Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 09:20 PM

983 posts, read 724,380 times

Advertisements

Interesting document:

http://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/cgi/...5&context=ealr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfitg View Post
I can appreciate the conversation going on, but this thread's purpose is to provide information about NextGen to all those who are affected by it. If you are just here to side track the real conversation, I humbly ask that you move on to another thread.

Thanks for the courtesy.
So...are you providing the info? Because it's been years and I don't see much accomplished.
And I can tell you why: no one here has what it takes to actually do something about it.

That would be get the neighbours together to make our representatives sue the faa and port authority.
The only ones that actually got something done, are the east hills guys.

Misfit, if you want info about nextgen, google it.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:42 AM

218 posts, read 267,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
So...are you providing the info? Because it's been years and I don't see much accomplished.
And I can tell you why: no one here has what it takes to actually do something about it.

That would be get the neighbours together to make our representatives sue the faa and port authority.
The only ones that actually got something done, are the east hills guys.

Misfit, if you want info about nextgen, google it.
What in the world are you talking about?

Old 02-06-2017, 10:44 AM

Letter from Avella:

February 3,2017 URGENT UPDATE

Dear Neighbor:

I am writing to you with an urgent update regarding recent developments in our efforts to eliminate

excessive noise originating from the airplanes passing overhead.

As you may already know, I previously asked Governor Cuomo to direct the Port Authority of New York

and New Jersey (Port Authority) to hire a Facilitator to ensure that the New York Community Aviation

Roundtable (Roundtable) is able to finally adopt an agreed upon set of By-Laws. The reason for this

request was due to the fact that deliberations amongst the members of the Roundtable had begun to get

very contentious and were threatening to derail the entire process of creating the Roundtable before it

could even officially begin.

A permanent Facilitator is not only imperative to the organized creation of By-Laws, but also the

continued functioning of the Roundtable so that it operates in an efficient, organized and professional

manner. As recently as late November 2016, I advised the Port Authority that until a full-time. permanent

Facilitator is appointed the Roundtable will be unable to move forward.

The importance of appointing a permanent Facilitator is in keeping with the best practices of airport

roundtables that exist around the country, including San Francisco and Los Angeles which have

permanent Facilitators working on their roundtables. You can see this in practice by going to their

websites at w.slbroundtable.org and www.lawa.oru.

Late on Wednesday, February l, officials from the Port Authority informed me that they are appointing a

“temporary facilitator” for the Roundtable who will attend a Roundtable meeting that has been scheduled

for Wednesday, February l5’. The Port Authority has stated that this “temporary facilitator” will only

be appointed for the meeting on February 15°’ for the purpose of assisting the Roundtable in adopting By

Laws. I have also been advised that the “temporary facilitator” will be Mr. Brian Simon, a former Port

Authority employee and current lobbyist for Davidoff Hutcher & Citron. While I respect Mr. Simon and

his service to the Port Authority during his tenure, the Port Authority’s decision to appoint Mr. Simon

who is now a private lobbyist as a “temporary facilitator” reflects their complete indifference toward

taking the community’s input seriously and is merely window dressing, which will do little to move this

process forward.

Let

The fact remains that the Port Authority must appoint a permanent facilitator to the Roundtable before any

further meetings of the Roundtable are scheduled.

1 am asking you to join me at my press conference to uniformly inform the Port Authority of New

York and New Jersey that their actions are unacceptable on Thursday, Februa’ 9th at 12:00 PM at

my District Office, 38-50 Bell Boulevard, Suite C, Bayside (entrance on 39th Avenue).

Sincerely

Tony Avella

State Senator

11th Senatorial District

Old 02-06-2017, 03:31 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
News 12/Newsday report: Neighborhoods face flight pattern changes | News 12 Long Island

Old 02-06-2017, 07:07 PM

Unfortunately the neighbors saying it's only temporary are wrong.
With time, traffic will only increase, as you said on another post I think.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:41 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
It can only get worse. More people are using air travel.
Maybe they can make quieter planes?

Old 02-14-2017, 07:19 AM

Interesting article. Seems the FAA's amazing Nextgen plan isn't as amazing as they think it is

Trump slams 'out of whack' FAA in meeting with airlines - POLITICO

Old 02-15-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfitg View Post
Interesting article. Seems the FAA's amazing Nextgen plan isn't as amazing as they think it is

Trump slams 'out of whack' FAA in meeting with airlines - POLITICO
"Trump, who once sought to launch his own airline and currently owns several aircraft, had fought a legal battle in Florida over the noisy jets flying over his Mar-a-Lago mansion in Palm Beach."

LOL

May be he is our man after all.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:26 PM

And on another article:

Quote:
"The Federal Aviation Administration will engage with the U.S. Secret Service about flight restrictions that will be put in place during the transition and for future presidential visits to Palm Beach, Florida," according to an FAA statement released Friday. "We will work to minimize the impact on commercial and general aviation."
I hope they mean for everyone! Otherwise, what's the rule of law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island