something.

Old 01-05-2024, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Your worthless anecdotes do not mean anything.

You're the one constantly using mental gymnastics to stretch your narrative when you are proved wrong again and again. It's hilarious actually. And although there are some asian areas in the city that have voted red lately (not much though TBH) if you think they are overwhelmingly voting GOP then wow, I don't know what to tell you, you are even more delusional then I thought which is really saying something.

I am not even offering an anecdote but how to accurately access data - yet you keep on repeating the same claims?(sign you have nothing intelligent to offer) You are not even disputing any facts but throwing out incorrect general percentages for the sake of arguing

So lets see you explain the flaw...

1. 15 yr mortgage were the norm from 80s-00s in NYC
2. A person buy house for 150-300k(multi family) with 15 yr mortgage
3. Neighborhood rises to over 1 mill in 25 yrs due to significant appreciation
4. House is paid off in 15 yrs, 10 more yrs of savings
5. Even at 30 yr mortgage, they are nearly paid off and still over 1 mill net worth
6. Person is ready to retire or even retired and collecting SS due to income
7. Labeled as poverty but far from struggling or poor

This is not only solely an Asian thing as many who bought during similar timeframes benefited and have the same stories. The areas with high concentrations of Asians tho continued to grow at a higher rate...again luck and timing.

Other examples are the Polish in Greenpoint but multi mil, Williamsburg really was a mix and crap hole but also multimillionaires, then there is LIC and Astoria with the Greeks, Russians in Brighton Beach/Sheepshead.

Bought and sold few houses, started in 2012, even I'm near the 7 digit mark in growth just buying the right area(luck)...so if your not close or can't see what 30-40 yrs can do for avg worker- don't feel too bad, your day will come too.

Last edited by Uggggs; 01-05-2024 at 08:40 PM..

Old 01-06-2024, 06:14 AM

Quote:
I am not even offering an anecdote but how to accurately access data - yet you keep on repeating the same claims?(sign you have nothing intelligent to offer) You are not even disputing any facts but throwing out incorrect general percentages for the sake of arguing

5. Even at 30 yr mortgage, they are nearly paid off and still over 1 mill net worth

This is not only solely an Asian thing as many who bought during similar timeframes benefited and have the same stories. The areas with high concentrations of Asians tho continued to grow at a higher rate...again luck and timing.

Other examples are the Polish in Greenpoint but multi mil, Williamsburg really was a mix and crap hole but also multimillionaires, then there is LIC and Astoria with the Greeks, Russians in Brighton Beach/Sheepshead.

Bought and sold few houses, started in 2012, even I'm near the 7 digit mark in growth just buying the right area(luck)...so if your not close or can't see what 30-40 yrs can do for avg worker- don't feel too bad, your day will come too.
I’m not even going to bother reading your rant because it’s at waste of time. We are just going in circles at this point. We are done.

Old 01-07-2024, 08:07 PM

1,239 posts, read 311,180 times
Quote:

This is spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island