Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:22 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,761,758 times

Advertisements

I think that this works better where there is an actual downtown, ie. Patchogue. The townhomes on the old CI hospital property are too removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 02:24 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
I think that this works better where there is an actual downtown, ie. Patchogue. The townhomes on the old CI hospital property are too removed.
True. I think a nice townhome development in Bayshore would probably be a good idea too.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:19 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
Yep, there are some really nice townhomes there on the grounds of the old hospital, but I would never send my kid to that school district

And, the town itself. There are hardly any stores and those that are there say BAIL BONDS HERE (whatever that is) . They really had such hopes for that town , but they just were unable to turn it around at all.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 08-28-2008, 01:28 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,805 times
Default taxes are going up and nothing will be cut

Nothing is going to be cut. Moderator cut: off topic More and more taxes and more and more bureaucracy to solve every problem. Firehouses that could hold 747's, welfare rolls longer than Northern Blvd and wasteful programs to take over the role of family in individuals lives. Taxes are going to choke the middle class back down to the working class. A pervasive attitude of tax and spend will invade all forms of government.

Last edited by Keeper; 08-28-2008 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: This thread is about LI ..

Old 08-28-2008, 04:27 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,805,176 times
Fire districts need to be merged. I live in the Gordon Heights fire districts and it is horrendous that we have the highes fire taxes on Long Island, the poorest population but yet our fire district that is supposed to be a volunteer district has at least 30 people on the payroll!!!

I also think that those who send their children to parochial or private school (maybe have an income cap) should be given a small tax break.

off my soap box.

d

Old 08-28-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Nothing is going to be cut. Moderator cut: off topic More and more taxes and more and more bureaucracy to solve every problem. Firehouses that could hold 747's, welfare rolls longer than Northern Blvd and wasteful programs to take over the role of family in individuals lives. Taxes are going to choke the middle class back down to the working class. A pervasive attitude of tax and spend will invade all forms of government.

That's what we need more of. In case you haven't noticed, a lot of these giant fire houses have been built in the last 8 years....

Last edited by Keeper; 08-28-2008 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: orphaned post/post you are referring to has been removed..

Old 08-28-2008, 01:55 PM

939 posts, read 1,845,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Right, as opposed to the borrow, spend, and start wars founded on lies ideas of the last 8 years. That's what we need more of. In case you haven't noticed, a lot of these giant fire houses have been built in the last 8 years....

Gee, if the implication is that all of these local spending things like firehouses are somehow linked to the Republicans, please let me remind you that the Democrats are firmly in control of not only Nassau and Suffolk Counties, but also the state of New York itself.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
Gee, if the implication is that all of these local spending things like firehouses are somehow linked to the Republicans, please let me remind you that the Democrats are firmly in control of not only Nassau and Suffolk Counties, but also the state of New York itself.

If you bothered to read the post that I was referring to, I was making the same point regarding the person I quoted. Moderator cut: Watch the attacks toward other people , please.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-29-2008 at 05:47 AM..

Old 08-28-2008, 02:13 PM

1,010 posts, read 3,931,608 times
Yeah... and the Republicans controlled Nassau for how many decades, drove the taxes up, and ended up getting kicked out of office because everyone got fed up. I do not think you can lay LI's tax issues on the Dems. This is about local politicians who thought that if they shoveled out the pork their jobs would be safe, and a problem that goes back decades. Don't forget, "Senator Pothole" was a Republican.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:32 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times
Have the Democrats cut taxes? If not then they are part of the problem with the tax issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island