Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 07:51 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
I was out there last fall I couldnt beleive it, many were filthy looking skooting around on old bicycles in the baseball hats, tatterd clothes and black sneekers.
Do they have some kind of dress code to identify each other ?
That hiring hall issue is going to get squashed. It's mostly the builders and Hollywood summer people that want it

Last year there was a raid on a construction sight in Manhasset. 2 came busting over my fence breaking a couple slats into my yard. I grabbed one told him lay on the ground he started fighting with me. The guys leg was bleeding pretty bad and had saturated his pants. The cops told me most of these guys are from the povery stricken areas you can think 1/4 carry Chagas, TB or Hep C. Luckly I put him down before it started splattering next time use a bat

The agents and came, cops an ambulance the criminal ruend my afternoon BBQ.

You must be very proud of yourself.

Now, I know what the Jews went through in Nazi controlled Europe.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateny View Post
The mexicans over here in farmingville, stand out on the street all the way down horseblock rd every day starting at around 5 am you could probably count about 1,000 of them easily on any day. Now, what other immigrant group has ever done this? None, that I know of in recent times, not my people which I will leave out because it is irrelevant.
Ummm, did you ever see the movie ON THE WATERFRONT w/Marlon Brando? There used to be a time where AMERICANS and EUROPEAN IMMIGRANTS did the SAME thing. How quickly we forget?

Also, immigrants have been creating gangs since the 1800s (i.e., Irish were first, then italians, jews, etc.). EVERYBODY had their own thing going at one or another, but since TODAY'S immigrants are of a brownish hue it's an ULTIMATE EVIL that must be stamped out quickly.

I believe gangs are on par with Domestic Terrorists and should be dealt with, but the question is "How?".

Old 03-24-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushighlanders View Post
Mead, there is no need to be condescending. There is information out there about persons who came (not in shackles I may add) appearing as free people, but in actuality were dumped from the prison to the boats. These were not hardened criminals, but people who stole food or could not pay their bills, etc., petty crimes. No one said that this country was "founded" as a penal colony. I was just commenting on the original comment that other countries are sending us their "worst", as if it was a new concept. Why are you so angry about thinking that to be true of our past? Facts are facts. Many other people came for the adventure, a new life, or to avoid persecution, but there were many sent for the simple reason that if England (and probably other countries during that time) sent these people, England would not have to support/feed/etc. them any further. We probably survived best as a new country because of these "criminals" and their "do or die" attitude.
Not to burst your highlander bubble, but I have several aboriginal friends here that told me the HORRIBLE things that England's "worst of the worst" criminals did to them. One was how they would bury babies and toddlers up to their necks and slam their heads with sticks for sport.

Sounds pretty sick dontcha think.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:02 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,657,200 times
This is 2007, I don't care about what happened 100 years ago. Plus, these people didn't come from 3rd world countries at the time.

Have a nice day.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
This is 2007, I don't care about what happened 100 years ago. Plus, these people didn't come from 3rd world countries at the time.

Have a nice day.
Of course, NOW THAT THE COLOR OF THE SKIN IS DIFFERENT it's time to get crackin on the immigration issues. That's exactly how WHITE ANGLO SAXON PROTESTANTS (WASPS) felt about YOU. Many STILL do.

Let me guess, you're an ethnic white right? Probably Irish or Italian (and Catholic). Moved out from the outerboroughs (Brooklyn or Queens) when you became "middle class", but brought your racist ethnic views with you right?

When you see the majority of the people that get on the LIRR to be ONE HUE you kinda know the deal.

To the West Coast OP, you can STILL move to Long Island without fear of running into too many "brown ones". Trust.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:37 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,657,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Of course, NOW THAT THE COLOR OF THE SKIN IS DIFFERENT it's time to get crackin on the immigration issues. That's exactly how WHITE ANGLO SAXON PROTESTANTS (WASPS) felt about YOU. Many STILL do.

Let me guess, you're an ethnic white right? Probably Irish or Italian (and Catholic). Moved out from the outerboroughs (Brooklyn or Queens) when you became "middle class", but brought your racist ethnic views with you right?

When you see the majority of the people that get on the LIRR to be ONE HUE you kinda know the deal.

To the West Coast OP, you can STILL move to Long Island without fear of running into too many "brown ones". Trust.
Word. Holla.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island