Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 05:25 AM

106,683 posts, read 108,856,202 times

Advertisements

It’s not cheap and both my wife and I have permits so the renewals are x2

We have nyc permits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2024, 01:47 PM

718 posts, read 620,595 times
Other states follow the constitution. No permits or licenses! Unfortunately ny , California etc don't follow the law of the land and make up subjective restrictions as they go along since it's an anti gun state.

Old 04-20-2024, 03:44 PM

249 posts, read 124,861 times
To me, what Bruce Blakeman wants to do is basically no different than when businesses or organizations hire armed security guards, so I really don't get why this is such a big deal to anyone, unless you're one of the criminal-coddlers.

As for retired and off-duty police stepping in to protect a stranger, despite the way they're scrutinized under NY law, the former and current police I know still wouldn't hesitate to jump in to help. It's in their nature. That's what makes them so incredibly amazing.

Old 04-21-2024, 08:11 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienL View Post
To me, what Bruce Blakeman wants to do is basically no different than when businesses or organizations hire armed security guards, so I really don't get why this is such a big deal to anyone, unless you're one of the criminal-coddlers.

As for retired and off-duty police stepping in to protect a stranger, despite the way they're scrutinized under NY law, the former and current police I know still wouldn't hesitate to jump in to help. It's in their nature. That's what makes them so incredibly amazing.
Nassau County isn't a business and we already have police and a national guard for emergencies. How many instances in our county are you aware of where a retired policeman used his gun? Blakeman claimed we need them for a disaster like Sandy, that is absurd. These aren't necessarily ex-police by the way, could be anyone and I doubt there is an interest in using their gun in Blakeman's posse.

Old 04-21-2024, 12:38 PM

412 posts, read 289,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perp smasher View Post
still to may restrictions designed to discourage civilians from getting a permit.
Is being able to form a sentence too restrictive?

Old 04-21-2024, 04:49 PM

249 posts, read 124,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Nassau County isn't a business and we already have police and a national guard for emergencies. How many instances in our county are you aware of where a retired policeman used his gun? Blakeman claimed we need them for a disaster like Sandy, that is absurd. These aren't necessarily ex-police by the way, could be anyone and I doubt there is an interest in using their gun in Blakeman's posse.
In case you haven't noticed, the world, the country, and NY specifically is a more dangerous place than it was during Sandy, thanks to the criminal-coddling state lawmakers who enacted the no cash bail laws, welcomed hundreds of thousands of unvetted illegal immigrants with open arms, and allow pro-terrorist anti-Semitic "Death to America" losers to intimidate Jewish students and take over streets and colleges. I have no problem with Bruce Blakeman proactively preparing for the worst case scenario.

Old 04-22-2024, 08:29 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
What about Suffolk County residents? I guess we are left out?

Old 04-22-2024, 07:12 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
What about Suffolk County residents? I guess we are left out?
Maybe contact your new guy and tell him you want a Suffolk County militia as well?

Old 04-23-2024, 07:59 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
maybe contact your new guy and tell him you want a suffolk county militia as well?
lol

Old 04-23-2024, 08:29 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,087,142 times
One of Blakeman's reasons for this was to protect hospitals during an emergency. Of all places, Long Island hospitals already have a lot of uniformed security officers and now many of them are armed. At LIJ, there is no shortage of aggressive security personnel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island